The last straw

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2014, 05:35 PM
The last straw
If you cannot refute Sye Ten Bruggencate, I will kill myself. There is no point in living if I know with 100% certainty that all humans are evil, filthy, disgusting animals.

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 05:45 PM by CiderThinker.)
RE: The last straw
Edited for decorum

"Name me a moral statement made or moral action performed that could not have been made or done, by a non-believer..." - Christopher Hitchens

My youtube musings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFoxbz...UVi1pf4B5g
[+] 1 user Likes CiderThinker's post
06-09-2014, 05:37 PM
This is the support section. People come here to support others. What kind of support are you asking for? Suicide prevention?

I am not sarcastic here, that is the section you are posting in.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
06-09-2014, 05:38 PM
I'd say that's maybe just a tad over dramatic and suggest you seek out some help.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
06-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Nevermind, I've got nothing. I didn't notice it was the support section.

Apologies.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
06-09-2014, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 06:08 PM by Nurse.)
Blink

Are you serious?

I'm not going to debate in the support section, but I will say this:

I don't consider myself, my husband, or our precious son "filthy" or "disgusting" or "evil." We are nice people who try to make the world better for those around us. I'm a nurse - my passion (job) is helping save lives or assisting in comfort care to help provide dignified death when the patient is DNR. My husband is an ex-cop (worked criminal investigations with a focus on crimes against children and CSI with a focus on cellphone forensics). He still volunteers his time to the PD to work security at football games and search laptops/phones in pedo cases. He's in college to become an elementary school teacher - he wants to be a positive male role model in rough inner city schools. Our son is five - he wants to be a police astronaut and save the universe from bad guys. So there you have it, less than 100% of the population is evil. No need to resort to suicide. Smile

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 10 users Like Nurse's post
06-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Please contact your doctor or the suicide prevention lines.

I honestly feel you need more help than anyone here can offer.

Get help- be well.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
06-09-2014, 06:06 PM
(06-09-2014 06:03 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Our son is five - he wants to be a police astronaut and save the universe from bad guys.

Thats the cutest thing I've heard in a long time! Big Grin
[+] 10 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
06-09-2014, 06:11 PM
(06-09-2014 06:06 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 06:03 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Our son is five - he wants to be a police astronaut and save the universe from bad guys.

Thats the cutest thing I've heard in a long time! Big Grin

Has he considered an exciting career in the Green Lantern Corp?

[Image: Greenlanterns.jpg]

As to Diddo, have fun.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-09-2014, 06:13 PM
(06-09-2014 06:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-09-2014 06:06 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Thats the cutest thing I've heard in a long time! Big Grin

Has he considered an exciting career in the Green Lantern Corp?

[Image: Greenlanterns.jpg]

As to Diddo, have fun.

Nah, I think we need to get that kid a Tardis Yes

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 5 users Like Smercury44's post