The little cleaning bunnies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-09-2017, 09:10 AM
A short story I'm thinking of writing.

It's about this little warren of bunny rabbits that are the cleaning bunnies. Every night at 12 oclock Mr. and Mrs Bunny have to go out to do their job, that of cleaning the dirty houses/apartment etc.. of their neighbourhood. They let themselves magically in and wash up all the dishes and tidy up the living rooms and pick up all the clothes and put them in the clothes baskets and then they go back home to their little warren of baby bunny rabbits, to sleep.
Anyway I'm still thinking about it.
Maybe they'll go to Mrs Stuarts house one day to find that her partner Steve is no longer sleeping on the couch surrounded by beer bottles and she has a black eye, she must have had a bad fall. And then maybe later they might be cleaning the Hurleys house when Peter comes out of the bedroom to use the toilet and sees them and they all freeze, and when Peter tries to tell his wife about them in the morning she slaps his face and calls him a good for nothing so and so.

Don't Believe the Hype
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Walluin's post
03-09-2017, 09:36 AM
RE: The little cleaning bunnies
Do it!

You can self publish if no traditional publishing houses pick it up.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
03-09-2017, 09:40 AM
(03-09-2017 09:36 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Do it!

You can self publish if no traditional publishing houses pick it up.

I could use me some cleaning bunnies!

And it sounds like a wonderful cartoon, could be something like the Simpsons.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
03-09-2017, 09:48 AM
Hug

Heart

Hope you give it a go and are successful. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
03-09-2017, 10:28 AM
I LOVE it! Suggestion---please find a way to do something clever with the words "dust bunnies."

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
03-09-2017, 12:34 PM
Upon further thought I will have to introduce a protagonist into the tale,
Lets call him Alan, who is really messy and his girlfriend always picks up after him.
So the antagonist will obviously be her, lets call her July, and she always says,
"What do you think the magical little cleaning bunnies came in and did it"
And then he actually mets them somehow and the story ensues...
...kinda Roald Dahlish, Fantastic Mr Fox, BFG.
Maybe Mr. Bunny has weekly meetings with all the other house-wives (male and female) once a week to discuss the weekly cleaning schedule, and July is the one person that is not involved.
Idk ... need a story to evolve.

Don't Believe the Hype
[+] 1 user Likes Walluin's post
03-09-2017, 12:41 PM
(03-09-2017 12:34 PM)Walluin Wrote:  Upon further thought I will have to introduce a protagonist into the tale,
Lets call him Alan, who is really messy and his girlfriend always picks up after him.
So the antagonist will obviously be her, lets call her July, and she always says,
"What do you think the magical little cleaning bunnies came in and did it"
And then he actually mets them somehow and the story ensues...
...kinda Roald Dahlish, Fantastic Mr Fox, BFG.
Maybe Mr. Bunny has weekly meetings with all the other house-wives (male and female) once a week to discuss the weekly cleaning schedule, and July is the one person that is not involved.
Idk ... need a story to evolve.

It will be many stories - the stories of each of the places the bunnies visit. And that way it can go on and on and on, with new episodes.

And the bunnies know shit because they see it -and often wonder whether to interfere or not.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-09-2017, 01:06 PM
I think it would be funny if the bunnies are generally ignorant of the bad behavior of the people they clean for. They cheerily explain and excuse away why the people do what they do.
03-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Hearing you Dom, Please help with...
The bunnies could be distant relatives of the the Easter Bunnies, and might know the tooth fairies
But that wont come into it to much, should we make it a small village the bunnies visit to make it easier to relate?

Don't Believe the Hype
03-09-2017, 01:13 PM
They visit like 5 houses, there are other bunnies visiting other houses but we talk about our batch of bunnies. So we have 5 families. There needs to be love, money and crime to make it interesting. You could have Romeo and Juliet kind of situations, infidelity (going on between our 5 families), crime could be someone who steals and sells internationally acclaimed paintings or such...., with the story line being drama, and the details being comedy.