The life of a welfare queen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2014, 07:32 AM
RE: The life of a welfare queen
Well what's the average for someone who hasn't worked in fuck knows how long?
Are we talking $142 or are we talking like $200+? etc..

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 07:46 AM
It's topics like these that show something that no one thinks of.
For every bum that takes welfare money because working is too much of a hassle, there are a dozen people who can't function without it.

This topic has made me curious.
I read a mention of your blindness before and I would find it fascinating to see how you use some of your tools.
Or how you use tools on your computer to interact with this forum.
Would it be possible, and would you be willing, to have someone film you while you do some of these things?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
08-01-2014, 07:57 AM
If you haven't worked in a long time, you are getting nothing. And, depending on why you are no longer at your last job, you may get nothing. If you were fired for certain things, you are going to be out of luck. If you decided to quit, just because, you are getting nothing.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
08-01-2014, 08:08 AM
SSI here in the states is a disability payment and has nothing to do with employment status. That disability generally has to be something that isn't going to resolve itself and will be a lifelong issue. It is quite different from people that just figure out how to work the system with no real reason for drawing funds from welfare. The biggest problem with SSI is that if you end up out of work for a time due to an illness or accident that should eventually be resolved and you haven't worked somewhere long enough or don't have a long-term or short-term disability insurance that you have been paying for, you are out of luck.

The only thing that kept me afloat after my surgeries was the little bit of money I got when my dad died. I had no other resources to cover lost wages, transportation, medical needs that weren't covered by insurance, special clothing items I had to have. Had it not been for losing dad the same year I was diagnosed, I would have lost everything. I wasn't going to be out of work long enough to be considered disabled so was not eligible for SSI. Some people could use help for a short time because of some extreme circumstance and that help isn't there unless you search different charities and try to formulate a plan. But charities usually give you items and not cash, which is great but still limiting.

The system isn't perfect. But then, most things aren't.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
08-01-2014, 08:21 AM
(08-01-2014 06:54 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Unemployment benefits vary from state to state. It is based, in part, in the cost of living in a particular are. Someone living in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma is going to get less than someone in Los Angeles.
*area

[Image: Y5tGBer.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
08-01-2014, 10:02 AM
(08-01-2014 07:46 AM)Caveman Wrote:  It's topics like these that show something that no one thinks of.
For every bum that takes welfare money because working is too much of a hassle, there are a dozen people who can't function without it.

I read a mention of your blindness before and I would find it fascinating to see how you use some of your tools.
Would it be possible, and would you be willing, to have someone film you while you do some of these things?
Sure. If I could find somebody to do, I like to think of my blindness as a learning experience for others.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2014, 10:19 AM
To qualify as a welfare queen you must have at least three children to different fathers, right?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
08-01-2014, 10:21 AM
(08-01-2014 10:19 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  To qualify as a welfare queen you must have at least three children to different fathers, right?

Not according to the good people of Murfreesboro TN
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Ahhh.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
08-01-2014, 01:32 PM
(08-01-2014 10:02 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 07:46 AM)Caveman Wrote:  It's topics like these that show something that no one thinks of.

Sure. If I could find somebody to do, I like to think of my blindness as a learning experience for others.

Well, let me know if you ever get around to it.
I'm 4400 miles away from you, so I can't just drop by, but maybe there are members closer by ^^

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.