The most incredible plant...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2011, 02:31 PM
RE: The most incredible plant...
(20-07-2011 02:15 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  The Government also has to approve your security, and it's difficult to get approval for an outdoor grow without being in an extremely remote location.
I guess they must provide a source of seedlings as well then? Is the whole process, from seeding to harvesting legalized and controlled?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Buying and selling seeds is not illegal in Canada. Only propegating the plants is. It's fucked up, but it is what it is. So I can purchase seeds in Canada even without a licence, I just need the licence for everything beyond that. The entire process is regulated quite poorly. They tell me how many plants I can have, and whatever I harvest from those plants is up to me and my horticultural skills. I am restricted on how much I can store as well, so if I do well, I can feasibly harvest and cure more product than I am allowed, in which case I am required to destroy any excess.

The process is poorly regulated, and there are changes to the laws coming very shortly.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
20-07-2011, 02:50 PM
I see...
that IS kind of a weird regulation...
It reminds me of the Belgian and Dutch law where it is not illegal to posses weed for own consumption but you can't grow it. I guess weed magically appears inside the plastic bag in your pocket then.

Ever tried vegetative reproduction on them and have one mother-plant carrying several stems. TECHNICALLY you still have only ONE plant... Smile

plants are so cool...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
20-07-2011, 03:10 PM
(20-07-2011 01:45 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  So to tell me to "admit you like to get high and want to do it without worrying about the cops." is not only wrong, but extremely insulting.
No it isn't. Get off your high horse. Or go smoke a joint. Tongue

Quote:One of my patients (here in Canada, a grower grows for specific patients) suffers from pain that 99% of the population will never experience in their lifetimes, and it is constant. She has been on so many meds for pain that her liver began to fail, she lost incredible amounts of weight due to nausia, and has been addicted to FOUR different prescription drugs. Doctors come up with "cocktails" to treat the pain, counteract the side effects of the pain meds, then more drugs to counter those side effects. Now my patient takes TWO prescription drugs, and one of them is marijuana. It eases her pain better than any other drug, including Oxy, and relieves the nausia caused by her other medication.
I'd rather get high on Oxy than on pot, so you go ahead and get high on your drug of choice, and I'll get high on my drug of choice. Let's just not pretend we are doing it for health reason, ok? I have a dozen friends who pop pain killers for surgery or problems they had 10 years ago. They aren't taking them for the pain, they are taking them because they like it.

Quote:So next time you tell someone to "admit" something, make sure you aren't making ignorant assumptions about their motives.
LOL, sure, sure... now let's go hit the bong. Big Grin

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
20-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Your little smilies don't change the fact that you're being ignorant of the truth. You still assume that this is to get high. Fact is, your friends are abusing the system. That doesn't mean everyone is, it just means that the people you choose to associate with do. If anyone's on a high horse, it's you for making assinine assumptions.

20-07-2011, 05:49 PM
(20-07-2011 02:50 PM)The_observer Wrote:  I see...
that IS kind of a weird regulation...
It reminds me of the Belgian and Dutch law where it is not illegal to posses weed for own consumption but you can't grow it. I guess weed magically appears inside the plastic bag in your pocket then.

Ever tried vegetative reproduction on them and have one mother-plant carrying several stems. TECHNICALLY you still have only ONE plant... Smile

plants are so cool...

Most of my plants come from clones (taken from a mother plant) I use seeds to introduce new strains, then choose the best of the seedlings to raise as mothers for the future. Alas, as soon as a clone has roots, it is considered a plant. I don't really need to have more plants anyways. I usually grow under what I'm allowed.

20-07-2011, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2011 08:59 PM by DeepThought.)
(20-07-2011 12:05 PM)Filox Wrote:  Of course I do, but I think it is even more important if I can actually help somebody while smoking... The possibilities are endless, for me it only starts with smoking, but I can smoke it legal or illegal and I don't care, I have been smoking it most of my life, but all other thing I can not do. I can not make bio-diesel, I can not make oil, I can not grow it for anything... And I am concerned when I see rainforests destroyed for wood and paper and I know there is an alternative... It all sucks!!! My smoking is pretty irrelevant compared to all other things and benefits.

I know it has legitimate medical uses but Filox, I get the impression you like it too much and your bias swings too far in one direction.

"The possibilities are endless" - "My smoking is pretty irrelevant compared to all other things and benefits."
This doesn't help your case at all.

"I can not make bio-diesel, I can not make oil"
Do you have any idea how much work is involved and how much land you would need just to get enough oil for your car every week?
Obviously not... Also the strain used for oil production isn't the same as the one that gets you high.
Biofuel is impractical even if you use hemp. This doesn't help your case either.

Filox, you seem more concerned with smoking it and use this other stuff as an excuse. I think that is lame. It's like saying 'Alcohol is fantastic!' It can be used to fuel cars and drinking occasionally in small quantities it is beneficial.
This is why I clicked like on sy2502's post. You seem more interested in excuses for what you do rather than being honest and saying yeah, I do it to get high.
There is nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Stark seems to have the right idea.. a more balanced approach.

The weed doesn't produce THC for the benefit of humans to get stoned. It is a defence against predators/insects. It slows them down and paralyses them. Makes the plants predators vulnerable prey.

The resin is where the seeds would normally be. The female produces the most resin. All drugs have side effects. Here is a more balanced video.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
21-07-2011, 02:10 AM
Yeah, as soon as I sad I smoke every day and I did all sorts of other drugs, nobody took me seriously anymore and I have become one of those stupid stoners. Thank you so much for seeing the reason I've put this thread on. First of all, if you read the first article, you will see I haven even mentioned smoking. Why is that? Because I was trying to point out OTHER GOOD qualities of this plant. If I wanted to talk about smoking, I would write about that. The reason I didn't write about smoking is because it is not interesting and it is not why I am mostly concerned. What I am concerned is the truth. I hate these conspiracies, I hate when everybody is lying about medicine, about nature, about ecology, about health, about everything. That is why I stated in my first post that this could easily be in the "Conspiracy" section of the forum. I will not talk about smoking weed and what it does or does not do, because it is the most dangerous part and way to use the Cannabis, it is the least beneficial and the most harmful, so it has nothing to do in this kind of thread. And I did not start all this for promoting the legalization of weed, but to tell the truth, or at least what I believe to be the truth about a plant you all just see as a drug. Thank you for destroying one very serious thread that was supposed to put some new light on modern medicine, textile industry and ecology.

P.S.
You could at least first WATCH the damn videos, then comment on my smoking...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
21-07-2011, 11:01 AM
(20-07-2011 05:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Your little smilies don't change the fact that you're being ignorant of the truth. You still assume that this is to get high. Fact is, your friends are abusing the system. That doesn't mean everyone is, it just means that the people you choose to associate with do. If anyone's on a high horse, it's you for making assinine assumptions.

You wouldn't have got so passionate about pot if it didn't make you high. Carrots are pretty good for you too. Do you go on Internet forums going on and on about how carrots will save the world? No? Why not? I rest my case.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
21-07-2011, 01:10 PM
(21-07-2011 11:01 AM)sy2502 Wrote:  
(20-07-2011 05:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Your little smilies don't change the fact that you're being ignorant of the truth. You still assume that this is to get high. Fact is, your friends are abusing the system. That doesn't mean everyone is, it just means that the people you choose to associate with do. If anyone's on a high horse, it's you for making assinine assumptions.

You wouldn't have got so passionate about pot if it didn't make you high. Carrots are pretty good for you too. Do you go on Internet forums going on and on about how carrots will save the world? No? Why not? I rest my case.

You sure do rest your case quickly once you decide you're right don't you. Sounds like a fundamentalist.

First, I never claimed pot would save the world. It can, however, improve it. Second, I've never seen a carrot stop the suffering I've seen cannabis stop. Easing someones pain is a pretty damn good reason to be passionate about something in my opinion.

Why not stop assuming you know something about me and start listening to what other people have to say. Or are you so self ritious that you're afraid to be shown something you didn't already know? Will your world crumble around you if you are wrong about an assumption you made?