The link between female promiscuity and disloyalty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2014 06:50 PM by Cetaceaphile.)
RE: The link between female promiscuity and disloyalty
You've explained that the block feature is somehow victim blaming, but not why. Also not explained why it's good enough for everyone else on the internet but not for you.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 06:53 PM
(13-10-2014 06:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 06:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'd say not the UK. IP is easy to spoof.

The whole IP thing is not reliable anymore. The web has moved on, our tool isn't doing the job, and searches don't either.

Then I'm going with TheTalkingTurd.

#sigh
13-10-2014, 06:55 PM
(13-10-2014 06:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 06:17 PM)Dom Wrote:  The whole IP thing is not reliable anymore. The web has moved on, our tool isn't doing the job, and searches don't either.

Then I'm going with TheTalkingTurd.

TTT usually isn't violent or nasty. But I suppose he could be really mad about the last double ban.

He is usually more of a pest and not so much creepy or threatening.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Not that it matters what I think, but I think both sides have valid points. I do think that the disruptive, cancerous (to the forum), and potentially dangerous should be banned. I also think in most cases putting somebody that you don't like on ignore is a good option. But I also see the point being made about making a paper trail to bring to the "ban court".

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
13-10-2014, 06:59 PM
(13-10-2014 06:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 06:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Then I'm going with TheTalkingTurd.

TTT usually isn't violent or nasty. But I suppose he could be really mad about the last double ban.

True. Who was Andrew Davies a sock of?

#sigh
13-10-2014, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2014 07:09 PM by Losty.)
(13-10-2014 06:40 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 06:38 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I wonder if you've ever wondered how badly you make an ass of yourself when you stick your foot in your mouth talking about something you know nothing about.

Care to explain or just fling shit?

What have I been doing this whole time? I was harassed at another forum and then outside of forums altogether. I received horrifying disgusting emails that gave me nightmares and set off PTSD triggers everwhere. He somehow knew exactly where I lived even though I never told anyone that information. When I realized there was no escaping I eventually deleted that email account altogether. Sometime at the beginning of that I made a post in the private part of the forum about how the guy made me uncomfortable and I was worried he would join here. I talked to a couple of mods about it. I was mistakenly under the impression that if he did join I would be safe. What actually happened was that about a week after my email account was deleted he joined TTA. I was initially lost in a swirl of terror and nausea. At the suggestion of a few friends, some here and some afk I made a police report about it and the officers were very nice to me. They told me since I deleted my email account where the most traumatizing harassment occurred that I probably would be denied a restraining order but they had a lot of good advice and they still stroll by my house often just to check on me. I appreciate it a lot. I'm not sure that I'm in that much danger, but I've been through so much in my life and I'm not interested in taking any risks.
Anyways, he joined here and I was told by more than one mod that basically the admins decided that since all this happened outside of the forum, then they weren't going to do anything. I spoke with several mods and admins from AF who told me they would at least try to get info to the mods and admins here so they'd know what the risk and dangers really were to other forum members. At first I was really upset and hurt that my value as a member of this forum and my safety as well as the safety of other members seemed to mean nothing to the admins. But I'm not a strong girl. I don't stand up for myself, I don't like to stir up controversy. I am very much the type of person who prefers to shut up and do what I'm told. So I put him on ignore. I made it to where only mods can email me, I had all my pictures removed, I made it where I didn't show up as online, and then I left. Occasionally I would check to make sure he wasn't online and I'd log in to check my PMs.
I made a mistake because of my own personal issues. That is why I'm talking now. I'm hoping maybe others can learn from my experiences and I am hoping maybe there can be a change in policy here so that all members can feel safer.
I am not saying don't ignore the annoying douche who PMs you every day about how wrong you were in this thread or that. I am saying if you are being harassed or threatened. Do not ignore that person. Document it. Report it. Keep records of everything. If nothing is done make it public. For your own safety and the safety of your fellow members. Hopefully soon we will see a change, but as of now safety and security of members takes a back burner to whoever takes so much damn pride in being the forum that doesn't ban people.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 6 users Like Losty's post
13-10-2014, 07:02 PM
(13-10-2014 06:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 06:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  TTT usually isn't violent or nasty. But I suppose he could be really mad about the last double ban.

True. Who was Andrew Davies a sock of?

I don't know, but I am sure someone here remembers.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-10-2014, 07:05 PM
(13-10-2014 07:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 06:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  True. Who was Andrew Davies a sock of?

I don't know, but I am sure someone here remembers.

Kavos, he said as much in a thread he posted.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-10-2014, 07:07 PM
I don't think who it is matters at all. Whoever it was they were not dangerous, except to the cohesion of the board, which was made really fucking obvious. Judging by the level of disruption and the shitposting in this thread he was extremely successful either way.

Trolling is a hobby whereby you jump into a discussion or community and stir it up for a laugh. This can either be clever and almost artistic, or it can be crude, offensive and destructive. Either way the goal is to cause a clusterfuck and then laugh at it. Whoever it is he is laughing at everyone who has lost their shit because he managed to break their skin.

However, in order to be as ridiculously successful as this one was it requires people to start playing up their victimhood and making a big deal out of it instead of just brushing it off.
As soon as a troll is confirmed as a troll: Stop Fucking Posting.
Also; get the fuck over it. Trolls will troll, it happens, don't lose your shit over it. All you've done is made yourself look like clueless, thin skinned, pathetic tumblrites and given him 10 times more of a laugh than he got before it was revealed he was a troll.

Troll identified?
1) Stay calm
2) Cease all communication with the troll
3) Block/Ignore
4) Report
5) Get on with your fucking life

No shit about triggers, being offended and victim blaming, just follow the steps. No deviation. Definitely don't start a flame war around it.

That is what I've learned from my experiences since 1996.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
[+] 2 users Like Cetaceaphile's post
13-10-2014, 07:09 PM
(13-10-2014 07:07 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I don't think who it is matters at all. Whoever it was they were not dangerous, except to the cohesion of the board, which was made really fucking obvious. Judging by the level of disruption and the shitposting in this thread he was extremely successful either way.

Trolling is a hobby whereby you jump into a discussion or community and stir it up for a laugh. This can either be clever and almost artistic, or it can be crude, offensive and destructive. Either way the goal is to cause a clusterfuck and then laugh at it. Whoever it is he is laughing at everyone who has lost their shit because he managed to break their skin.

However, in order to be as ridiculously successful as this one was it requires people to start playing up their victimhood and making a big deal out of it instead of just brushing it off.
As soon as a troll is confirmed as a troll: Stop Fucking Posting.
Also; get the fuck over it. Trolls will troll, it happens, don't lose your shit over it. All you've done is made yourself look like clueless, thin skinned, pathetic tumblrites and given him 10 times more of a laugh than he got before it was revealed he was a troll.

Troll identified?
1) Stay calm
2) Cease all communication with the troll
3) Block/Ignore
4) Report
5) Get on with your fucking life

That is what I've learned from my experiences since 1996.

Well good to see you have everything figured out. Why don;t you take your own advice and butt out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post