The modern god that exists even to Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2016, 02:50 AM
The modern god that exists even to Atheists
[Sorry for the delay, my neighbourhood (as many other ones in my city Aleppo) was under heavy attacks after my last post (at the next early morning). Two heavy mortars missed my small apartment (on the roof) by a few meters and went down on the nearby street. The big damages were therefore in the stores (fortunately they weren’t open yet) and the low floors (hence mine wasn’t that big). Today is rather calm after the airplanes cleaned up (burned) the fronts from which the multi-national mercenaries launched thousands of mortars/missiles over the remaining citizens in the industrial city to force them flee.]

Let us be back to the subject of this thread Wink

Obviously, the most important word in its title is the word ‘god’.
So let us agree first how this word, at least in general, could be defined or understood:

[1] A god is not supposed being seen or heard by the ordinary/common people (like most members here and I Wink )

[2] A god has a set of rules that his believers should obey while believing blindly the stories supporting them.

[3] A god has representatives on earth who are given the right to apply god’s justice on the human race, not on his believers only.

I had to write this introduction because, as we will see, the image of the modern god also satisfies the above 3 main points Wink

But, as long I am concerned, please feel ‘free’ to express ‘any’ instructive comment about the 'word' god (not god or God). As you all know, ‘ALL’ sane mature people in the world talk about this word, in a way or another.

Thank you.

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2016, 03:07 AM
RE: The modern god that exists even to Atheists
(13-07-2016 02:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  [Sorry for the delay, my neighbourhood (as many other ones in my city Aleppo) was under heavy attacks after my last post (at the next early morning). Two heavy mortars missed my small apartment (on the roof) by a few meters and went down on the nearby street. The big damages were therefore in the stores (fortunately they weren’t open yet) and the low floors (hence mine wasn’t that big). Today is rather calm after the airplanes cleaned up (burned) the fronts from which the multi-national mercenaries launched thousands of mortars/missiles over the remaining citizens in the industrial city to force them flee.]

So let us agree first how this word, at least in general, could be defined or understood:

[1] A god is not supposed being seen or heard by the ordinary/common people (like most members here and I Wink )

[2] A god has a set of rules that his believers should obey while believing blindly the stories supporting them.

[3] A god has representatives on earth who are given the right to apply god’s justice on the human race, not on his believers only.

I had to write this introduction because, as we will see, the image of the modern god also satisfies the above 3 main points Wink

But, as long I am concerned, please feel ‘free’ to express ‘any’ instructive comment about the 'word' god (not god or God). As you all know, ‘ALL’ sane mature people in the world talk about this word, in a way or another.

Thank you.

... If this is not the supernatural entity that most people think of when you use the word 'God', please rather refer to it by another word, such as "myVeryOwnDefinitionOfGod". That way we won't be distracted by conflation of your specific definition and the wider definition in general use.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
13-07-2016, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2016 06:56 AM by Vosur.)
To my knowledge, virtually every god in human history possessed at least one supernatural power. If you omit that quality from your definition, you end up with a word that could be used to describe various seclusive cult leaders around the world as 'gods'.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 8 users Like Vosur's post
13-07-2016, 03:37 AM
(13-07-2016 02:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  [Sorry for the delay, my neighbourhood (as many other ones in my city Aleppo) was under heavy attacks after my last post (at the next early morning). Two heavy mortars missed my small apartment (on the roof) by a few meters and went down on the nearby street. The big damages were therefore in the stores (fortunately they weren’t open yet) and the low floors (hence mine wasn’t that big). Today is rather calm after the airplanes cleaned up (burned) the fronts from which the multi-national mercenaries launched thousands of mortars/missiles over the remaining citizens in the industrial city to force them flee.]

Thank you.

To which god do you refer, Janus perhaps?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
13-07-2016, 05:06 AM
As mentioned above already, the word 'supernatural' needs to be inserted into point [1].

And that would be all you need for a non-intervening deity.

An intervening deity needs points [2] and [3] also assuming it is currently supported by one or more believer. I have no doubt that there are many long-forgotten interventionist deities who have no living supporters and whose words (texts) are long lost.

Even after all that, we're still only taking about the concept of a god (or gods / goddesses) as, I think, you recognise:

(13-07-2016 02:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  ...
the image of the modern god also satisfies the above 3 main points Wink
the 'word' god ( not [an actual] god or God).

Thank you for the information about what is going on in Aleppo. It's great to read a first-hand experience. Sorry you are having to live through it.

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
13-07-2016, 05:43 AM
[1] An imaginary god is not supposed being seen or heard by the ordinary/common people (like most members here and I Wink )

[2] An imaginary god has a set of rules that his believers should obey while believing blindly the stories supporting them.

[3] An imaginary god has representatives on earth who are given the right to apply this imaginary god’s justice on the human race, not on his believers only.

If your definition of god matches the same definition of an imaginary god, then the god you have defined is imaginary. As in, not real.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
13-07-2016, 05:43 AM
(13-07-2016 02:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Obviously, the most important word in its title is the word ‘god’.

Since this god cannot be seen or heard, how does it communicate its rules?
Are there 'special' people who can hear or see this god?
Why should we believe these 'special' people?
There is no evidence that they can do what they claim.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
13-07-2016, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2016 11:07 AM by Rahn127.)
Group A hears and sees god.
They write down the rules he has set forth.
They apply justice according to these rules.

Group B hears and sees god.
These rules are different than group A

Group C hears and sees god.
These rules are different than group A and B

The god you have defined is a god created by groups of people who want to set rules of conduct for their people. They use the imaginary god figure because it cannot be assassinated.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
13-07-2016, 06:06 AM
At work.

Only have time to post wishing you all the best KerimF!

Hug
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
13-07-2016, 06:07 AM
(13-07-2016 05:57 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Group A hears and sees god.
They wright down the rules he has set forth.

Group B hears and sees god.
These rules are different than group A

Group C hears and sees god.
These rules are different than group A and B

The god you have defined is a god created by groups of people who want to set rules of conduct for their people. They use the imaginary god figure because it cannot be assassinated.

You forgot Group D that sees a chipmunk.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 7 users Like Banjo's post