The latest ShockofGod post... why do I bother?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2011, 03:14 PM
RE: The latest ShockofGod post... why do I bother?
Wow. Someone dug this post out of a graveyard.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2011, 03:15 PM
(16-12-2011 03:14 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Wow. Someone dug this post out of a graveyard.

Wasn't me <_<

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-12-2011, 06:59 PM
(21-11-2010 06:10 AM)ebilekittae Wrote:  The video wasn't the sad part for me. It was the comments section. Humanity, where is your reason?

Growing throughout the world. Bear in mind this is the ultimate example of cherry picking. Only theists who agree with him can post, otherwise atheist accounts are banned and comments removed.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
17-12-2011, 10:00 PM

Dont feed the trolls, ignore them. Wink
Quote this message in a reply
18-12-2011, 01:33 AM
I refuse to watch his videos on the grounds that A) the more views he gets, the more money he makes, and the more important he seems to be. B) I know whatever he's going to say will be complete crap, and much of it antagonistic, which will make me want to respond. C) Because he does not allow intelligent responses to be seen in the comments section, I refuse to support him by watching his videos. Until he is brave enough to allow all comments to be posted freely, he does not deserve any attention from an audience, especially on a forum that encourages open debate about the subject matter of the vides being posted. If he actually believed what he was saying, he'd take on all comments with enthusiasm, not hide from them by blocking them. Any theist who blocks comments and ratings of their videos (Yes, I know that's 90% of them) does NOT believe what they are saying is true. Otherwise they would welcome the chance to defend their opinions against critics, like any credible athiest does with their videos. That these cowards refuse to let anyone but their cheerleaders to post comments on their videos completely undercuts anything they have to say.

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
18-12-2011, 05:29 AM
I watched the first two minutes but it was so stupid. It didn't make sense and this pushing attitude "see see how they this ans that ...." As if the guys in that show were full of crap. They are not, they make a lot of sense...
I am stunned how he got so many comments that underline that crap he says in the video....

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-12-2011, 07:09 AM

(18-12-2011 05:29 AM)Leela Wrote:  I watched the first two minutes but it was so stupid. It didn't make sense and this pushing attitude "see see how they this ans that ...." As if the guys in that show were full of crap. They are not, they make a lot of sense...
I am stunned how he got so many comments that underline that crap he says in the video....
You wasted data/time you could have used to watch a video on lol cats. Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2011, 11:46 PM
(20-11-2010 10:15 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  So here's the latest post by the theist wizard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yNhiDQ9l...re=recentu

...and it's just more of the same nonsense with his quest to ask "the question" that he refuses to hear the answer for. And in staring at the screen, wishing he didn't ban all atheists from posting so I could point out the obvious quote mining and misleading he was doing, I started wondering "why?" Why do I keep going back to his videos when I know what to expect?

The answer folks, is because I care. As a fellow human being, it disturbs me deeply to see such unwavering devotion to the manipulation of counter evidence and the unwillingness to consider the opposition that I begin to think that there's something amiss in their brains. Not because of what they believe, but simply because they completely misconstrue the straightforward intentions of the dissenter.

Example:
"prove to me that 2 + 3 does not equal pudding"
"umm, 2 and 3 equal 5, not a word"
"you see!! you keep changing the subject to 5, clearly you can't prove it so 2 + 3 does equal pudding"

It's like a mental block that doesn't allow the obvious.

I went to post, and sure enough, I'm blocked from posting! Sad Obviously the guy has a problem with the strength of his belief to block anyone with opposing views.

His Web site about atheists is quite disgusting and disturbing. I can't imagine or believe that any atheist would talk about Christians the way he talks about non-believers. Full of hate and ridicule because of their non-belief! His thinking has not progressed beyond the thinking of the Dark Ages Christians. He'd have all infidels and heretics burnt at the stake, for sure.

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
[+] 2 users Like Organon's post