The life of a lonely man

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2013, 04:31 PM
The life of a lonely man
Who I'm ? My name is Anthony I'm 19 years old and I'm from France and I live in the main region of this country (Isle of France or Île-De-France in French language).
I live in a fucking (excuse me for the word) neighbourhood where there are nothing to do and nothing to make.
Except speak with friends but I lose the contact with the majority of them because we didn't studied the same things. The majority of them studied in a "Lycée Général" (College). I studied in a "Lycée Professionnelle" (Vocation school). For this reason I lose contact with them like I had a busy schedule. People that I met in my vocation school live very far of my city.
Each holidays this is the same thing.
I leave my home only when I must :
1.Empty rubbishes.
2.Buy something at the grocery store.
3.Buy something at the pharmacy.
4.Buy bred at the baker.

Also I leave my home when I can see my grandparents.
I missed my "Bac Pro" (BTEC National Diploma). I will try to obtain a job in September. But if I can't find a job ? that means few social interactions again and again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like viocjit's post
12-08-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: The life of a lonely man
Hmm. You and I are in a pretty similar situation. Although I don't know if I think it's bad for me or not. But, if you find it to be hard, well, I guess keeping contact with members on forums like this is better than not doing anything. Hope it fixes for ya.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
12-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Maybe some of these people can be live, face-to-face friends?

I'm sorry you're lonely. I know how that feels. Hug
13-08-2013, 09:07 AM
19? All these young folks around here make me feel old by comparison. No

Anyway, I often feel the opposite - that I've got too many people bidding for my attention when all I want is a moment's peace! But even I get lonely at times and it's not a good feeling. Hug

13-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Hmmm, 19. That's 30 years back but I recall a similar experience and it's not uncommon with a major life-change:
From school to work, from career to new career, from location to location.

The more 'global' our social groups become, the more likely that we struggle to maintain earlier relationships.

The last time I spoke to anyone I went to school with was ... erm ... when I was at school.

One life-skill we all have to gain is the ability to cope (and for some, thrive) at these times of change.

Like Escape Artist, for me, being alone =/= being lonely; times of solitude are cherished but I can certainly empathise with your feelings of... well, ... uncertainty.

My method for learning to manage these major changes was to go to an extreme i.e. force change upon myself. Oddly enough, it involved travel to ... France!

Yes

13-08-2013, 10:50 AM
I agree with DLJ. Just keep your head high and attempt to keep moving forward, even through the loneliness. Try really hard to get that job in September, and one day, attempt to travel. Put yourself out there. You'll find plenty of social and work opportunities.
13-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Thanks for yours messages. Yours answers gave to me some ideas.
[+] 1 user Likes viocjit's post
13-08-2013, 03:47 PM
(13-08-2013 03:42 PM)viocjit Wrote:  Thanks for yours messages. Yours answers gave to me some ideas.

Your forum family is always here. Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
13-08-2013, 04:47 PM
(13-08-2013 09:28 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Oddly enough, it involved travel to ... France!

Makes sense, birthplace of The Absurd.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-04-2014, 04:46 PM
I HAVE A GOOD NEWS TO TELL :

I found a work in mystery shopping in February 2014.
I did 6 missions and I'm paid around of 10 € and 20 € by missions.
Go at http://www.xe.com for those who want to know the equivalence in their currency.
[+] 2 users Like viocjit's post