The late night Buddy show with musical guests

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2013, 04:32 AM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2013 04:37 AM by Buddy Christ.)
The late night Buddy show with musical guests
Hello out there, all you dreamers and creamers. It's Big Bud Cristo here and it's time for a segment I like to call "I'm really high at 3 in the morning and I have the strange weed desire to make other people listen to the music I'm listening to."

Mostly, it's a thread where I can stick music so I don't have to try to remember that one song I heard when I was high.

Let's start by introducing you musically challenged youths to some of the new music recently released by good musicians.

My first band is Mutemath. Now Mutemath is known for having a very skilled drummer who plays on a beat up drum set and for making very interesting videos. Their first video released on youtube was Typical, and was a single shot take of the band playing the song in reverse while doing some strange "reversed" things. And instead of playing their best songs to win you over (Chaos, Spotlight, Typical), I'm going to play one of their new songs. Here's Prytania.

And if you're like, but Big n Crispy, we want to hear an old song of theirs! Well here's an unknown winner for ya.

[Sponsor break featuring Zippy the cream filled cowboy]

And we're back. Now if you live on this planet and have ever heard music, you've likely heard of a band called Soundgarden. They were one of four bands credited with starting the Seattle grunge genre, along with Nirvana, Pearl Jam, and Alice in Chains. Chris Cornell bounced around for a while, singing for Audioslave and some solo work before Soundgarden reformed. They made a comeback album that wasn't very good. But in November of 2012, they made an album called King Animal. At first I thought that it simply didn't suck. Now I really like it. Have a listen. This is Taree.

And this next one is a different sound by the name of Rowing.

If that tickled your fancy, make sure you check out the song "Eyelids Mouth."

[Sponsor ad by Mr Slippyfist, the lubricated marital aid]

And finally, some of you may be aware of a band called Coheed and Cambria. If you ever saw a music video and went "who is this chick with an afro?" you've probably stumbled on C&C. Claudio is known for his ridiculously high pitched sound, his giant ass hair, and his amazingly in-depth back story ("lore" if you will) to his lyrics.

C&C already announced another upcoming album about a week ago (free sample song on youtube) but they did just release an album in 2012, so let's look at it. Coheed has a very "non-pop" style, where it's hard to get into them until you really hear a bunch of their songs. They don't make pop riffs on a loop, they change style and rhythm constantly throughout the song, they rarely rhyme their lyrics, they don't talk about partying or any "easy to relate to" generic lyrics. But here's the two songs off the new album that I liked the most.

Alrighty! The weed is wearing off and I'm starting to wonder what all this is on the screen so I will hit post and be back next time I hang out with Wesley Pipes and Billy Bong Thornton! Peace!

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply