The missing ingredient is ... probability

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2014, 12:28 PM
The missing ingredient is ... probability
(26-02-2014 12:13 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 11:58 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/0...cleotides/
Not peer reviewed.

Citations: Synthesis of activated pyrimidine ribonucleotides in prebiotically plausible conditions Matthew W. Powner, Beatrice Gerland & John D. Sutherland. Nature, Vol. 460, May 13, 2009.

“Systems chemistry on early Earth.” By Jack W. Szostak. Nature, Vol. 460, May 13, 2009.

Quote:http://www.nature.com/nchem/journal/v3/n....1086.html
Starts with RNA.

Quote:http://m.sciencemag.org/content/323/5918...c333fe7f95
Doesn't mention origin of life.

Quote:http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...173205.htm
Not peer reviewed.[/quote]

Journal Reference:
Lincoln et al. Self-Sustained Replication of an RNA Enzyme. Science, Jan 8, 2009; DOI: 10.1126/science.1167856

Quote:http://m.livescience.com/3214-life-created-lab.html
Not peer reviewed, no claim that it could have formed naturally. [/quote]

Remember, when scientists create something, it's an instance of intelligent design.
[/quote]

You apparently do not understand what "peer reviewed" means.

The above links are articles based on peer-reviewed research.

What's remarkable about this is that you've demanded evidence for Abiogenesis, have been provided evidence repeatedly, and reject it in favor of AiG articles as "Doesn't literally read 'proven origin of life'".

As yet, you have provided zero supporting evidence for your claims: The definition of special pleading.

Congrats! You've earned two badges!

[Image: ara6evy3.jpg]

[Image: suhy3uqe.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
26-02-2014, 12:37 PM
RE: The missing ingredient is ... probability
Do you guys understand the difference between a peer-reviewed study, and a popular media article about a peer-reviewed study?
26-02-2014, 12:42 PM
(26-02-2014 12:37 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Do you guys understand the difference between a peer-reviewed study, and a popular media article about a peer-reviewed study?

Do you realise the popular article links to the peer reviewed study? Dur-her.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-02-2014, 12:46 PM
(26-02-2014 12:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 12:37 PM)alpha male Wrote:  Do you guys understand the difference between a peer-reviewed study, and a popular media article about a peer-reviewed study?

Do you realise the popular article links to the peer reviewed study? Dur-her.
Do you realize I did respond to the peer-reviewed study above, noting that it begins with RNA and so doesn't explain abiogenesis?
26-02-2014, 12:51 PM
(26-02-2014 12:46 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 12:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Do you realise the popular article links to the peer reviewed study? Dur-her.
Do you realize I did respond to the peer-reviewed study above, noting that it begins with RNA and so doesn't explain abiogenesis?

This is a you problem, you want a peer reviewed study that gives you an intro into organic chemistry. Go to your local CC and take a course on it it will take more than 1 study to explain it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
26-02-2014, 12:58 PM
(26-02-2014 12:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is a you problem, you want a peer reviewed study that gives you an intro into organic chemistry.
No, I want peer-reviewed evidence of abiogenesis. A study which starts with RNA is ridiculous to present as such.
26-02-2014, 01:03 PM
(26-02-2014 12:58 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 12:51 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  This is a you problem, you want a peer reviewed study that gives you an intro into organic chemistry.
No, I want peer-reviewed evidence of abiogenesis. A study which starts with RNA is ridiculous to present as such.

Take an intro to Organic Chemistry class at your local Community College. What you want will never be in a study as it is too broad a subject. Of course had you not cut out the second line of my quote you'd see I already said this. Thus once again proving you never want to actually test your beliefs you just want to dismiss anything that threatens them with hand waving.

26-02-2014, 01:07 PM
(26-02-2014 01:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Take an intro to Organic Chemistry class at your local Community College. What you want will never be in a study as it is too broad a subject.
It doesn't have to be in a single study. I would think that if abiogenesis had been proven, there would be a site with all the steps and references laid out. It is one of the biggest questions of all time, you know.
26-02-2014, 01:09 PM
(26-02-2014 01:07 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(26-02-2014 01:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Take an intro to Organic Chemistry class at your local Community College. What you want will never be in a study as it is too broad a subject.
It doesn't have to be in a single study. I would think that if abiogenesis had been proven, there would be a site with all the steps and references laid out. It is one of the biggest questions of all time, you know.

It hasn't been proven. It is suggested and seems plausible. The steps all seem to work but as of yet there is not a smoking gun. It is however infinitely more likely than the biblical explanation.

26-02-2014, 01:20 PM
(26-02-2014 01:09 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It hasn't been proven.
That's the most honest statement on abiogenesis you guys have made so far.
Quote:It is suggested and seems plausible.
What do you mean by "it"? You act as if there's one accepted scenario which is just lacking in proof. That's not the case. There are multiple suggestions.