No! SQUIRREL!

Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Peebothuhul's post
13-07-2016, 06:15 AM
RE: The modern god that exists even to Atheists
(13-07-2016 06:07 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 05:57 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Group A hears and sees god.
They wright down the rules he has set forth.
They apply justice according to these rules.

Group B hears and sees god.
These rules are different than group A

Group C hears and sees god.
These rules are different than group A and B

The god you have defined is a god created by groups of people who want to set rules of conduct for their people. They use the imaginary god figure because it cannot be assassinated.

You forgot Group D that sees a chipmunk.
[Image: dc88cf1d5c8c263714cd6f477c1dc482.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 12 users Like TheInquisition's post
13-07-2016, 06:21 AM
If your god cant see fit to save you from shit like that, he's not a very good security guard, I'd say instead of thinking he exists, maybe the reason humans murder each other needlessly is because they don't want to face the fact our species is finite, so we invent super heros as a reflection of our desire to continue.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
13-07-2016, 06:25 AM
(13-07-2016 02:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Obviously, the most important word in its title is the word ‘god’.
So let us agree first how this word, at least in general, could be defined or understood:

[1] A god is not supposed being seen or heard by the ordinary/common people (like most members here and I Wink )

Then what is it, Pachomius ? You've told us what it is not, .... not what it is.

Quote:[2] A god has a set of rules that his believers should obey while believing blindly the stories supporting them.

Maybe yours does, but you still have not told us what a "gawd' is".

Quote:[3] A god has representatives on earth who are given the right to apply god’s justice on the human race, not on his believers only.

According to whom ? Them ? Of course THEY claim to be. The nut locked in the psych ward claiming to be Napoleon has as much evidence as they do.

Quote:I had to write this introduction because, as we will see, the image of the modern god also satisfies the above 3 main points Wink

So far, we ''see" nothing, and so far you have demonstrated nothing.

Quote:But, as long I am concerned, please feel ‘free’ to express ‘any’ instructive comment about the 'word' god (not god or God). As you all know, ‘ALL’ sane mature people in the world talk about this word, in a way or another.

Define "sane" and define "mature". There is no coherent definition of the word "god".

Quote:Thank you.

Any time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-07-2016, 06:45 AM
(13-07-2016 06:15 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  [Image: dc88cf1d5c8c263714cd6f477c1dc482.jpg]

[Image: Bacchus-Ceres-and-Cupid.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
13-07-2016, 06:54 AM
(13-07-2016 06:07 AM)Banjo Wrote:  You forgot Group D that sees a chipmunk.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
13-07-2016, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2016 07:53 AM by Bucky Ball.)
In case you hadn't heard,
the Fullerene was elected Rodent Pope by the College of Chipmunks.
Bow, and kiss my peanut ring.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
13-07-2016, 08:54 AM

The god you have defined is a god created by groups of people who want to set rules of conduct for their people. They use the imaginary god figure because it cannot be assassinated.

Group A, B and C need medication.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-07-2016, 11:10 AM
(13-07-2016 08:54 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  

Group A, B and C need medication.

Probably from all that wrighting (writing) they are doing.
I didn't catch it when I first typed it out.
Silly me

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
13-07-2016, 11:57 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2016 11:53 AM by Commonsensei.)
(13-07-2016 02:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  [Sorry for the delay, my neighbourhood (as many other ones in my city Aleppo) was under heavy attacks after my last post (at the next early morning). Two heavy mortars missed my small apartment (on the roof) by a few meters and went down on the nearby street. The big damages were therefore in the stores (fortunately they weren’t open yet) and the low floors (hence mine wasn’t that big). Today is rather calm after the airplanes cleaned up (burned) the fronts from which the multi-national mercenaries launched thousands of mortars/missiles over the remaining citizens in the industrial city to force them flee.]

Well glad to hear you're ok. I'm sure a great deal of people can't say the same. Where are you staying now?

(13-07-2016 02:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Let us be back to the subject of this thread Wink

Ok let's.

(13-07-2016 02:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  Obviously, the most important word in its title is the word ‘god’.
So let us agree first how this word, at least in general, could be defined or understood:

[1] A god is not supposed being seen or heard by the ordinary/common people (like most members here and I Wink )

[2] A god has a set of rules that his believers should obey while believing blindly the stories supporting them.

[3] A god has representatives on earth who are given the right to apply god’s justice on the human race, not on his believers only.

I had to write this introduction because, as we will see, the image of the modern god also satisfies the above 3 main points Wink

Ehh. This still doesn't tell us what a god is. Or if one would exist. This could be applied to just about anything. But it also wouldn't apply to a deist perspective as a god that doesn't interact with the world and more as the great watch maker wound up the universe and let it go.

And [1] would cancel out [3] if this being couldn't be seen or heard (a) how would you tell it was their (b) a "representative" or a person claiming to be a representative would be presented with the same draw backs as everyone else. especialy if [1] was true.

(13-07-2016 02:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  But, as long I am concerned, please feel ‘free’ to express ‘any’ instructive comment about the 'word' god (not god or God).

Talking about the word god. Is rather frivolous. It's more interesting and thought provoking to talk about the images and thoughts that adhere to it.

If you're more intrested in how the 'word' god came into being heres the wikipedia page on it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_(word)

(13-07-2016 02:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  As you all know, ‘ALL’ sane mature people in the world talk about this word, in a way or another.

People don't really talk about the word god as I said it's kind of pointless. It be like saying americans talk about the word hamburger because they eat them all the time. People don't talk about the word hamburger they talk about the object it's attached to. On how it's made, how good it tastes or how bad it is for you.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post