The link between female promiscuity and disloyalty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2014 06:04 PM by Losty.)
RE: The link between female promiscuity and disloyalty
(13-10-2014 05:51 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 05:43 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Too bad he hasn't a clue about the circumstances and therefore his opinion isn't worth much. You, on the other hand, haven't much excuse for the way you look at victims of harassment and think putting someone on ignore is good enough. As if that could fix everything. I personally invoked ignore on the very first day. And then had someone remove every picture of myself and my children and then I left. I left and the FT left everyone else here in danger if being victimized. If I had it to do over again I would PM every single admin, supermod, and mod every day. I would give them every single disturbing gruesome detail of why I was upset. I would not use the ignore button and I would report every single PM. Then I would creat a thread to document all of this for everyone to see how scary things can get while some people are still cheering "let's don't ban him, he hasn't broken any rules".

Forgive me, but this harassment that Forbes is accused of? Of all the PMs I've already been forwarded, precisely zero have contained any threats or anything even close to threats. They all seem to be little more than random sentences.

-People are receiving random sentences that are in no way threatening or even creepy, and they decide they don't want to.

-I mention to the one person who actually contacts me about it that if they don't want to receive said PMs they can block them. Person seems unhappy and says they are being sent out to a lot of other people.

-I spend going on an hour creating an entire new usergroup to prevent people receiving said PMs (it really took that long).

-Following that I mention that, in a general sense, if in future anyone wants to stop a person PMing them they can do so in a couple of clicks, and then I post exactly how it's done.

Sorry, failing to see what part of that was so awful. Please enlighten me as to what part you take issue with.

No no, forgive me. I thought it was obvious that I wasn't talking about forbes. The part I take issue with is that is sounds disgustingly similar to what a very upset member told me she was told when she was being harassed by WC. That it was her fault for not ignoring. That just makes me sick. And so I said, based on my experiences that people should not put anyone on ignore. From that moment I have been discussing my own experiences. Which have nothing to do with forbes personally but with WC and the way this forum is run.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Losty's post
13-10-2014, 06:02 PM
(13-10-2014 05:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 05:36 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  You are a fighter and I love that about you! I tend to be more of a duck and hide type person in this situation. It meant a lot to me to see that you guys all had my back. I made choices at the beginning of this that I regret. I am just not good at sticking up for myself, but I should have tried. I'm sorry for that. I should have made a bigger stir and I should have tried harder to make deidre see before she got hurt.

Your choices were the right ones for you. Some of us just tried to make sure things got made right and to protect others that may be here in the future. Unfortunately those efforts were unsuccessful. Many of us knew what you had been through and tried to see that anything like it was avoided, we just didn't have the power to get it done and that's too bad. As for Deirdre, many tried to protect her but in the end she made her own decisions. We were still here to try to act as a buffer.

Don't apologize for what wasn't any fault of yours.

Thank you Hug

I just think had I been more assertive in the beginning much of this could have been avoided. Assertive just isn't Losty though.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
13-10-2014, 06:04 PM
(13-10-2014 06:00 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  No no, forgive me. I thought it was obvious that I wasn't talking about forbes. The part I take issue with is that is sounds disgustingly similar to what a very upset member told me she was told when she was being harassed by WC. That it was her fault for not ignoring. That just makes me sick. And so I said, based on my experiences that people should not but anyone on ignore. From that moment I have been discussing my own experiences. Which have nothing to do with forbes personally but with WC and the way this forum is run.

Oh, I've been talking about Forbes all this time.

As for WC that was something that was handled by the Admins, you would have to ask them.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-10-2014, 06:08 PM
(13-10-2014 05:24 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 05:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  This was avoidable and wasn't avoided. The FT should be embarrassed by this.

Fair enough, but it's not who you think it is.

We should start a pool. A misogynist in the UK whose girlfriends keep cheating on him. ... Consider ... I got nothing.

#sigh
13-10-2014, 06:13 PM
(13-10-2014 05:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 05:51 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Forgive me, but this harassment that Forbes is accused of? Of all the PMs I've already been forwarded, precisely zero have contained any threats or anything even close to threats. They all seem to be little more than random sentences.

-People are receiving random sentences that are in no way threatening or even creepy, and they decide they don't want to.

-I mention to the one person who actually contacts me about it that if they don't want to receive said PMs they can block them. Person seems unhappy and says they are being sent out to a lot of other people.

-I spend going on an hour creating an entire new usergroup to prevent people receiving said PMs (it really took that long).

-Following that I mention that, in a general sense, if in future anyone wants to stop a person PMing them they can do so in a couple of clicks, and then I post exactly how it's done.

Sorry, failing to see what part of that was so awful. Please enlighten me as to what part you take issue with.

You made the decision to cut off PMs for people?

On the upside, I'm the one who was publicly threatened by Forbes and didn't receive a PM. I have no qualms with not receiving a PM by this menace. Just sayin.

As I said before in an analysis about WC, the less contact the better.

And once again, I'm out of this conversation. Because I feel threatened. This is a sick person with a history of violence and OFFLINE STALKING.

And if this isn't WC, it's still a mentally unstable person. I refuse to be a victim again. Please permaban or I will consider leaving. This is a sadness, as I am starting to develop friendships.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
13-10-2014, 06:14 PM
(13-10-2014 06:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 05:24 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Fair enough, but it's not who you think it is.

We should start a pool. A misogynist in the UK whose girlfriends keep cheating on him. ... Consider ... I got nothing.

I'd say not the UK. IP is easy to spoof.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-10-2014, 06:15 PM
(13-10-2014 06:04 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 06:00 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  No no, forgive me. I thought it was obvious that I wasn't talking about forbes. The part I take issue with is that is sounds disgustingly similar to what a very upset member told me she was told when she was being harassed by WC. That it was her fault for not ignoring. That just makes me sick. And so I said, based on my experiences that people should not but anyone on ignore. From that moment I have been discussing my own experiences. Which have nothing to do with forbes personally but with WC and the way this forum is run.

Oh, I've been talking about Forbes all this time.

As for WC that was something that was handled by the Admins, you would have to ask them.

Isn't so cute how that's always the answer and they never seem to be around. I, for one, find it to be completely adorable. Dodgy

And it wasn't something that was handled solely by admins. There were parts that were handled by mods and supermods as well.

When something that concerns everyone's safety and well being is fucked up this badly, maybe we all deserve an explanation.

[+] 7 users Like Losty's post
13-10-2014, 06:16 PM
(13-10-2014 05:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 05:51 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  -I spend going on an hour creating an entire new usergroup to prevent people receiving said PMs (it really took that long).

You made the decision to cut off PMs for people?

What is the answer to this? Are we now so governed that our PMs are monitored? I had a mod ask me to forward PMs- have I been added to this new group. If so, then I cannot provide info as requested.

If we don't use ignore can the team now set it for us at their will?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-10-2014, 06:17 PM
(13-10-2014 06:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 06:08 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  We should start a pool. A misogynist in the UK whose girlfriends keep cheating on him. ... Consider ... I got nothing.

I'd say not the UK. IP is easy to spoof.

The whole IP thing is not reliable anymore. The web has moved on, our tool isn't doing the job, and searches don't either.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
13-10-2014, 06:19 PM
(13-10-2014 06:13 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 05:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You made the decision to cut off PMs for people?

On the upside, I'm the one who was publicly threatened by Forbes and didn't receive a PM. I have no qualms with not receiving a PM by this menace. Just sayin.

As I said before in an analysis about WC, the less contact the better.

And once again, I'm out of this conversation. Because I feel threatened. This is a sick person with a history of violence and OFFLINE STALKING.

And if this isn't WC, it's still a mentally unstable person. I refuse to be a victim again. Please permaban or I will consider leaving. This is a sadness, as I am starting to develop friendships.

I sure hope you don't leave, you are a great addition to the forum.

I am sorry you feel threatened - FWIW. Hopefully those that can to something to stop it, will.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post