The "laws" of "nature"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2013, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2013 04:26 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: The "laws" of "nature"
Not to worry. Idiot Squared never went to school, and he's rewriting the dictionary, and stomping his 2 year old feet, demanding the entire world agree with his new definitions, or he will have a tantrum. Since he's an old man, I suspect he will never outgrow his terrible twos. No matter what anyone says, he will evade and redefine. Note he will never define first, as that's his fucking stupid little game. He's so predictable. Weeping
(He has what's known as a "passive aggressive personality disorder".)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
15-09-2013, 08:56 PM
(15-09-2013 07:38 PM)I and I Wrote:  1. What is nature

2. What are these laws?

Prediction: Posters here will imply "he is questioning x so he must believe in y."

Laws of nature may refer to...
Physical law, a scientific generalization based upon empirical observation
- here's a wiki on that.
Natural law, any of a number of doctrines in moral, political and legal theory
- and a wiki on that.

Drinking Beverage
ok, no... really... :beer:

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-09-2013, 02:58 AM
(15-09-2013 08:12 PM)NoSkyDaddy Wrote:  
IandI Wrote:1. What is nature

2. What are these laws?

Nature generally refers to the material world.
Natural "laws" refer to the scientific description of regularities in the material world which are so regular they have never been observed to be broken.

This is information any grade schooler should know. People are insulting you because they don't believe you are really that ignorant. They probably assume you have a basic education and are therefore trolling.

Conservation laws are artifacts of symmetries. Google Noether's theorem if you want to learn more.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
16-09-2013, 05:30 AM
(15-09-2013 07:38 PM)I and I Wrote:  1. What is nature

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nature
Dictionary.com Wrote:na·ture
[ney-cher] Show IPA
noun
the material world, especially as surrounding humankind and existing independently of human activities.
the natural world as it exists without human beings or civilization.
the elements of the natural world, as mountains, trees, animals, or rivers.
natural scenery.
the universe, with all its phenomena.

Wikipedia Wrote:Nature, in the broadest sense, is equivalent to the natural, physical, or material world or universe. "Nature" refers to the phenomena of the physical world, and also to life in general. It ranges in scale from the subatomic to the cosmic.

(15-09-2013 07:38 PM)I and I Wrote:  2. What are these laws?

Given the above definitions of nature, and this definition of "law" (in scientific terms)
Wikipedia also Wrote:A scientific law is a statement based on repeated experimental observations that describes some aspect of the world. A scientific law always applies under the same conditions, and implies that there is a causal relationship involving its elements.

I think you can work it out yourself.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
16-09-2013, 08:05 AM
Laws of nature are mathematical descriptors of theories of nature. Aka, the Law of Gravity =/= Theory of gravity, but the Law of Gravity is based upon the Theory of Gravity.

Do you have an actual question?

What is your agenda with spamming the science forum?

Evolve
16-09-2013, 08:21 AM
(16-09-2013 08:05 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Laws of nature are mathematical descriptors of theories of nature. Aka, the Law of Gravity =/= Theory of gravity, but the Law of Gravity is based upon the Theory of Gravity.

Gravity is a law of nature. Is that what you are claiming?
16-09-2013, 09:37 AM
(16-09-2013 08:21 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(16-09-2013 08:05 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Laws of nature are mathematical descriptors of theories of nature. Aka, the Law of Gravity =/= Theory of gravity, but the Law of Gravity is based upon the Theory of Gravity.

Gravity is a law of nature. Is that what you are claiming?

The Law of Gravity is a mathematical description of the Theory of Gravity. (that is almost verbatim from my previous post)

Evolve