The link between female promiscuity and disloyalty

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2014, 09:55 AM
RE: The link between female promiscuity and disloyalty
(14-10-2014 03:45 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 03:34 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Good to follow procedure. Unfortunately he was reported, ft was made aware of that post. Temp ban was put on his account, and he has since been reinstated.

Without any info from the ft, I'm assuming this means he will continue to be a regular member.

Edit: could be his posts are still restricted though until admin approval of a ban.

Not the case. The restrictions were not removed from his account (unless you wanna split hairs in which case I removed his posting suspension, but only after moving him to a new user group which stops him contacting anyone other than the FT anyway so really it makes no difference).

The Admins will decide what to do with him from there.

He has had no ability to post since within an hour of when he made his threat to Nurse. He's had no ability to PM since about an hour after that (reason for the delay begin there is no simple way for us to block a person from sending PMs, hence my suggestion it's a hell of a lot easier to put the guy on Ignore, especially since the PMs he was sending people were in no way threatening and, from what I've seen, barely qualified for anything beyond gibberish).

Hughsie why do you curtail trolls instead of ban them? Do you have hope that they'll get better?
Cause math is math & they never really get better and end up banned later after tormenting forum members.

Im not trying to be nasty. I simply dont understand this course of action?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2014, 04:05 PM
(16-10-2014 09:55 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 03:45 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Not the case. The restrictions were not removed from his account (unless you wanna split hairs in which case I removed his posting suspension, but only after moving him to a new user group which stops him contacting anyone other than the FT anyway so really it makes no difference).

The Admins will decide what to do with him from there.

He has had no ability to post since within an hour of when he made his threat to Nurse. He's had no ability to PM since about an hour after that (reason for the delay begin there is no simple way for us to block a person from sending PMs, hence my suggestion it's a hell of a lot easier to put the guy on Ignore, especially since the PMs he was sending people were in no way threatening and, from what I've seen, barely qualified for anything beyond gibberish).

Hughsie why do you curtail trolls instead of ban them? Do you have hope that they'll get better?
Cause math is math & they never really get better and end up banned later after tormenting forum members.

He wasn't banned instantly because the only folks with banning ability are the admins. Both aurora and DL were not available at the time to give approval to ban. Instead of letting him have the run of the forum until they got approval to ban, they put on these restrictions. He is now banned though Thumbsup

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
16-10-2014, 04:22 PM
(16-10-2014 04:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(16-10-2014 09:55 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Hughsie why do you curtail trolls instead of ban them? Do you have hope that they'll get better?

He wasn't banned instantly because the only folks with banning ability are the admins. Both aurora and DL were not available at the time to give approval to ban. Instead of letting him have the run of the forum until they got approval to ban, they put on these restrictions. He is now banned though Thumbsup

Ahh. Super.
See? Sometimes we just need to understand how things work.
I didnt know hughsie didnt have ability to ban.
I just had the impression he didnt LIKE to ban.

Thanks so much!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
17-10-2014, 06:54 AM
(13-10-2014 03:21 PM)Forbes Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 03:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Creep factor engaged - this you Mattythesorryassclown?

I can be anyone you want, baby.

Cool, how about a suicide victim?Drinking Beverage

Holy fuck guys this asshole was nuuuuuuuuts, how did y'all let me miss this? I can't keep up some days lol

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post