The most incredible plant...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2011, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2011 12:36 AM by DeepThought.)
The most incredible plant...
OK, first thing I want to state, if anyone has problems with this thread and you think it does not belong here, you are free to delete it, I won't mind...

Now back to the topic at hand... I will not write 100 pages of text here, instead I will post some links to some of the documentaries. I urge you to watch them, they are pretty incredible and they can show you things you didn't know. Also this is the extension of some other arguments we had on this forum where we spamed some other threads, so I wanted to put this in a separate thread and I think it deserves the attention of smart, intelligent people like you...

First of all, all this and much more can be found on my Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealFilox?feature=mhee, but this was not intended for my personal promotion.

Here is the first documentary, it is called RUN FROM THE CURE and it is based on medicinal use of Cannabis (Hemp) and how it can cure cancer.
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/5169.html
This page also contains a lot of other links connected to this subject, all sorts of studies are shown here.

Next one I would like to share with you is the real reason why this magnificent plant is outlawed all over the world. And the reason is pretty unbelievable, I doubt anyone here knows it...
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealFilox...u3TXm-4UcM

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealFilox...0dMDAo39lA

I've put this in "Science" section, because it seemed the most appropriate, since this is all scientific and it is based on evidence. Although, it could also be in the "Conspiracy" section, because, clearly, it is a huge conspiracy that is going on for the last 100 years.

Thank you for watching and supporting.

P.S.
Stark Raving, feel free to contact me if I have broken some rules, I was not sure if this thread would be completely appropriate and I do not wish to do it the wrong way.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2011, 12:35 PM
RE: The most inceridible plant...
Not a single rule broken my friend. Wink

....I'll comment further after I've watched the videos, but for the record, there's at least one of us other than you who knows why prohibition across the globe came to be....

So many cats, so few good recipes.
19-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Medicine maybe?

Anyways I agree that marijuana should not only be used to help treat certain ailments but should just be legalized already. Think of the potential profit the government could reap from it, not to mention how much they would save from having to fight it and keep people imprisoned for it.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-07-2011, 12:46 PM
No, it is not outlawed because of the medicine, although it also has a lot to do why it is still illegal, but it was because of the cotton industry and the discovery of nylon. Thank you mister DuPont, great "inventor" of nylon. Mister Rockefeller was the one dedicated for the medicinal usage ban...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
19-07-2011, 02:10 PM
The medicine vs drug debate is only one of many reasons cannabis is an incredible plant. Have you ever owned a piece of hemp clothing? If you did, you probably still so. Hemp is by far a better fibre than cotton for clothing. And it needs no chemical fertilizers or pesticides/herbicides. The old farmers that live around here STILL say, "there's only one sure way to get rid of Canada thistle: grow a crop of hemp." And then there's paper. Better paper, from a sustainable source. Um...duh! Why the hell are we using trees for paper??? Do you realize the shit that paper mills pump into our waterways? It's appaling. Don't forget hempseed, and hempseed oil either. Neither contain any drugs, and they are nutritious and taste good. I'm sure it's all mentioned in the videos, but it would take me too long to watch them right now.

I do want to address the cancer issue. There is no concrete evidence that cannabinoids kill cancer. The idea of marijuana being a cure all is as silly as saying anything else is a cure all. I just wanted to throw that out there because I noticed the second link is to the CC article that talks about Phoenix Tears. Rick Simpson makes many unsubstantiated claims that does nothing but hurt the "marijuana movement" because people see this zealot as a representative of those who support the many uses of this plant. The statistics on what it can do are impressive, but as soon as someone starts claiming "miracles" and "cure alls" their credibility goes out the window.

I'm a bit of a cannabis advocate if you hadn't already noticed.

[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
19-07-2011, 03:03 PM
(19-07-2011 02:10 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'm a bit of a cannabis advocate if you hadn't already noticed.
home grown?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
19-07-2011, 03:50 PM
(19-07-2011 03:03 PM)The_observer Wrote:  
(19-07-2011 02:10 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I'm a bit of a cannabis advocate if you hadn't already noticed.
home grown?

Would never think of it.

19-07-2011, 06:28 PM
(19-07-2011 02:10 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The medicine vs drug debate is only one of many reasons cannabis is an incredible plant. Have you ever owned a piece of hemp clothing? If you did, you probably still so. Hemp is by far a better fibre than cotton for clothing. And it needs no chemical fertilizers or pesticides/herbicides. The old farmers that live around here STILL say, "there's only one sure way to get rid of Canada thistle: grow a crop of hemp." And then there's paper. Better paper, from a sustainable source. Um...duh! Why the hell are we using trees for paper??? Do you realize the shit that paper mills pump into our waterways? It's appaling. Don't forget hempseed, and hempseed oil either. Neither contain any drugs, and they are nutritious and taste good. I'm sure it's all mentioned in the videos, but it would take me too long to watch them right now.

I'm a bit of a cannabis advocate if you hadn't already noticed.

I can only agree with cannabis as a renewable product for paper and clothing fiber. I also support the idea to legalize it, even if I personally don't use it. I was watching TV a while back, about the Netherlands soft laws on Cannabis. Though it is "sort of" a crime to have it without a med permit, it's rarely prosecuted. Same with growing small amounts.

http://www.encod.org/info/THE-NETHERLANDS.html

The above website states that Cannabis can be grown in "open air", apparently not indoors though. (?) They also have no laws about production or usage tools there.

The segment I seen on tv stated that the drug related crime went DOWN by legalizing it. Hard drug use goes down too, when they are no longer demonized. Netherlands reports hard drug use has gone down 30% since 1983, primarily due to new drug laws, and new treatments for addicts. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy...etherlands )

If our country would get it's head out of it's ass, we might be able to do the same, use pot freely, grow it for natural resources, use it for medicinal purposes, and create a taxable product that would be a huge hit for the national deficit!

Rednecks drink beer, get drunk, get angry, pull guns and kill each other. Angry
Pot heads get stoned , smile and laugh lot. Big Grin
Which would you prefer if you were in the bar? Cool

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
19-07-2011, 06:33 PM
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-pro-mariju...t-helping/

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
19-07-2011, 10:57 PM
I used to be seriously against the smoking of weed. The absolute last "fight" I had with my ex was about a bag of weed she brought into the house. (It was not about that we split, there where seriously more issues)

Later I realized that alcohol is a bigger tread to society then weed is. (I'm trying to quit alcohol but it's a though job for a beer-snob like me)

I slowly starting to feel kind of stupid for thinking that way about weed. Then again, there are so many addictions already, does the threshold really need to be lowered on an other one?

I'm on the fence... convince me!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.