The last person to post wins!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-11-2014, 07:20 PM
RE: The last person to post wins!
Sometimes I lay awake imagining the fall of human civilizations. The earth descends in a period of intellectual darkness. All of the productive enterprises of the industrial revolution lie fallow or are destroyed. The natural resources that made it possible have all been depleted. Entire cities are dark, and vacant. Pollutions clouds the sky and hangs, murky and unnatural on the horizon. Many of the earths key stone species are endanger or extinct. Much of the earth's fresh water supply is irradiated, and a huge portions of fertile land are now blighted by nuclear fall out.

I imagine myself sifting through rubble. The ruin of a modest home is under my feet. The roof has caved in, crushing the furnture in what was once a small living room. A couch sits under some shingles, before me a desk covered in plaster. A large two-by-four has creaked a PC tower in half. Using a screw driver and a crow bar, and cave the side of the chassy in and carefully remove a hard drive - still in tact. I breath a sigh of relief, then turn around, shake the dust from my boots, and begin my long march to a cave where I am taking shelter. A few hours later, the sun now hanging low on the horizon and burning a fierce orange and pink glow in the clouds of dusty swirling the sky, I step into my shelter. I poor a few cups of diesel that I had scavenged from a junk yard on a previous outing into a gas generator. I yank on the pull string to start it once, twice, come on dammit start, and on the third time it does, sputtering like an old sick man. I plug an old laptop into the generator, A rare and precious find. I plug the hard drive in. I have to work quickly, I will only have power for a few precious minutes. I find the contents of the web server that used to be hosted on it. Using a well thought out search, I find the "last person to post wins" thread archive. I read the last post, smile, and then copy and then run an HTML script to echo my own post... "I win..." it says. I smile again, then grow very sad. The internet no longer exists. None of the people who used this ancient forum exist anymore... they are all almost certainly gone now. It is an empty victory, but I savior it none the less, and remember.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
20-11-2014, 07:26 PM
I don't wanna play anymore...

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
20-11-2014, 07:26 PM
(20-11-2014 07:20 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Sometimes I lay awake imagining the fall of human civilizations. The earth descends in a period of intellectual darkness. All of the productive enterprises of the industrial revolution lie fallow or are destroyed. The natural resources that made it possible have all been depleted. Entire cities are dark, and vacant. Pollutions clouds the sky and hangs, murky and unnatural on the horizon. Many of the earths key stone species are endanger or extinct. Much of the earth's fresh water supply is irradiated, and a huge portions of fertile land are now blighted by nuclear fall out.

I imagine myself sifting through rubble. The ruin of a modest home is under my feet. The roof has caved in, crushing the furnture in what was once a small living room. A couch sits under some shingles, before me a desk covered in plaster. A large two-by-four has creaked a PC tower in half. Using a screw driver and a crow bar, and cave the side of the chassy in and carefully remove a hard drive - still in tact. I breath a sigh of relief, then turn around, shake the dust from my boots, and begin my long march to a cave where I am taking shelter. A few hours later, the sun now hanging low on the horizon and burning a fierce orange and pink glow in the clouds of dusty swirling the sky, I step into my shelter. I poor a few cups of diesel that I had scavenged from a junk yard on a previous outing into a gas generator. I yank on the pull string to start it once, twice, come on dammit start, and on the third time it does, sputtering like an old sick man. I plug an old laptop into the generator, A rare and precious find. I plug the hard drive in. I have to work quickly, I will only have power for a few precious minutes. I find the contents of the web server that used to be hosted on it. Using a well thought out search, I find the "last person to post wins" thread archive. I read the last post, smile, and then copy and then run an HTML script to echo my own post... "I win..." it says. I smile again, then grow very sad. The internet no longer exists. None of the people who used this ancient forum exist anymore... they are all almost certainly gone now. It is an empty victory, but I savior it none the less, and remember.

Less thinking more scout.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-11-2014, 08:11 PM
(20-11-2014 07:20 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Sometimes I lay awake imagining the fall of human civilizations. The earth descends in a period of intellectual darkness. All of the productive enterprises of the industrial revolution lie fallow or are destroyed. The natural resources that made it possible have all been depleted. Entire cities are dark, and vacant. Pollutions clouds the sky and hangs, murky and unnatural on the horizon. Many of the earths key stone species are endanger or extinct. Much of the earth's fresh water supply is irradiated, and a huge portions of fertile land are now blighted by nuclear fall out.

I imagine myself sifting through rubble. The ruin of a modest home is under my feet. The roof has caved in, crushing the furnture in what was once a small living room. A couch sits under some shingles, before me a desk covered in plaster. A large two-by-four has creaked a PC tower in half. Using a screw driver and a crow bar, and cave the side of the chassy in and carefully remove a hard drive - still in tact. I breath a sigh of relief, then turn around, shake the dust from my boots, and begin my long march to a cave where I am taking shelter. A few hours later, the sun now hanging low on the horizon and burning a fierce orange and pink glow in the clouds of dusty swirling the sky, I step into my shelter. I poor a few cups of diesel that I had scavenged from a junk yard on a previous outing into a gas generator. I yank on the pull string to start it once, twice, come on dammit start, and on the third time it does, sputtering like an old sick man. I plug an old laptop into the generator, A rare and precious find. I plug the hard drive in. I have to work quickly, I will only have power for a few precious minutes. I find the contents of the web server that used to be hosted on it. Using a well thought out search, I find the "last person to post wins" thread archive. I read the last post, smile, and then copy and then run an HTML script to echo my own post... "I win..." it says. I smile again, then grow very sad. The internet no longer exists. None of the people who used this ancient forum exist anymore... they are all almost certainly gone now. It is an empty victory, but I savior it none the less, and remember ........

that what it said was, that god damn Bucky got that last damn post in, just before Armagedon. No wonder you were very sad. I understand. Really I do. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-11-2014, 08:17 PM
[Image: D5c0mxR.gif]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
20-11-2014, 08:26 PM
[Image: lp-thread-ruined.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
20-11-2014, 09:00 PM
[Image: tf2_female_scout_with_madmilk_by_gotwin9008-d6mjog3.jpg]

21-11-2014, 10:03 AM
[Image: i-dont-always-eat-cake-diabeetus.jpg]

Oh and Zeke, that pic above
[Image: 00a9102adc3e2747e281efeaf18d40bb.png]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
21-11-2014, 01:03 PM
[Image: tf2_scout_by_littlemmmyu-d5yzev8.jpg]

21-11-2014, 02:23 PM

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."