The letter from last podcast?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2013, 09:08 AM
The letter from last podcast?
He read an amazingly concise letter during his most recent podcast. He said it would be posted on the site. Anyone see it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-03-2013, 10:38 AM
RE: The letter from last podcast?
(20-03-2013 09:08 AM)Chrisinfp Wrote:  He read an amazingly concise letter during his most recent podcast. He said it would be posted on the site. Anyone see it?

See under Editor's Blog.

Or click here --> http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/blog/5...ian-Mother

20-03-2013, 11:38 AM
If only a letter like that would work.

I'm afraid that everyone, or very nearly so, would just reject this letter when they receive it. They've already bought into the whole "God loves me" mentality and will ignore this just like they've been ignoring these parts of the bible all along. I've seen that with my own eyes with very educated Mormon women (and let's face it, Mormons are even more belittling of women than the general Christian doctrines) who are fully aware of how their faith ignores and belittles women, but they just accept it because it's part of their indoctrination and they know God loves them.

Christians of all faiths are so used to ignoring the ugly bits of the bible that they do so automatically, and I don't think a letter like this is likely to change that.

I would love to hear of success stories that prove me wrong, or that at least call the exceptions to attention.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
24-03-2013, 06:46 AM
I listened to him reading it on the podcast and was astounded at the incredible knowledge he exhibited regarding the true nature of their god in both old and new testaments. I told my wife that I am going to put those remarks in a special file titled 'atheist apologetics' and, more importantly, I'm going to try to memorize those biblical quotes. They'll be devastating in any dialogue with the cultists.

"that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" Christopher Hitchens
24-03-2013, 07:14 AM
(24-03-2013 06:46 AM)raoul116 Wrote:  I listened to him reading it on the podcast and was astounded at the incredible knowledge he exhibited regarding the true nature of their god in both old and new testaments. I told my wife that I am going to put those remarks in a special file titled 'atheist apologetics' and, more importantly, I'm going to try to memorize those biblical quotes. They'll be devastating in any dialogue with the cultists.
If it were only so easy. Remember they carry this book around, claim to have studied it AND still believe it is the unaltered word of an all powerful, good and loving God. It is the ultimate Stockholm Syndrome to read this crap and still not question it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-03-2013, 07:36 AM
(24-03-2013 07:14 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(24-03-2013 06:46 AM)raoul116 Wrote:  I listened to him reading it on the podcast and was astounded at the incredible knowledge he exhibited regarding the true nature of their god in both old and new testaments. I told my wife that I am going to put those remarks in a special file titled 'atheist apologetics' and, more importantly, I'm going to try to memorize those biblical quotes. They'll be devastating in any dialogue with the cultists.
If it were only so easy. Remember they carry this book around, claim to have studied it AND still believe it is the unaltered word of an all powerful, good and loving God. It is the ultimate Stockholm Syndrome to read this crap and still not question it.

I never said nor do I think it will be easy. I know it isn't because I've tangled with them already and found myself banging my head against the wall numerous times. LOL
However, the more knowledge one gets, the more useful it can be.

"that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" Christopher Hitchens