The most amount of pain you have felt.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2014, 11:03 AM
RE: The most amount of pain you have felt.
(30-12-2013 05:54 PM)bemore Wrote:  This last week has been a grim reminder to me about pain. I had a molar extracted on Christmas eve which then turned into a dry socket.

The toothache that I had was nothing compared to the last couple of days. It wasn't a constant pain as I was treating it myself very carefully however when it did come it was something to "behold". I imagine because it is the nerves in my jaw that made it so painful but it felt like pure burning fire throbbing in lines from my jaw to my ear canal and skull. Everything from my personal medicine cabinet was thrown at it and hardly anything touched it other than Solpadol and paracetamol

It is the second most painful time of my life as the first time was when I was about 9-10. I was involved in a fight at school with another lad and he won by kicking me straight in the balls (fair play) The pain at the time was shattering, however when I woke up the next morning my right testicle was throbbing. Over the next few days my testicle slowly swelled up and became so painful that in the end I had to tell my parents. A doctors visit sent me on the way to hospital where I was told I had a twisted testicle and that to treat it they needed to slice me open and untwist it. The pain then was horrendous to the point me breathing would change the pain. I was glad to get to hospital lol.

So what is the most amount of pain people have felt in their lifes which they wanna share?

I HATE DENTISTS!!!!

I've had many surgeries in my long life including knees (both), gall bladder, heart, and some others.
Only in dentistry is real pain largely a result of the work itself or its aftermath.

Of course, having been shot was no picnic either!!

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RaisdCath's post
01-01-2014, 11:24 AM
(31-12-2013 08:06 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  You ladies sure are making me even more scared of having babies Confused lol

The thing about labor is that you know there is an end in sight. With some other things that isn't always the case.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
01-01-2014, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2014 08:00 PM by Vosur.)
Well, three events come to my mind.

I once had a nasty ear infection that was painful enough to make me scream in anguish 24/7.

I once underwent feet surgery because my big toe's nail grew into its flesh. It took six anesthesia needles, each of which hurt unimaginably because they had to be shoved deep into my toe, until I no longer felt any pain.

I once cut off half of my right index finger while I was chopping up some carrots as a kid.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Kidney stones. I've had them 2-3 times and the like to get lodged in my ureter. Nothing they gave me that didn't knock me out would properly quell the pain.

Surgeries have never seemed to bother me. I've had 3, 2 hernia meshes 2 and an appendectomy, and neither bothered me nearly as much as the fucking kidney stones.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

- Bertrand Russel
01-01-2014, 10:23 PM
(01-01-2014 11:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(31-12-2013 08:06 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  You ladies sure are making me even more scared of having babies Confused lol

The thing about labor is that you know there is an end in sight. With some other things that isn't always the case.

It's weird how bad it hurts and then the baby comes out and *click* almost all the pain disappears (usually). I actually had my kids med free and it hurt but it wasn't as bad as the time when a garage door closed all the way down on my right foot crushing my bones and forcing me to spend fifth grade in the library. Just don't ever let a doctor break your water if you aren't dilated, seriously if there is no immediate risk to your life or your baby's don't be afraid to tell him/her hell no.
02-01-2014, 12:31 AM
When my first shunt malfunctioned and I developed bacterial meningitis, vomiting lots of black stuff and then passing out was horrible.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Well this thread has been very interesting to read so far, thanks for sharing peeps.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
02-01-2014, 07:37 PM
(01-01-2014 11:03 AM)RaisdCath Wrote:  I HATE DENTISTS!!!!

I've had many surgeries in my long life including knees (both), gall bladder, heart, and some others.
Only in dentistry is real pain largely a result of the work itself or its aftermath.

Of course, having been shot was no picnic either!!

Fucking hilarious. Big Grin

When it comes to pain, THERE ARE DENTISTS!!!!

and then there's ... Consider ... oh yeah being shot was no picnic either.

Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-01-2014, 08:11 PM
(02-01-2014 12:31 AM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  When my first shunt malfunctioned and I developed bacterial meningitis, vomiting lots of black stuff and then passing out was horrible.

Sounds bad. Was that the surgery where you had to have your ankle length hair cut off or was that an earlier surgery?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
02-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Gallbladder attacks prior to having it removed. I was vomiting because of the pain, and I have a fairly high pain tolerance.

“Be thankful that you have a life, and forsake your vain and presumptuous desire for a second one.” -Richard Dawkins