The military and spirituality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2015, 04:32 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2015 04:39 AM by MrKrispy601.)
The military and spirituality
So I've posted about the chaplains some time ago and I think it really needs an overhaul. For those that don't know about the military in regards to religion it's a weird like they walk. While they don't push it where I'm at as much I've heard news to the contrary from different people of different services. But this post isn't so much about the chaplains it's just a sidebar.

My problem is with some of the training we are required to take across the board in the U.S. Air Force. It's called resiliency training geared toward helping four important parts of every members life: mental, physical, social, and....spiritual

So each block of this training is an hour long and it is mandatory. If you miss this training then you are subject to an article and punishment. During the spiritual part of this training they do mention non believers(they won't say atheist/agnostic) but they push that everyone has a spiritual side. Completely ignoring that this has not been proven as true in the slightest. Scientifically it's completely inaccurate. How is this even possible that they can teach this shit? And spending an hour on it in a mandatory training. Freedom my ass!

Ya know I've never regretted a decision I've made before I usually just roll with the punches. But the military starting to make me cross that line.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2015, 04:33 AM
RE: The military and spirituality
There was a lot more to this post but for some reason it didn't post it all. Sorry will post the rest in a minute
18-11-2015, 04:39 AM
Fixed!
18-11-2015, 06:36 AM
You are talking about America, right?

This is a worldwide forum.

Many Aussies are atheists and are in our military. We are not like Rome and it's empire that needed an alter to the gods to win a war.

Your thread is US based and has nothing to do with the world at large. Kindly remember this when starting threads.

I have zero interest in your military's idiotic religious aims and beliefs. Yet I opened this thread. Please consider the earth is NOT America.

Thanks. Dale.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
18-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Do all thread need some tag to denote nationality? That isn't something anyone here normally does, anyway. While it might have been nice to mention that in the OP, you're going to have to "open the thread" to figure that out, anyway.

Most threads in this board don't affect me, directly. I read them to figure that out.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
18-11-2015, 11:19 AM
I would of put spirituality under "mentality". Interesting that it has its own lesson dedicated to it.

If you go to avoid the punishment Krispy (if you havent already) I would be interested to hear what exactly it is that they discuss and "teach".

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
19-11-2015, 02:57 PM
(18-11-2015 11:19 AM)bemore Wrote:  I would of put spirituality under "mentality". Interesting that it has its own lesson dedicated to it.

If you go to avoid the punishment Krispy (if you havent already) I would be interested to hear what exactly it is that they discuss and "teach".
Or perhaps emotional or ethical instead of spiritual.

What did they talk about in the spiritual topic?
19-11-2015, 10:46 PM
(18-11-2015 06:36 AM)Banjo Wrote:  You are talking about America, right?

Many Aussies are atheists and are in our military. We are not like Rome and it's empire that needed an alter to the gods to win a war.

Your thread is US based and has nothing to do with the world at large. Kindly remember this when starting threads.

I have zero interest in your military's idiotic religious aims and beliefs. Yet I opened this thread. Please consider the earth is NOT America.

Thanks. Dale.

Banjo, I joined this forum just to respond to your post.

I'm in the US military, and I'm an atheist. It isn't so easy all the time for us.

Anyway, this is a public forum, and people can, within reason, write whatever the hell they want on it. The OP wrote about something that upsets him, and you took offense because you wasted 10 seconds of your valuable time reading what he wrote? Get over yourself. The earth is not America, true. The earth is not Australia either.

I sought out a forum like this today because for a lot of us, we're the minority, ashamed of coming out to our relatives like we're second-class citizens. A lot of us who have voiced our beliefs are then shunned.

I went to church until my parents stopped making me, and for a good portion of my youth, I viewed atheists, and even people who didn't go to church EVERY WEEK, as lesser people. I get how irrational bias and hatred fits in in that former world of mine, but I find it odd that in the FIRST thread I read on here, I find it here too.

You're a douche, or whatever they call douches in Australia.
20-11-2015, 12:10 AM
(19-11-2015 10:46 PM)FSF31 Wrote:  

Thanks. Dale.

I'm in the US military, and I'm an atheist. It isn't so easy all the time for us.

Anyway, this is a public forum, and people can, within reason, write whatever the hell they want on it. The OP wrote about something that upsets him, and you took offense because you wasted 10 seconds of your valuable time reading what he wrote? Get over yourself. The earth is not America, true. The earth is not Australia either.

I sought out a forum like this today because for a lot of us, we're the minority, ashamed of coming out to our relatives like we're second-class citizens. A lot of us who have voiced our beliefs are then shunned.

I went to church until my parents stopped making me, and for a good portion of my youth, I viewed atheists, and even people who didn't go to church EVERY WEEK, as lesser people. I get how irrational bias and hatred fits in in that former world of mine, but I find it odd that in the FIRST thread I read on here, I find it here too.

Welcome to our community. It's got to be difficult for those atheists serving in the US military. Not all people realize the issues in a country that is supposed to offer freedom of religion face.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-11-2015, 12:21 AM
(19-11-2015 10:46 PM)FSF31 Wrote:  

Thanks. Dale.

I respect your post. And support your being an atheist.

I learned only today that there are 322 million Americans. No wonder so many are on the net. We have but 20 million. So the net is very US centric.

If I were to begin a thread concerning the Australian army such as this I would mention it. Such as Spirituality in the Australian armed forces.

You can call me whatever. I do not mind. You also don't know me. Others here know that I am often (24/7) heavily drugged and take me with a grain of salt.

Asking a poster to be more specific is in my view acceptable. In yours, not.

Oh and in Australia we just call people fuckwits.

And also, don't take the internet personally. It is NOT about you either.

Good luck. Stay safe. Dale.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post