The love of Tabasco

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2011, 12:06 PM
The love of Tabasco
If this product was to ever be discontinued I think I would die. I drench my food in this like a water soaked sponge. I can't seem to get enough of hot food. Yeah I have reached that time in my age that TUMS just don't cut it anymore. I can't stop making myself suffer the fiery pain, it just is so enjoyable.

The Christians say I'm going to hell for being an atheist, this I guess is a good thing. I say wonderful, cause I just love the burning torture of my hot food Tongue

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Clint Barnett's post
22-12-2011, 03:47 PM
RE: The love of Tabasco
(22-12-2011 12:06 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  If this product was to ever be discontinued I think I would die. I drench my food in this like a water soaked sponge. I can't seem to get enough of hot food. Yeah I have reached that time in my age that TUMS just don't cut it anymore. I can't stop making myself suffer the fiery pain, it just is so enjoyable.

The Christians say I'm going to hell for being an atheist, this I guess is a good thing. I say wonderful, cause I just love the burning torture of my hot food Tongue

You might consider expanding your horizons. Smile

There are dozens and dozens of hot sauces. I'm currently using Dave's Hurtin' Habanero and Idiot Boyz (produced locally in Mass.).

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
22-12-2011, 07:15 PM
(22-12-2011 03:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(22-12-2011 12:06 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  If this product was to ever be discontinued I think I would die. I drench my food in this like a water soaked sponge. I can't seem to get enough of hot food. Yeah I have reached that time in my age that TUMS just don't cut it anymore. I can't stop making myself suffer the fiery pain, it just is so enjoyable.

There are dozens and dozens of hot sauces. I'm currently using Dave's Hurtin' Habanero and Idiot Boyz (produced locally in Mass.).

Yup, I love Tabasco but I don't find it hot at all. Hell, I'll take a shot of it just to try and cool down after some serious heat now that the hot sauce manufacturers have discovered StarkRaving's Ghost Peppers.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-12-2011, 07:18 PM
(22-12-2011 07:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-12-2011 03:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Yup, I love Tabasco but I don't find it hot at all. Hell, I'll take a shot of it just to try and cool down after some serious heat now that the hot sauce manufacturers have discovered StarkRaving's Ghost Peppers.

Great link, thanks.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
22-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Cholula is my love; it's not very hot (hot enough for me, I'm not insane about hot food) but tastes wonderful. I swear there's always more Cholula on my plate than food.

"Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."
- Christopher Hitchens
22-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Do I read this correctly? Do I have another willing victim to which I can send the famed Bhut Jolokia pepper?

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
22-12-2011, 07:54 PM
(22-12-2011 07:48 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Do I read this correctly? Do I have another willing victim to which I can send the famed Bhut Jolokia pepper?

What would happen if you laced it with weed instead of the PCP you usually use?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
22-12-2011, 08:20 PM
(22-12-2011 07:54 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(22-12-2011 07:48 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Do I read this correctly? Do I have another willing victim to which I can send the famed Bhut Jolokia pepper?

What would happen if you laced it with weed instead of the PCP you usually use?

I was gonna say that would be a waste of weed, but screw the weed. That would be a waste of a bhut jolokia!

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
22-12-2011, 08:22 PM
When I was living in Florida, I had my own hot pepper garden, lovingly named "Hells Pickle Patch" by my neighbors. Some there didn't like it ( my land lady for one ) but most of my neighbors were "hittin me up" for peppers all the time, which was cool since I had so many plants I could never eat them all. ( I loved growing them)

I really don't think of "Tabasco Sauce" as being very hot, but I do really like the flavor of it.

I generally just chop my peppers to bits in a "Cuisinart". ( I had to look at it for the spelling Tongue ) Then I mix the paste with white vinegar and boil it down, then repeat this step several times. Then I "Cuis" them again, and reduce them several more times to create one hot as Hell paste. I use this paste in almost everything I cook, even breakfast muffins! When my family has "Pot Luck Dinners" I am never allowed to bring a dish! I think it had something to do with some Habenero ice cream I made a couple of years ago. (Yes, I know the old cliche about eating peppers, then ice cream...next morning...)

I vaguely remember something about Stark Raving and his peppers. If they are now marketed, I'll have to see if I can get them online. When I get done posting this, I'm gonna look into it.

A guy from Geneseo,Illinois was telling me that he uses a food dehydrator to dry his peppers, then mortar and pestles them to make true shakable pepper. He gave me some samples last spring. If I can get some peppers to grow here where I'm currently living, I will try that. I found out that dehydrated green Habeneros are hotter than ripe Habeneros. I would also love to get some seeds from Stark Raving. Try growing them to make some REALLY hot pepper. I wonder how they'll work in ice cream...

Indecently, I was always partial to "Jamaican Hellfire: Doc's Special" but I haven't seen any of that for quite some time now. They only have the milder versions of JHF in the stores around here. I might have to Google that too...

PS..." Habeneros " throws a flag with the spell checker here. I don't know why, and it gives no alternate spellings.
I used the link in GirlyMan's post to see these Ghost Pepper products. I didn't know they were the ones who make "Da Bomb". I currently have a bottle of that in my fridge. I love that stuff, but the flavor doesn't work well in ice cream. Big Grin It kicks ASS on chicken though...

I'll be giving some of the others a try after the holidays, when my card recovers...
I love trying new hot sauces, & out here in "Farmville" there are few places to buy really hot sauces. I guess old farmers don't eat them much.

( and no, that is not a slur against farmers. It's just a simple fact that where I am currently living, it's mostly farmland here - straight up fact! Great people, but not very adventurous. And WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to many churches...Confused)

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
22-12-2011, 08:47 PM
This is a pretty fun thread to read with a bag of Tostito's Hint of Lime Chips in one hand and a bottle of Yucatan Sunshine Habenero Sauce in the other.

[Image: drooling_homer.gif]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post