The most amount of pain you have felt.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2014, 07:40 AM
RE: The most amount of pain you have felt.
Smashing my head open by faceplanting on a concrete staircase, left a grand canyon scar over my left eye.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
15-02-2014, 07:54 AM
(14-02-2014 12:44 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 12:35 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Size of a pineapple? Blink All three of my kids were at least 8 pounds...that would be one big ass pineapple!

Well whatever, I wanted to use a fruit image. Dodgy

As in fruit of your loins?
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
15-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Taking 2 minutes to come out of a grande mal fit. It usually takes seconds and the mental pain was excruciating.
15-02-2014, 10:03 PM
(15-02-2014 07:40 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Smashing my head open by faceplanting on a concrete staircase, left a grand canyon scar over my left eye.

Man -- I took a dive on a bike and my glasses tore a nasty gash over AND under one eye. Funny thing was, it didn't hurt that much at all, and I didn't realize just how bad it was until I got home and looked in the mirror. Ugh.

Most painful: Separated shoulder in another bike crash, broken ankle in a motorcycle crash (wrapped around a parking meter), and coming down from a forward flip in a sitting position on a trampoline with (unbeknownst to me) degenerated discs.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
16-02-2014, 12:31 AM
(14-02-2014 09:30 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Getting my nipples pierced was up there on the pain scale. Funny as shit, though. Everyone in the front room heard me yelling profanities. Two people in a room down the hall (a tattoo artist and his client) both poked their heads out the door simultaneously. Despite the pain, I had to laugh.

My lips hurt like hell, too. In a different way, though. With the nipples, it was just flesh being pierced with a cold needle, but with the lips, there's muscle tissue involved. It was a deeper kind of pain.

Then there was the time the dentist accidentally found a deep cavity with the little hook she was using to poke around in my mouth. (I'll leave that to your imagination)

Ripping my rotator cuff wasn't fun. (On any of the 3 occasions that I did it) The first time was the worst; I felt a *pop* and then a deep soreness in my shoulder. I didn't think much of it. The next morning I woke up and, the second I tried to move my arm, it felt like someone punched me in the chest. The sharp pain shot down my torso and arm and knocked the wind out of me. For days it felt like I had a rock lodged in my shoulder joint.

My lower back injury was the only one to make me cry, though. Not because of the intensity, per se, but because of how long it lasts. My disk(s) had been pinched, so they swell up and rub against the sciatic nerve. It feels like your lower back and pelvis has been destroyed by a sledge-hammer and the bone is cracked and broken into pieces. The only position that didn't make me feel like I couldn't breathe because of the pain was laying on my back with my knees up and a folded towel placed under my pelvis. Only time in my adult life that I needed someone to rub my arm and tell me it'd be ok while I cried and begged for the pain to go away. I'll need surgery one day; just like my dad.

Here's to hoping my appendix never bursts and I never have to pass a kidney stone. lol

Whatever the hell you keep doing to yourself stop doing.
Things like piercings make me sick.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
20-02-2014, 05:25 PM
For me, so far in my life it was when I had viral Meningitis. I had it when I was 13 and it was just the most excruciating pain ever. It was like a severe migraine in my entire body. I could not move at all, I had to be carried into the car, and taken into the urgent care with a wheelchair. I started puking everywhere from the pain, and once they suspected I had meningitis I was transferred to the hospital by ambulance. I think I was hospitalized for a week.
20-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Lessee....

Sharpest pain would be when I played volleyball and my thumb was jammed about an inch into my hand. Then having it pulled back into place.

Enduring... A few instances of dental pain come to mind.
20-02-2014, 07:04 PM
(16-02-2014 12:31 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 09:30 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Getting my nipples pierced was up there on the pain scale. Funny as shit, though. Everyone in the front room heard me yelling profanities. Two people in a room down the hall (a tattoo artist and his client) both poked their heads out the door simultaneously. Despite the pain, I had to laugh.

My lips hurt like hell, too. In a different way, though. With the nipples, it was just flesh being pierced with a cold needle, but with the lips, there's muscle tissue involved. It was a deeper kind of pain.

Then there was the time the dentist accidentally found a deep cavity with the little hook she was using to poke around in my mouth. (I'll leave that to your imagination)

Ripping my rotator cuff wasn't fun. (On any of the 3 occasions that I did it) The first time was the worst; I felt a *pop* and then a deep soreness in my shoulder. I didn't think much of it. The next morning I woke up and, the second I tried to move my arm, it felt like someone punched me in the chest. The sharp pain shot down my torso and arm and knocked the wind out of me. For days it felt like I had a rock lodged in my shoulder joint.

My lower back injury was the only one to make me cry, though. Not because of the intensity, per se, but because of how long it lasts. My disk(s) had been pinched, so they swell up and rub against the sciatic nerve. It feels like your lower back and pelvis has been destroyed by a sledge-hammer and the bone is cracked and broken into pieces. The only position that didn't make me feel like I couldn't breathe because of the pain was laying on my back with my knees up and a folded towel placed under my pelvis. Only time in my adult life that I needed someone to rub my arm and tell me it'd be ok while I cried and begged for the pain to go away. I'll need surgery one day; just like my dad.

Here's to hoping my appendix never bursts and I never have to pass a kidney stone. lol

Whatever the hell you keep doing to yourself stop doing.
Things like piercings make me sick.

I'd say that ain't your call. He's just sharing what caused him pain and a bit of laughter. Piercings aren't your thing, I get that, telling him to stop not so much.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
20-02-2014, 10:11 PM
So Alextheopenminded, what's your take on tattoos?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
10-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Hmm...Id have to say the most immediate pain I've had was when I was 13, I fell while rollerblading and broke my arm so that the bone looked like a fork poking out of my arm. Breaking my arm wasn't painful though, it just throbbed and looked horrifying. The painful part was when the doctor decided it was an OK idea to twist my arm every-which way to take x-rays and then pull on it to see it he could put it back in. PULL ON IT. One more time, pull on it. WTF. Ill never forget that pain even though it was only for a minute.

I srlys hope never to experience the pain some of you described
Another time when I was about 16 I had Scarlet fever with 106-107 temp for two weeks and painkillers didn't do anything. That god awful pain was something I never wish to happen again.