The most amount of pain you have felt.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2014, 06:40 PM
RE: The most amount of pain you have felt.
(11-02-2014 05:11 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 02:00 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I got mauled by a dog. Fucker grabbed onto my hand and bit down, giving me a severe crush injury, and then he shook his head, snapping all the ligaments in my wrist. While I wrestled with him to get him off me, he bit my breast. Then, when I finally managed to twist my body away from him, he bit me right on the ass, tearing away the muscle from the pelvic bone.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. I actually passed out in the street from the pain.

I was attacked by a pitbull cross of some kind once. It jumped the ridiculously short fence that the owners should have changed. It bit down on my left elbow and wouldnt let go. I had to pull my hand upto my shoulder to make my elbow area as meaty as possible cause it felt like it was being crushed. I literally picked the dog up by the throat with my right hand, and I guess left elbow... and threw it onto the top of the fence a few times before I fell to the ground. As soon as it had its feet on the pavement it started to shake its head and pull me. I could feel the dog reset its bite, and I immediately was afraid it would let go and try to bite my neck or something. So I had to scramble to get on my feet and I ended up falling on the dog. The owners were just turning the corner to the walkway beside their house and were yelling at the dog. I shouted "HELP!", but they were WALKING over wayyyy too slowly for the intensity of the situation. I felt like it was trying to kill me. I put my thumb into the dogs left eye socket as hard as I could, and two of my other fingers into its right eye. He let go and ran to his owners. I wasn't even angry. I even said "I'm sorry, he just jumped the fence" and they were too busy taking the dog to the car to say much of anything. I said "I live at #__ just down the street. Are his shots up to date?" but they drove away and then I walked home and got my dad to drive me to the hospital. Next day I heard them telling my dad that I killed their dog. Really they had to put it down because it had internal injuries, two broken legs, and probably wouldn't be able to see again. I felt terrible, I just hugged my puppy all day and cried. My arm required stitches, and a bone in my forearm was fractured (punctured), but I escaped any serious damage to connective tissues, which was VERY lucky. I just kept remembering when it reset its bite, I think thats when the bone was fractured. For a while, every time I saw my dog I would get SOO sad.

Awww man. The owners were assholes and should have been more concerned with you. Sorry they made you feel like it was your fault.

My bite was from a golden retriever!! And I have two goldens of my own. This one just happened to be very aggressive. Pit bull attacks are so bad because of the bite, hold and shake attack style that is from their breed. They were bred to take down full grown male bulls.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2014, 06:40 PM
We sure are a tough bunch around here.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-02-2014, 07:10 PM
(11-02-2014 06:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We sure are a tough bunch around here.

Fuck yes. I read this whole damn thread, and I am more proud than ever of the company I keep.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
11-02-2014, 07:15 PM
[Image: we_are_badass__feaather_and_calyypso_fan...dd3a1d.png]

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
12-02-2014, 06:41 AM
Shingles!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
12-02-2014, 08:28 PM
(12-02-2014 06:41 AM)Dee Wrote:  Shingles!

In the eye!

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
13-02-2014, 04:30 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2014 07:37 AM by Satu.)
I think it must be giving birth to my second child. During the pregnancy I begged my doctor to check the size of the baby. It sounds stupid I know, but I felt like I was going to explode, like there was no room for my organs or lungs. I couldn't breath and when my baby was streching, it felt like my ribs were going to snap. It was painful. Doctor just kept on telling me that "mother nature" knows what she is doing. Nothing too big can develop in me, mainly because I am so little myself.

When contractions started we went to the hospital. First they gave me a dose of oxtocin to induce labour, because nothing seemed to happen... Soon after I felt like pushing and my midwife told me baby was ready to be delivered. Then she checked my situation and hastily told me to stop. Cervix wasn't open. I was asking how the hell am I going to do that? My body is trying to push this sucker out of me. Midwife kept telling me that I need to stop pushing. So in came someone to medicate me and slow down the process.

Contraction pains were much more intense than in my previous childbirth. I tried to imagine myself swimming in the still and soundless lake, cool water surrounding me, summer nights sun still up somewhere in the horizon... But pain was pushing through and the image kept on shattering.

When my cervix finally agreed with my body about being ready, well things didn't get any better. Baby got stuck, half of the head out. Contractions stopped. My body just shut down. I felt like I was going to split in two, being ripped apart from the inside out. "Goodbye.", I told my husband. This feeling of peace overtook me, this acceptance of giving up, dying. I almost felt happy. Pain was there but hovering somewhere in the backround. One of the staff yelled me out of my happy place, told me to push. There was two midwives rubbing and pushing my stomach (most likely to mimic contractions and to increase the pressure) and doctor pulling my baby out with somekind of horror tools.

They did get him out. And I'm still here. My kid suffered mild Erb's Palsy. It has healed since and he can use his arm normally. And my doctor apologized to me (for not listening)... And when I got pregnant again, doctors suggested c-section.
13-02-2014, 11:34 PM
(13-02-2014 04:30 AM)Satu Wrote:  I think it must be giving birth to my second child. During the pregnancy I begged my doctor to check the size of the baby. It sounds stupid I know, but I felt like I was going to explode, like there was no room for my organs or lungs. I couldn't breath and when my baby was streching, it felt like my ribs were going to snap. It was painful. Doctor just kept on telling me that "mother nature" knows what she is doing. Nothing too big can develop in me, mainly because I am so little myself.

When contractions started we went to the hospital. First they gave me a dose of oxtocin to induce labour, because nothing seemed to happen... Soon after I felt like pushing and my midwife told me baby was ready to be delivered. Then she checked my situation and hastily told me to stop. Cervix wasn't open. I was asking how the hell am I going to do that? My body is trying to push this sucker out of me. Midwife kept telling me that I need to stop pushing. So in came someone to medicate me and slow down the process.

Contraction pains were much more intense than in my previous childbirth. I tried to imagine myself swimming in the still and soundless lake, cool water surrounding me, summer nights sun still up somewhere in the horizon... But pain was pushing through and the image kept on shattering.

When my cervix finally agreed with my body about being ready, well things didn't get any better. Baby got stuck, half of the head out. Contractions stopped. My body just shut down. I felt like I was going to split in two, being ripped apart from the inside out. "Goodbye.", I told my husband. This feeling of peace overtook me, this acceptance of giving up, dying. I almost felt happy. Pain was there but hovering somewhere in the backround. One of the staff yelled me out of my happy place, told me to push. There was two midwives rubbing and pushing my stomach (most likely to mimic contractions and to increase the pressure) and doctor pulling my baby out with somekind of horror tools.

They did get him out. And I'm still here. My kid suffered mild Erb's Palsy. It has healed since and he can use his arm normally. And my doctor apologized to me (for not listening)... And when I got pregnant again, doctors suggested c-section.

And people wonder why pregnancy repulses me.

Yes, the children may be worth it, but I'm not sure there is any other animal with a more fucked up birthing process than homo sapiens.

[Image: giphy.gif]
13-02-2014, 11:36 PM
I removed a band-aid once that I left on for a day.
It's been 15 years and I still can't stop crying.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
13-02-2014, 11:38 PM
(13-02-2014 11:34 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 04:30 AM)Satu Wrote:  I think it must be giving birth to my second child. During the pregnancy I begged my doctor to check the size of the baby. It sounds stupid I know, but I felt like I was going to explode, like there was no room for my organs or lungs. I couldn't breath and when my baby was streching, it felt like my ribs were going to snap. It was painful. Doctor just kept on telling me that "mother nature" knows what she is doing. Nothing too big can develop in me, mainly because I am so little myself.

And people wonder why pregnancy repulses me.

Yes, the children may be worth it, but I'm not sure there is any other animal with a more fucked up birthing process than homo sapiens.
I don't even want to talk about much worse births from animals.
Don't even mention them.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post