The link between female promiscuity and disloyalty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 08:32 AM
RE: The link between female promiscuity and disloyalty
(13-10-2014 08:26 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 08:21 AM)Forbes Wrote:  I'm not. I'm just asking if there's evidence to support the argument.

What kind of evidence?

In civilised society it is considered a personal betrayal to cheat, but in some less civilised area it is a crime which can be punished by death, and in some circles people don't mind at all; doggers, key partiers, etc.

The kind of disloyalty you must be referring to with the link between promiscuous behavior and disloyalty is that of people 'cheating' on partners, which of course isn't a female issue; it's something both genders do. And of course sometimes it is considered a personal disloyalty, sometimes a legal one, and sometimes not any disloyalty at all.

I'm not sure what evidence you want of the link. I'm very sure that statistics of promiscuous people's likelihood of cheating compared to 'average people' do not exist.

I've heard of something called oxytocin, which is like a bonding chemical or something, which apparently women have more of, or something like that. What i've heard is that the more men a woman has sex with, the more her ability to bond becomes "numb". Apparently it's not as strong in men, i.e. which is why men can separate love and sex better than women. these are things that i've heard and I wondered if there's any truth to it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 08:33 AM
"I've heard it said..."

Hmm... I've heard a lot of things said. I generally don't pay attention to stupid shit.

What are you 10 years old? Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 9 users Like kim's post
13-10-2014, 08:34 AM
(13-10-2014 08:32 AM)Forbes Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 08:26 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  What kind of evidence?

In civilised society it is considered a personal betrayal to cheat, but in some less civilised area it is a crime which can be punished by death, and in some circles people don't mind at all; doggers, key partiers, etc.

The kind of disloyalty you must be referring to with the link between promiscuous behavior and disloyalty is that of people 'cheating' on partners, which of course isn't a female issue; it's something both genders do. And of course sometimes it is considered a personal disloyalty, sometimes a legal one, and sometimes not any disloyalty at all.

I'm not sure what evidence you want of the link. I'm very sure that statistics of promiscuous people's likelihood of cheating compared to 'average people' do not exist.

I've heard of something called oxytocin, which is like a bonding chemical or something, which apparently women have more of, or something like that. What i've heard is that the more men a woman has sex with, the more her ability to bond becomes "numb". Apparently it's not as strong in men, i.e. which is why men can separate love and sex better than women. these are things that i've heard and I wondered if there's any truth to it.

[Image: SebLester_Bollocks.jpg]

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
13-10-2014, 08:36 AM
(13-10-2014 08:32 AM)Forbes Wrote:  I've heard of something called oxytocin, which is like a bonding chemical or something, which apparently women have more of, or something like that. What i've heard is that the more men a woman has sex with, the more her ability to bond becomes "numb". Apparently it's not as strong in men, i.e. which is why men can separate love and sex better than women. these are things that i've heard and I wondered if there's any truth to it.

Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
13-10-2014, 08:38 AM
(13-10-2014 08:33 AM)kim Wrote:  "I've heard it said..."

Hmm... I've heard a lot of things said. I generally don't pay attention to stupid shit.

Bowing

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-10-2014, 08:39 AM

Probably at least 15 - it requires puberty to be a junior misogynist. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-10-2014, 08:41 AM
(13-10-2014 08:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Probably at least 15 - it requires puberty to be a junior misogynist. Drinking Beverage

Why are you calling me a misogynist? I'm just asking if there is evidence to support the argument. It's not me that made the argument.
13-10-2014, 08:41 AM
(13-10-2014 08:41 AM)Forbes Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 08:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  Probably at least 15 - it requires puberty to be a junior misogynist. Drinking Beverage

Why are you calling me a misogynist? I'm just asking if there is evidence to support the argument. It's not me that made the argument.

No there isn't because the 'argument' is bollocks. That's pretty much the end of it.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
13-10-2014, 08:43 AM
(13-10-2014 08:41 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 08:41 AM)Forbes Wrote:  Why are you calling me a misogynist? I'm just asking if there is evidence to support the argument. It's not me that made the argument.

No there isn't because the 'argument' is bollocks. That's pretty much the end of it.

That's no reason to accuse me of being a misogynist.
13-10-2014, 08:44 AM
(13-10-2014 08:43 AM)Forbes Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 08:41 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  No there isn't because the 'argument' is bollocks. That's pretty much the end of it.

That's no reason to accuse me of being a misogynist.

Don't worry about that, he thinks everyone is a troll. You've got your answer now.

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.