The most honest 3 minutes on TV

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2013, 05:49 PM
The most honest 3 minutes on TV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML3qYHWRIZk

I thought this was a great clip and brutally honest. This was from an HBO show called Newsroom.

I don't think that my generation being the worst is 100% our fault and I also don't know that my generation is necessarily the worst. The people running our government are not of my generation and they are fucking everything up. The bible being intertwined with government is making a mess of things. People thinking god will solve all of their problems and not actually lifting a finger to do anything about it.

People in my country walk around as if we are the greatest. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great place to live but the country as a whole is a mess.

Justin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 06:26 PM
RE: The most honest 3 minutes on TV
I miss the days that he was talking about. It's like I woke up one morning and did not recognize my own country anymore. And it scares that shit out of me.

The biggest problem with the younger generations is attitude. And it all started, in my opinion, when you could not spank your child anymore. (not talkin abuse just a quick spank on the ass ) And with the, heck I'm not even sure what to call it or how it even got started.... all the political correct crap of giving every child a trophy because one team might actually learn what it's like to loose. Raising these kids to be a bunch of woosies, that expect everything handed to them. You can't tell them what to do because they will tell you that you can't do that, I learned it in school and I'll call child services and tell them you hit me. I have friends with young children that are going through this right now. And they are good parents. I won't go into the rest of my conspiracy theory. I'll save that for another time I guess.

I don't know how old you are I just know that my son is 29 and it wasn't like this when he was young.

I don't like a lot of what I see right now. It makes me sick. I did not vote for the man in the white house either time. The fact that he wants to turn this country into one big nanny state is killing us. It's not what we are. I love my country I just don't like what's going on it it right now.

Pulling my foot out of my mouth now. Went all the way up to the knee this time I think.

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
07-03-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm 26 and it wasn't this bad when I was younger. My dad spanked me to make sure I knew who was boss. He wasn't abusive by any means. If i had a bad report card, boy would I hear it.

I agree with you about what sports has become; every child gets a trophy. That's a good way to teach children what the real world is all about... Not to mention how PC this country has become. Everyone gets offended by everything.

Sorry if this post is a wreck, I posted it from my phone.

Justin
[+] 1 user Likes Kinger's post
07-03-2013, 09:39 PM
(07-03-2013 05:49 PM)Kinger Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML3qYHWRIZk

I thought this was a great clip and brutally honest. This was from an HBO show called Newsroom.

I don't think that my generation being the worst is 100% our fault and I also don't know that my generation is necessarily the worst. The people running our government are not of my generation and they are fucking everything up. The bible being intertwined with government is making a mess of things. People thinking god will solve all of their problems and not actually lifting a finger to do anything about it.

People in my country walk around as if we are the greatest. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great place to live but the country as a whole is a mess.

I think the final ten seconds of that monologue should be "America is not the Greatest Country in the World anymore..........but it could be."

We have the guts, the intelligence, the character, the passion to do it.

But we threw it on the wayside for cheap crap like instant gratification. Maximized profit margins. An illogical, irrational demand for a zero risk life. Totalitarianism. Stupidity. Vapid, physical pursuits. Narcissism. Meanness. Cruelty. Shallowness. Special interests who hold us all hostage so they never have to sacrifice.

We've spent decades becoming decadent in our success, failing to exercise discipline to prevent us from straying from the principles that made us so great. And those failures to meet the benchmarks of our past success built up over time. Debt compounded, amplified by our greed for more and more extravagance. We demanded we have our every whims catered to, no matter how destructive or corrosive it was to our children and grandchildren. We traded big ideas and big dreams for stupid shit like reality television. We allowed a generation to build their ideals on stupidity and tearing down intelligence. Old media and great authors and thinkers disappear, replaced by vile little people like Tucker Max or the likes of Fox News. A whole system sprung up around us to continue to feed and nurture this culture of stupid, narcissistic, instant gratification monsters who choke out everything good about our country like poison weeds.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post