The modern god that exists even to Atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2016, 12:00 PM
RE: The modern god that exists even to Atheists
(13-07-2016 06:07 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 05:57 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Group A hears and sees god.
They wright down the rules he has set forth.
They apply justice according to these rules.

Group B hears and sees god.
These rules are different than group A

Group C hears and sees god.
These rules are different than group A and B

The god you have defined is a god created by groups of people who want to set rules of conduct for their people. They use the imaginary god figure because it cannot be assassinated.

You forgot Group D that sees a chipmunk.

Close it's a mouse. The Gadget Hackwrench Cult
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ough-cults

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
13-07-2016, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2016 12:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(13-07-2016 02:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  [1] A god is not supposed being seen or heard by the ordinary/common people (like most members here and I Wink )

I AM and can be seen and heard.

(13-07-2016 02:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  [2] A god has a set of rules that his believers should obey while believing blindly the stories supporting them.

The only commandment is SLACK.

(13-07-2016 02:50 AM)KerimF Wrote:  [3] A god has representatives on earth who are given the right to apply god’s justice on the human race, not on his believers only.

The prophet's name is Bob. .... and JohnnyC.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-07-2016, 12:11 PM
(13-07-2016 06:10 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  No! SQUIRREL!

Tongue

Heretic!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
13-07-2016, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2016 12:37 PM by KerimF.)
Thank you all for your interesting comments.

Before I go on, I hope we see each other here as friends... not as the ancient gladiators who had to fight each other to entertain some Roman spectators (including their great Caesar of course Wink ).

Let us recall the first point: "A god is not supposed being seen or heard".

Here, I meant by the 'modern god' a certain modern entity that was given (by some powerful/rich men, as usual) a special name with a certain 'will' and 'justice' as well. And since it is supposed being universal, its name is heard by almost all people in the world and be repeated as often as necessary, even daily (on TV and internet).

[ a mortar found its way over the street behind my apartment; fortunately it was empty. 8:28 PM Aleppo time ]

Perhaps I am not well informed because I personally has no idea how this modern god looks like and where I could find it. But almost all political analysts around the world refer to it as if it does exist since many decades in the least.

I think most of you already guessed its famous name...
"The International Society"... Tataaaa... Big Grin

I wonder if someone here doesn't believe in the existence of "The International Society". So I take the opportunity to hear from you how I can find it too, because to me in the least it looks as a man-made super-society which is, practically speaking, equivalent to a man-made supernatural being Wink

Almost all people in the world (of any belief, including Atheists of course) are proud for following 'freely' whatever "The International Society" urges the world to do in every period of time. And its will is always justified by well prepared audio/video tapes/stories about every important event (international or local).

Finally and as in point 3, there are various kinds of people who were/are given the right to address the world's masses in its name... in the name of the 'modern god' Big Grin

Please be calm... and remember that my words will not change anything in the world... including all of you... right? Wink

Kerim

[ More to come Tongue ]

Facts that don't need evidences:
Sheep for milk live in peace because it is the will of their rich owners.
Dogs obeying rich masters deserve much better food and shelters than free dogs do.
Whoever has ears will hear.
13-07-2016, 12:37 PM
(13-07-2016 12:22 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Thank you all for your interesting comments.

Before I go on, I hope we see each other here as friends... not as the ancient gladiators who had to fight each other to entertain some Roman spectators (including their great Caesar of course Wink ).

Here, I meant by the 'modern god' a certain modern entity that was given (by some powerful/rich men, as usual) a special name with a certain 'will' and 'justice' as well. And since it is supposed being universal, its name is heard by almost all people in the world and be repeated as often as necessary, even daily (on TV and internet).

[ a mortar found its way over the street behind my apartment; fortunately it was empty. 8:28 PM Aleppo time ]

Perhaps I am not well informed because I personally has no idea how this modern god looks like and where I could find it. But almost all political analysts around the world refer to it as if it does exist since many decades in the least.

I wonder if someone here doesn't believe in the existence of "The International Society". So I take the opportunity to hear from you how I can find it too, because to me in the least it looks as a man-made super-society which is, practically speaking, equivalent to a supernatural being Wink

Almost all people in the world (of any belief, including Atheists of course) are proud for following 'freely' whatever "The International Society" urges the world to do in every period of time. And its will is always justified by well prepared audio/video tapes/stories about every important event (international or local).

Finally and as in point 3, there are various kinds of people who were/are given the right to address the world's masses in its name... in the name of the 'modern god' Big Grin

Please be calm... and remember that my words will not change anything in the world... including all of you... right? Wink

Kerim

[ More to come Tongue ]

It lives in Las Vegas.
I saw it on the Kardashians once. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-07-2016, 12:59 PM
(13-07-2016 12:22 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Thank you all for your interesting comments.

I wonder if someone here doesn't believe in the existence of "The International Society". So I take the opportunity to hear from you how I can find it too, because to me in the least it looks as a man-made super-society which is, practically speaking, equivalent to a man-made supernatural being Wink

Kerim

[ More to come Tongue ]

... So we're playing guessing games. Is it:
  • money
  • political power
  • democracy
  • something else?

Look, it's not unheard of that sometimes this stuff resembles religion... why are you dancing around and not just stating what you're talking about? Also, please don't get blown up. It'll ruin the conversation.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
13-07-2016, 01:13 PM
So are you saying the modern god evolved from the old god? I'm asking because you refer to it as modern god. So that would mean that god is not the same and is ways changing according to what we as a society deem appropriate? If so that would mean that god is made up? Of not please come right out and say what you mean .
[+] 1 user Likes purpledaisies's post
13-07-2016, 05:59 PM
(13-07-2016 12:59 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Kerim

[ More to come Tongue ]

... So we're playing guessing games. Is it:
  • money
  • political power
  • democracy
  • something else?

Look, it's not unheard of that sometimes this stuff resembles religion... why are you dancing around and not just stating what you're talking about? Also, please don't get blown up. It'll ruin the conversation.

Kerim thinks he's being smart and trapping people with gotcha questions. Evidently, no one can hold the idea of, say, democracy, as something great ideologically that in practice doesn't always work so well. People in the real world might feel things aren't working as well in practice, how do we make it better? Kerim doesn't even make it to the question of how ideas might work in real life. He's too busy trying to socratically lead you to god might be, I must be His acolyte. Pointless!
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
13-07-2016, 07:18 PM
(13-07-2016 12:22 PM)KerimF Wrote:  Before I go on, I hope we see each other here as friends... not as the ancient gladiators who had to fight each other to entertain some Roman spectators (including their great Caesar of course Wink ).
Kerim

This is slightly off topic, but I'd like to know why you think Iulius Caesar was great? He destroyed the Republic through civil war and made himself dictator. The Romans had always been terrified of kings from Tarquin on. After Caesar they had endless royal families and civil wars.

I'd personally prefer to think that Cincinnatus, was a great Roman.

As I said I am simply curious. I see no point in discussing this strange idea of your concept of a god.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
14-07-2016, 12:08 AM
(13-07-2016 05:59 PM)julep Wrote:  I must be His acolyte. Pointless!

Hello Pointless Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post