The most amount of pain you have felt.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2014, 03:02 PM
RE: The most amount of pain you have felt.
(02-01-2014 07:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 11:03 AM)RaisdCath Wrote:  I HATE DENTISTS!!!!

I've had many surgeries in my long life including knees (both), gall bladder, heart, and some others.
Only in dentistry is real pain largely a result of the work itself or its aftermath.

Of course, having been shot was no picnic either!!

Fucking hilarious. Big Grin

When it comes to pain, THERE ARE DENTISTS!!!!

and then there's ... Consider ... oh yeah being shot was no picnic either.

Big Grin

That has got to be one of the worst, most fearful, scenes in any movie. I don't know how Dustin Hoffman did it!!
Makes "Night of the Living Dead" a picnic (pun intended)!!

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 04:15 PM
I have a condition called tarsal coalition, which means there's a bridge of tissue connecting bones in my feet that shouldn't be connected. And it's quite painful. I've pretty much gotten used to the pain at this point, but when I was a teenager the pain was unbearable. I just couldn't bring myself to walk or even be on my feet for more than 5 minutes. There was an operation that could have helped it a lot, but my feet were fully grown by the time the idiot doctors figured out what was causing the pain, so I couldn't do it anymore.

The pain's still very much there, but when you experience it every minute of every day for eleven years, I guess you can begin to ignore it a little.

“The only reason people do not know much is because they do not care to know. They are incurious. Incuriousity is the oddest and most foolish failing there is.” -Stephen Fry
11-02-2014, 02:00 PM
I got mauled by a dog. Fucker grabbed onto my hand and bit down, giving me a severe crush injury, and then he shook his head, snapping all the ligaments in my wrist. While I wrestled with him to get him off me, he bit my breast. Then, when I finally managed to twist my body away from him, he bit me right on the ass, tearing away the muscle from the pelvic bone.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. I actually passed out in the street from the pain.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
11-02-2014, 02:51 PM
(11-02-2014 02:00 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I got mauled by a dog. Fucker grabbed onto my hand and bit down, giving me a severe crush injury, and then he shook his head, snapping all the ligaments in my wrist. While I wrestled with him to get him off me, he bit my breast. Then, when I finally managed to twist my body away from him, he bit me right on the ass, tearing away the muscle from the pelvic bone.

Ouch, how did all this happen? And how didn't that dog kill you?? Stray hostile dogs scare me so much and now I have one more reason to be afraid Sad

My worst experiences with pain would be
-having a really bad tooth drilled without anesthesia
-hemorrhoids
-inflamed joint
-when I had a chalazion (two actually, on one eye, I don't advise you to Google it, it's like a big inflamed cyst full of pus on your eyelid) and the eye doctor decided to pierce it repeatedly to get the pus out, they had to hold me down.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
11-02-2014, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 03:53 PM by War Horse.)
How'd I miss this thread ?

I went down on my bike in a hairpin curve at 85 mph, slide on the road and then went airborn.

The next morning, after the alcohol wore off, I was getting the asphalt scraped out of my entire back, right arm and right hip bone area..... with a steel brush. My collar bone and hip bone was exposed.

I was given 100cc of Demerol and 89 shots of novocaine, before the scrubbing began, I thought I wouldnt feel anything.... I was wrong, being burned alive would have been a pleasure in comparison.

Bandages had to be changed daily with whatever white cream they used and ripped the skin off every time. And then the 4 months of scabs that formed, that broke open the minute I moved a muscle.

That was the worst pain I've ever felt and I have a high tolerance for pain.

Tho one time with another bike wreck, the bike landed on my right calf with the exhaust pipe right on it and the throttle sticking wide open..... that burned right down to the bone before someone got it off of me... that hurt quite a bit too.

Now a days my worst pain is from Sciatica in my right leg, from my spine being fucked. When that gets going, I want a bullet in the head to relieve the pain.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
11-02-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm laying in a hospital bed in the special observation unit in the ER. My digestive system has shut down, and for the last four days my mouth and esophagus have been exposed to a constant bath of stomach acid, since my pyloric sphincter has cinched shit. My tongue has a split from the tip, all the way to the back of my throat, that runs 1/8 of an inch deep, and because of the severe swelling, is equally as wide, and slowly tearing wider. The chemical burns in my throat end up taking almost three months to heal, and I need to take a special medication for almost two weeks so that my digestive system can handle all the blood that seeps from the wounds.

That wasn't the painful part...

With all this damage to my throat and mouth getting worse, the doctors opt to drain my stomach via nose tube. Now really, it should have been done earlier, and if it had, I may not have been so delirious, and so could have avoided at least part of the next few agonizing minutes. Enter nurse A and Nurse B. Nurse A was nice enough. Not really out of the ordinary, especially in contrast to her cohort. Nurse B was a hulking man, probably 6'5", and built like a linebacker. I saw him only briefly, since he walked round to the back of the bed, where he gently, but firmly held my head. Nurse A described the procedure, and warned me that it would be uncomfortable, and because of the chemical burns, it would likely hurt going down my throat a bit. At that point, I really didn't care. Anything to stop the acid from doing more damage was worth it.

Well, my instructions were to relax as best I could, stay still, and do my best to help by swallowing if I could. Unfortunately, nurse A didn't know that I had broken my nose on several different occasions. (I am proud of my remarkably straight nose considering the circumstances). And me, being in such a state, never realized it might be pertinent to tell her. Plus, NEITHER of us knew that at some point, I had evidently done some minor damage to my sinus cavity. The result was scar tissue, that essentially re-routed the main cavity around a sharp bend. So when the tube went in, it quickly met a wall of very sensitive sinus tissue. Now nurse A knew exactly where the tube was supposed to go, and she also knew that it was at the point where she would feel back pressure if I resisted. So she calmly said, "don,t fight it, just try to relax", and then she pushed.

The best way I can describe the feeling is that it felt like she slipped, lunged forward, and jammed the piece of inch thick rebar she was shoving up my nose so far that it popped right on through the back of my skull.

What really happened was the piece of scar tissue was just weak enough that it broke off, effectively re-opening the original passage through my sinuses. Unfortunately, that hard little piece of tissue grabbed onto the tube, and as poor nurse A tried to reassure me all was well, we made it (since she could now feel the tube had past the point where she would feel resistance), I proceeded to do what was later described as "howling like a beagle in heat". You see as nurse A was inserting the tube, she was also tearing a nasty strip out of my sinus cavity. When they scoped it later, they found it was a tear almost an inch long. Pretty fuckin long if you ask me.

For the record. I also broke my femur. It was a walk in the park compared to the Big Booger Incident. That's how the doc described the chunk of scar tissue that got caught on the tube. "It was like a big booger". My kids still refer to it as The B.B.I.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
11-02-2014, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 09:40 AM by Full Circle.)
I haven't stopped cringing for the last fifteen minutes since I found this thread.

As for me two events come to mind. The first time I had a diverticulitis attack. I didn't know what was happening so I went home, took some aspirin and lay down. A few hours later my wife rushes me to the hospital, I'm white as a sheet, high fever, partially delirious. It took until the next day to get the infection under control. All I could do that night was double over and hold my knees to my chest for what seemed like an eternity.

The other incident is a bit stranger. I'm walking in knee-deep water along the shore when I feel a strange pressure on the outside of my foot. For an instant I'm thinking a crab is pinching me but the pain begins to rocket from a slight discomfort to "what the fucking hell!". I get out of the water look at my foot and and I see an entry puncture wound on the outside of my foot and an exit wound on the inside of my foot, blood is pouring out.

A stingray (Dysiatis americana) has driven it's barb clear through. The barb has a protein based neurotoxin and this shit is now working it's way up my leg. My leg is on fucking fire! The pain works it's way to my thigh and is approching my crotch. The lifeguards take me to their post, fill an igloo with hot water and tell me to stick my foot inside. The water felt like hot coals on my leg but when I touched it with my hand it wasn't that hot. For an hour the lifeguards poured what felt like lava over my leg to denature the neurotoxin and by then the pain had subsided to an 8. I considered cutting it off as a viable option.

The 'sting' which gives these fishes their common name is a modified dermal denticle mounted near the base of the tail, about one-third along its total length. The sting consists of a blade-like barb with serrations along both edges and a venom gland at the base. The serrae point toward the base of the spine, making removal difficult and very painful. The venom is a fairly powerful nerve toxin which affects the heart in complex and dangerous ways. But like most fish toxins, stingray venom is a large protein that can be broken down by heat. First aid should begin with immersion of the wound in hot but non-scalding water (110 to 113° F) for 30 to 90 minutes. The wound should then be cleaned with soap and water and any broken bits of stingray spine should be removed; no attempt should be made to tape or sew the wound closed, unless necessary to stop excessive bleeding. If the wound shows signs of infection (redness, swelling, pus), administer antibiotics. Treatment by a physician is indicated in any stingray envenomation.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-02-2014, 05:11 PM
(11-02-2014 02:00 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I got mauled by a dog. Fucker grabbed onto my hand and bit down, giving me a severe crush injury, and then he shook his head, snapping all the ligaments in my wrist. While I wrestled with him to get him off me, he bit my breast. Then, when I finally managed to twist my body away from him, he bit me right on the ass, tearing away the muscle from the pelvic bone.

I was attacked by a pitbull cross of some kind once. It jumped the ridiculously short fence that the owners should have changed. It bit down on my left elbow and wouldnt let go. I had to pull my hand upto my shoulder to make my elbow area as meaty as possible cause it felt like it was being crushed. I literally picked the dog up by the throat with my right hand, and I guess left elbow... and threw it onto the top of the fence a few times before I fell to the ground. As soon as it had its feet on the pavement it started to shake its head and pull me. I could feel the dog reset its bite, and I immediately was afraid it would let go and try to bite my neck or something. So I had to scramble to get on my feet and I ended up falling on the dog. The owners were just turning the corner to the walkway beside their house and were yelling at the dog. I shouted "HELP!", but they were WALKING over wayyyy too slowly for the intensity of the situation. I felt like it was trying to kill me. I put my thumb into the dogs left eye socket as hard as I could, and two of my other fingers into its right eye. He let go and ran to his owners. I wasn't even angry. I even said "I'm sorry, he just jumped the fence" and they were too busy taking the dog to the car to say much of anything. I said "I live at #__ just down the street. Are his shots up to date?" but they drove away and then I walked home and got my dad to drive me to the hospital. Next day I heard them telling my dad that I killed their dog. Really they had to put it down because it had internal injuries, two broken legs, and probably wouldn't be able to see again. I felt terrible, I just hugged my puppy all day and cried. My arm required stitches, and a bone in my forearm was fractured (punctured), but I escaped any serious damage to connective tissues, which was VERY lucky. I just kept remembering when it reset its bite, I think thats when the bone was fractured. For a while, every time I saw my dog I would get SOO sad.
11-02-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm just sitting here reading all these horror stories and I'm like:
"Well I got blue balls once"

Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
11-02-2014, 06:36 PM
(11-02-2014 03:19 PM)War Horse Wrote:  How'd I miss this thread ?

I went down on my bike in a hairpin curve at 85 mph, slide on the road and then went airborn.

The next morning, after the alcohol wore off, I was getting the asphalt scraped out of my entire back, right arm and right hip bone area..... with a steel brush. My collar bone and hip bone was exposed.

I was given 100cc of Demerol and 89 shots of novocaine, before the scrubbing began, I thought I wouldnt feel anything.... I was wrong, being burned alive would have been a pleasure in comparison.

Bandages had to be changed daily with whatever white cream they used and ripped the skin off every time. And then the 4 months of scabs that formed, that broke open the minute I moved a muscle.

That was the worst pain I've ever felt and I have a high tolerance for pain.

Tho one time with another bike wreck, the bike landed on my right calf with the exhaust pipe right on it and the throttle sticking wide open..... that burned right down to the bone before someone got it off of me... that hurt quite a bit too.

Now a days my worst pain is from Sciatica in my right leg, from my spine being fucked. When that gets going, I want a bullet in the head to relieve the pain.

This. Right here. Is why I didn't finish med school. I was out and about with my dad when he got beeped to the ER.

Long story short, kid had dumped his crotch rocket and skidded almost a 1/4 mike before he stopped. His skin was burned off his body. The smell was un-de-scribe-able!!!

The smell and sight of him was so horrifying, his nose was gone, showing a gaping hole into is sinus cavity, and you could see his teeth through his cheek.

I hit the floor like a sack of potatoes! The nurses never let my dad live it down.

I dropped out of med school soon after that.

Yikes, man! That sounds so fucking painful!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post