The most amount of pain you have felt.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2014, 09:51 PM
RE: The most amount of pain you have felt.
(01-01-2014 07:53 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I once underwent feet surgery because my big toe's nail grew into its flesh. It took six anesthesia needles, each of which hurt unimaginably because they had to be shoved deep into my toe, until I no longer felt any pain.
Me too. Those needles scrape the bone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 01:47 PM
I had a severe form of Guillian Berre syndrome where you also loose nerves. Had to have a test/procedure where they give you shock, and measure how fast your nerves react. The problem is that when you don't really have that much left, they cant measure anything. So they crank up the volume and just keep on going. Getting shocked once or twice is not THAT bad, but 105 mins of that is just plain torture. The fact that my state was so bad they in many cases had to insert HUGE needles directly into my muscles, and shock me through those, did not help either... Did I mention I REALLY don't like needles and getting shocked either?... Let's just say I was not overly fond of the doctors when I was told half a year later that they wanted to do it again... Luckily it wasn't that bad the second time, since my condition had improved a lot.

Still, that was physical pain and it passes. Six years of on/off depressions and mood swings followed up by a severe depression caused by a broken heart that has been going on for 2,5 years now, has been way more painful for me. The pain just never stops...

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you
do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will
understand why I dismiss yours.
03-01-2014, 05:42 PM
I was fine with any pain associated in my labor, up until they broke my water. Oh. My. Zeus. Those contractions hit me like nothing I've ever felt before or since.

Imagine for a second an alien life form trying to claw its way out of the cuccoon it has made of your body. It is pushing with all of its body weight against your internal organs and rearranging them with no regard to your feelings or pain threshold. Your back feels as though there is a vice slowly tightening around it. You may want to throw up in the madness and, on more than one occasion, you almost pass out from the adrenaline coursing through your already sore, swollen body for the last 9 months and 22 hours.

Thank all that science and stuff for epidurals. After I was stabbed in the spine (?) and had a steady flow of drugs pumping through my being, I was back to my random, irreverent self pretty quickly. One might never guess that I was just possessed and felt like I was dying not long before.

I applaud my mother and any woman who managed/manages to give birth without pain medication. Clap

The human body is awesome.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 3 users Like Peanut's post
03-01-2014, 06:12 PM
A small kidney stone.

I thought I'd been shot in the back.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
03-01-2014, 06:13 PM
(03-01-2014 05:42 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I was fine with any pain associated in my labor, up until they broke my water. Oh. My. Zeus. Those contractions hit me like nothing I've ever felt before or since.

Imagine for a second an alien life form trying to claw its way out of the cuccoon it has made of your body. It is pushing with all of its body weight against your internal organs and rearranging them with no regard to your feelings or pain threshold. Your back feels as though there is a vice slowly tightening around it. You may want to throw up in the madness and, on more than one occasion, you almost pass out from the adrenaline coursing through your already sore, swollen body for the last 9 months and 22 hours.

Thank all that science and stuff for epidurals. After I was stabbed in the spine (?) and had a steady flow of drugs pumping through my being, I was back to my random, irreverent self pretty quickly. One might never guess that I was just possessed and felt like I was dying not long before.

I applaud my mother and any woman who managed/manages to give birth without pain medication. Clap

Oh, Goober, I could almost feel the pain. Well done.Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-01-2014, 06:24 PM
(30-12-2013 06:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Waking up after my double mastectomy was absolutely horrifying. I expected pain, but not at that level. And I didn't expect the surgeon to not believe in the use of pain meds. Oddly, I expected my chest to hurt but it felt like someone had hit me in both shoulder blades with a sledge hammer. I have endured a lot of pain before from an unplanned natural childbirth to kidney stones...this was pain at a whole other level. It was months before it was finally determined that I had suffered severe nerve damage...which doesn't respond to pain meds like other pain does.

I did finally get the hospital to call the plastic surgeon to override the oncology surgeon and get some pain meds, it really didn't do much but it was better than the nothing I was getting.

Even with an extremely high pain tolerance, that was pain that was unbearable. I really wished I had died in surgery.

I was about to see your kidney stone (during finals in college) and raise you one precipitous, natural childbirth (HORRENDOUS AND terrifying) >>>> but since you have done both of those and can compare the pain to something ten times MORE frightening, Bowing I won't bother.

Sistah.....pleeeez. (Cousin with Triple Negative breast cancer like yours, I think, half way through chemo...double mast in the spring, we think...this has SUCKED as you TOO WELL know. Hope she has an outcome more like yours, less like the statistics... No
[+] 1 user Likes Hypatia's post
03-01-2014, 06:40 PM
(03-01-2014 05:42 PM)Peanut Wrote:  I was fine with any pain associated in my labor, up until they broke my water. Oh. My. Zeus. Those contractions hit me like nothing I've ever felt before or since.

This thread is constantly making me thankful that it is physically impossible for me to be inflicted with carrying and birthing those little parasites we call babies.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
03-01-2014, 06:45 PM
(03-01-2014 06:24 PM)Hypatia Wrote:  
(30-12-2013 06:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Waking up after my double mastectomy was absolutely horrifying. I expected pain, but not at that level. And I didn't expect the surgeon to not believe in the use of pain meds. Oddly, I expected my chest to hurt but it felt like someone had hit me in both shoulder blades with a sledge hammer. I have endured a lot of pain before from an unplanned natural childbirth to kidney stones...this was pain at a whole other level. It was months before it was finally determined that I had suffered severe nerve damage...which doesn't respond to pain meds like other pain does.

I did finally get the hospital to call the plastic surgeon to override the oncology surgeon and get some pain meds, it really didn't do much but it was better than the nothing I was getting.

Even with an extremely high pain tolerance, that was pain that was unbearable. I really wished I had died in surgery.

I was about to see your kidney stone (during finals in college) and raise you one precipitous, natural childbirth (HORRENDOUS AND terrifying) >>>> but since you have done both of those and can compare the pain to something ten times MORE frightening, Bowing I won't bother.

Sistah.....pleeeez. (Cousin with Triple Negative breast cancer like yours, I think, half way through chemo...double mast in the spring, we think...this has SUCKED as you TOO WELL know. Hope she has an outcome more like yours, less like the statistics... No

I hope so too. I have beaten the odds with TNBC so far. No chemo and no rads. The statistics are frightening, I am hoping my case, and others like mine, make those numbers better!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Wow, guys.... and here I was about to be all "I jarred my back on a seasaw"! I will keep that and be thoroughly thankful! It's amazing what people can overcome. Respect to you! x

"God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight." - Nietzsche

You can follow/read my blog on religious text and things related at: http://alookatholytext.wordpress.com/
[+] 2 users Like SpaceMonkey's post
07-01-2014, 02:59 PM
This morning... I had cramp in my leg.

Hurt like fuck...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post