The most amount of pain you have felt.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2013, 05:54 PM
The most amount of pain you have felt.
This last week has been a grim reminder to me about pain. I had a molar extracted on Christmas eve which then turned into a dry socket.

The toothache that I had was nothing compared to the last couple of days. It wasn't a constant pain as I was treating it myself very carefully however when it did come it was something to "behold". I imagine because it is the nerves in my jaw that made it so painful but it felt like pure burning fire throbbing in lines from my jaw to my ear canal and skull. Everything from my personal medicine cabinet was thrown at it and hardly anything touched it other than Solpadol and paracetamol

It is the second most painful time of my life as the first time was when I was about 9-10. I was involved in a fight at school with another lad and he won by kicking me straight in the balls (fair play) The pain at the time was shattering, however when I woke up the next morning my right testicle was throbbing. Over the next few days my testicle slowly swelled up and became so painful that in the end I had to tell my parents. A doctors visit sent me on the way to hospital where I was told I had a twisted testicle and that to treat it they needed to slice me open and untwist it. The pain then was horrendous to the point me breathing would change the pain. I was glad to get to hospital lol.

So what is the most amount of pain people have felt in their lifes which they wanna share?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
30-12-2013, 06:03 PM
RE: The most amount of pain you have felt.
Waking up after my double mastectomy was absolutely horrifying. I expected pain, but not at that level. And I didn't expect the surgeon to not believe in the use of pain meds. Oddly, I expected my chest to hurt but it felt like someone had hit me in both shoulder blades with a sledge hammer. I have endured a lot of pain before from an unplanned natural childbirth to kidney stones...this was pain at a whole other level. It was months before it was finally determined that I had suffered severe nerve damage...which doesn't respond to pain meds like other pain does.

I did finally get the hospital to call the plastic surgeon to override the oncology surgeon and get some pain meds, it really didn't do much but it was better than the nothing I was getting.

Even with an extremely high pain tolerance, that was pain that was unbearable. I really wished I had died in surgery.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
30-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Probably my first treatment of laser hair removal on my neck (I had a huge ingrown hair problem.) It was like being poked 100 times with one of those car cigarette lighters. Midway through the treatment I was shaking with adrenaline, and squeezing the shiz out of the stress things they gave me to hold onto.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
30-12-2013, 06:05 PM
When I was 40 weeks pregnant with my oldest daughter my doctor insisted that 5'9" 180lbs was way too fat to have a normal labor. I convinced him to allow me to try avoiding c-section by allowing him to induce on the day before my due date. (I was only 19 and a first time mom so I didn't realize I could just tell him to shove off, and I took his word whenhe said I was too fat).
Anyways, my cervix was tightly closed I was not dilated or effaced at all even after all the mess they gave me to encourage this. My doctor decided to break my water anyways. That was the most horrible excrutiating pain of my life. I was terrified to have my water broken with my son after that until I found out it only hurts if your cervix has to be forced open to do it. Yea that hurt worse than any labor pains. It hurt worse than acl surgery. It hurt worse than anything else I will never forget that I was screaming and had to be held down while he did it.

I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
Nathaniel Hawthorne
30-12-2013, 06:07 PM
Pain is completely subjective.

My husband wouid argue his kidney stone. I would argue differently.

Hope you're feeling better soon Bemore. Hug

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
30-12-2013, 06:08 PM
(30-12-2013 06:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Waking up after my double mastectomy was absolutely horrifying. I expected pain, but not at that level. And I didn't expect the surgeon to not believe in the use of pain meds. Oddly, I expected my chest to hurt but it felt like someone had hit me in both shoulder blades with a sledge hammer. I have endured a lot of pain before from an unplanned natural childbirth to kidney stones...this was pain at a whole other level. It was months before it was finally determined that I had suffered severe nerve damage...which doesn't respond to pain meds like other pain does.

I did finally get the hospital to call the plastic surgeon to override the oncology surgeon and get some pain meds, it really didn't do much but it was better than the nothing I was getting.

Even with an extremely high pain tolerance, that was pain that was unbearable. I really wished I had died in surgery.

Mine doesn't compare to this. I don't even want to think about this. My I remember being there with my aunt after hers. She said her shoulder blades hurt too. I thought she was just confused because there was so muh pain she couldn't place it or something.
30-12-2013, 06:09 PM
I've had a circumcision at age 9. Peeing has never been so painful.
I've had my wisdom teeth removed, but because i have a small mouth and big teeth, the (bottom) wisdom teeth were under the jaw bone, they had to cut part of the jawbone to get to the teeth.
I think those are it.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
30-12-2013, 06:31 PM
When I did this to my hand!

[Image: IMG_20131030_190722_zps23786de6.jpg]

That was a couple days after the surgery to repair it.
Believe me you don't want to see the before picture!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
30-12-2013, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2013 06:34 PM by Slowminded.)
I had an operation, an Ilizarov apparatus was placed on my leg

I have to put the pic in the spoilers, some people find it scary, so consider yourself warned , I had it on my thigh
[Image: 28cikh4.jpg]

Story goes like this...

They bring me back from operation to my room, and the anesthesia still works, I don't feel any significant pain, so, the dumb bastard that I am I refuse to take the painkillers they offered me.

It was already late in the evening, buy the time the anesthesia stopped working it was already night time.

And fucking almighty , when that motherfucking leg started to hurt...irritated from the operation muscles on my thigh started twitching every second or two, and every twitch the needles ripped my skin and muscles , one of the scars is 6'' long.

I was in shock, before that I couldn't imagine anything can be that painful. I am not sure, but I think that I fainted few times and was awoken buy the next twitch.
I puled some hair off my had and chipped a tooth.

It took about an hour or so before I got the hold of the nurse and she gave me injection and it started to work.
If that lasted much longer...Hobo

Funny story ( for the superstitious )

Complications that led to operation were initiated when I broke my leg at age 13.
I was admitted at the hospital on November 13th. , after 13 days in the hospital I had my operation. Released from the hospital on January 13th.
The procedure left 13 scars on my leg , and the Ilizarov was finally taken off my leg on May 13th which is also my birthday.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
30-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Jesus. I had some gall bladder pain before having it removed. All it did was keep me up all night sweating.

I broke a finger once. Never had more than 5 stitches at a time. Never crashed a car (not much, that is).

I have one ankle that gets sprained too easily.

When I made Petty Officer 3rd Class (Navy) the ritual (hazing) was to "tack the crow on" by punching a person where the insignia goes. I got hit so often my arm turned purple from elbow to shoulder.

I have a bunch of tattoos. Tattoo'ing pain stops pretty much when the needle does.

But I got NOTHING on this stuff. My lord.

"There but for the grace go I..."