The link between female promiscuity and disloyalty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 05:09 PM
RE: The link between female promiscuity and disloyalty
(13-10-2014 05:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That is the dictionary definition of harassment, receiving repeated unwanted attention.

You can argue about how unwanted it is when the receiver has the total power to stop it altogether but chooses not to.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
13-10-2014, 05:10 PM
(13-10-2014 05:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 05:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That is the dictionary definition of harassment, receiving repeated unwanted attention.

You can argue about how unwanted it is when the receiver has the total power to stop it altogether but chooses not to.

As long as there is an ability to post on the board then there isn't total power to stop it.

Unless you really want your good members to give up and leave.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
13-10-2014, 05:10 PM
(13-10-2014 05:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  

Once they ask it to cease it does not matter.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-10-2014, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2014 05:15 PM by Hughsie.)
(13-10-2014 05:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Once they ask it to cease it does not matter.

I disagree, if someone wants no PMs from a member then it is fully in their control to make that happen. If they do not do so then that's their choice.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
13-10-2014, 05:13 PM
(13-10-2014 05:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 05:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  You can argue about how unwanted it is when the receiver has the total power to stop it altogether but chooses not to.

As long as there is an ability to post on the board then there isn't total power to stop it.

Unless you really want your good members to give up and leave.

Apparently that's fine. Good people leaving voluntarily is preferable to trolls being banned - it violates their rights, dontcha know. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-10-2014, 05:15 PM
(13-10-2014 05:12 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 05:10 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Once they ask it to cease it does not matter.

I disagree, if someone wants no PMs from a member then it is fully in their control to make that happen. If they do not do that then that's their choice.

Once they have been asked to stop and they don't, it's harassment. Period.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Could we wait until after this situation is sorted out to start jumping at each other's throats again? I'm sure Forbes is taking great pleasure in watching the discord he causes.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
13-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Good fucking god damn, this mess again? So the last time wasn't used as a learning opportunity to possibly review and reform forum policy on harassment. Got it. Check. Understood. Post at your own peril Facepalm

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
13-10-2014, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2014 05:21 PM by Losty.)
(13-10-2014 04:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 04:54 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  It seems like if someone you know is a sock/troll is harassing you via PM. The smartest option would be to not place them on ignore, but instead to just report every single PM they send you. It's hard enough to get threatening people banned here. Stalking, harassing, and threatening is not enough sometimes. Dodgy

If people decide not to put someone they want to stop PMing them on ignore then that is their prerogative. Kinda makes it harder to sympathise with someone though when, on the one hand they are complaining to you about these PMs they are getting that they don't like, but on the other hand they are refusing to anything to stop them, even when it's totally within their power

Yes, because the victims of such harassment are the ones to be blamed. Perhaps said victims wouldn't need to take such drastic measure furthering their own suffering, if said powers that be weren't so pathetically obsessed with be the forum that doesn't ban people. Sadly, however, this is not the case. So I, being a member and hopefully being granted the same amount of free speech that you all love to give to trolls, am giving advice that I think might work.
If someone has threatened you, stalked you, and harassed you the admins and Hughsie do not care. Especially if that someone did these things outside of this forum. Nevermind your triggered PTSD. Nevermind your mental and emotional health. Nevermind your desire to protect other forum members from someone with an obvious mental health condition.
I went about it all wrong. I apologize to those who had to endure a small amount of the harassment I saw. If you want to learn something from my experience, learn this: do not delete you email account and do not ignore your stalker. Respond to every PM with please stop doing this and report every single PM you get. Make posts tell everyone exactly what happened so that if they aren't protected at least you don't have to feel guilty about it. Make a stir. Sometimes things are done wrong and sometimes when you think things need to change you have to piss off a few higher powers to get there. This standing up and speaking out it's not my thing. It's not something I do. I feel all shaky and freaked out right now, but things need to change and I feel morally obligated to speak out. Don't let anyone guilt you into thinking it's your fault that you're being harassed. Don't let them tell you you're not a victim if you don't put your stalker on ignore, because sadly that's the only way to get anything done here. Lastly, and most importantly, when you feel threatened make a report with your local police. They will tell you what you can do to be more protected and keep your family safe just in case.
Wow. Please excuse my rambling. This is a really hard topic for me to discuss without crying or being ill. But I thought it was an important thing to share.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 11 users Like Losty's post
13-10-2014, 05:19 PM
(13-10-2014 05:17 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 04:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  If people decide not to put someone they want to stop PMing them on ignore then that is their prerogative. Kinda makes it harder to sympathise with someone though when, on the one hand they are complaining to you about these PMs they are getting that they don't like, but on the other hand they are refusing to anything to stop them, even when it's totally within their power

Yes, because the victims of such harassment are the ones to be blamed. Perhaps said victims wouldn't need to take such drastic measure furthering their own suffering, if said powers that be weren't so pathetically obsessed with be the forum that doesn't ban people. Sadly, however, this is not the case. So I, being a member and hopefully being granted the same amount of free speech that you all love to give to trolls, am giving advice that I think might work.
If someone has threatened you, stalked you, and harassed you the admins and Hughsie do not care. Especially if that someone did these things outside of this forum. Nevermind your triggered PTSD. Nevermind your mental and emotional health. Nevermind your desire to protect other forum members from someone with an obvious mental health condition.
I went about it all wrong. I apologize to those who had to endure a small amount of the harassment I saw. If you want to learn something from my experience, learn this: do not delete you email account and do not ignore your stalker. Respond to every PM with please stop doing this and report every single PM you get. Make posts tell everyone exactly what happened so that if they aren't protected at least you don't have to feel guilty about it. Make a stir. Sometimes things are done wrong and sometimes when you think things need to change you have to piss off a few higher powers to get there. This standing up and speaking out it's not my thing. It's not something I do. I feel all shaky and freaked out right now, but things need to change and I feel morally obligated to speak out. Don't like anyone guilt you into thinking it's your fault that you're being harassed. Don't let them tell you you're not a victim if you don't put your stalker on ignore, because sadly that's the only way to get anything done here. Lastly, and most importantly, when you feel threatened make a report with your local police. They will tell you what you can do to be more protected and keep your family safe just in case.
Wow. Please excuse my rambling. This is a really hard topic for me to discuss without crying or being ill. But I thought it was an important thing to share.

Well said, thanks for sharing Hug Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post