The life of a welfare queen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2014, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 09:28 AM by BrokenQuill92.)
The life of a welfare queen
I've been living very high on the hog getting $732.00 from SSI.

http://www.maxiaids.com/store/prodIndex.asp

Europa folding cane $25.00 each (needs replacing every three months * I usually buy two at a time)

Hooked rolling bulldog tip for cane (needs replacing monthly* I usually buy three at a time sometimes four) $7.00 each

Talking alarm clock $60.00

Pending friend labeling system $140.00

Pen friend labels $40.00

Tel-Timer talking timer $15.00

Cool touch oven guards $20.00

Say When liquid level indicator
$10.00

Long oven mitts $20.00

Pocket Slate $10.00

Stylus $2.00

13 line Braille slate $30.00

Braille labeler $30.00

Magnetic Braille label tape $20.00

Braille label tape $15.00

Tactile dots $7.00

Tactile measuring cups $20.00

Daisy Victor Reader Stream $400.00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0090S8CDA...SY165_QL70

Detachable showerhead $35.00 (I need the shower head for my hydrocephalus I have issues with water pressure)

Talking watch $60.00

http://www.freedomscientific.com/product...t-page.asp

JAWS screen reader $2000.00

http://www.kurzweiledu.com/press/Kurzwei...dards.html

Kurzweil text translator $1000.00

PC $750.00

http://mobile.walmart.com/m/phoenix#ip/S...ype=search

SeaGate 3t hard drive (blind people are heavy data users) $110.00

iPhone 4S $245.00 ($60.00 by monthly bill * only accessible mobile for the blind and visually impaired)

(Note I have not included food, rent, bills, medication, doctors bills, clothing, toiletries, make up, feminine items, entertainment, books, school supplies,art supplies, or transportation costs, these are all simply items I need in every day life as a blind person)

Just some food for thought conservatives as u shout about race cards and reverse discrimination
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like BrokenQuill92's post
08-01-2014, 02:05 AM
RE: The life of a welfare queen
That was an interesting list...but what does welfare have to do with the race cards or reverse discrimination? I consider myself to be fiscally conservative, and I am perplexed.

Also, I don't think most conservative people would call you a welfare queen. People who deserve that title are those that make welfare a lifestyle choice out of laziness. Does that describe you? I'm assuming not.

P.S., what does this thread have to do with 'History'?

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
08-01-2014, 02:14 AM
(08-01-2014 02:05 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  That was an interesting list...but what does welfare have to do with the race cards or reverse discrimination? I consider myself to be fiscally conservative, and I am perplexed.

Also, I don't think most conservative people would call you a welfare queen. People who deserve that title are those that make welfare a lifestyle choice out of laziness. Does that describe you? I'm assuming not.

P.S., what does this thread have to do with 'History'?

First accidentally posted in the wrong spot. Second there's no such thing as a welfare queen because NO one can live off the system, The most anyone ever gets is $1500 not enough for anyone to live off. So the myth of the welfare queen is a complete and total lie.

And what's more is ALL my electronic items I wouldn't be able to afford if they weren't donated or sponsored by Voc rehab centers.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2014, 02:46 AM
I think you are confused. "Welfare Queen" is not a term appropriate for anyone on welfare. It's for people scamming the system.

Wikipedia Wrote:A welfare queen is a pejorative phrase used in the United States to refer to people who are accused of collecting excessive welfare payments through fraud or manipulation. Reporting on welfare fraud began during the early 1960s, appearing in general interest magazines such as Readers Digest.

And it still has nothing to do with reverse discrimination or playing the race card necessarily. People of all colors, creeds, etc scam the system.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
08-01-2014, 02:58 AM
Moved thread to Politics forum.

08-01-2014, 05:50 AM
Detachable shower head ? that sounds suspiciously perverted.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
08-01-2014, 05:53 AM
I understand you can't afford these things, but I'm a little more curious about your monthly purchases. That would give me a better idea. A lot of the things you listed were "one-off" purchases. Surely you don't buy the $1,000 text reader every month, or the cool touch oven gloves every month.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
08-01-2014, 06:50 AM
Out of interest, and because google sucks, what is the unemployment benefit each week in the US?
It's $172 here ($142 US dollars).

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
08-01-2014, 06:52 AM
(08-01-2014 06:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Out of interest, and because google sucks, what is the unemployment benefit each week in the US?

Lots of variables here Muffs. How much you have earned in the last 4 or 5 quarters and what state you are in come into play in the calculation of unemployment.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-01-2014, 06:54 AM
(08-01-2014 06:50 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Out of interest, and because google sucks, what is the unemployment benefit each week in the US?

Unemployment benefits vary from state to state. It is based, in part, in the cost of living in a particular are. Someone living in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma is going to get less than someone in Los Angeles.