The most laughable/Stupid/Frightening thing a believer has said to you...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2014, 01:27 PM
The most laughable/Stupid/Frightening thing a believer has said to you...?
One of the worse things I've ever heard put forward thing a Christian has ever told me is:

If you were to mass murder 10 people God will forgive you as long as you believe in Jesus (or end up believing at some point in the future)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes photon9's post
26-08-2014, 04:48 PM
RE: The most laughable/Stupid/Frightening thing a believer has said to you...?
(25-08-2014 05:46 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  When both of my daughters died from infantile tay-sachs disease 3 months apart at the ages of 15 months and 5 months.....and the good reverend said, "god needed his angels back, he brought them home so he could bring you closer to him".. Facepalm

Then when my wife at the time thereafter successfully committed suicide on her third attempt in 2 weeks the good reverend said, "she is at peace now, remember god doesn't give you more than you can handle, he must have great plans for you."

Facepalm

Yeah. F you.

Man that all sucks. If you were in arms reach you would get a bro-hug.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
26-08-2014, 06:24 PM
(25-08-2014 05:46 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  When both of my daughters died from infantile tay-sachs disease 3 months apart at the ages of 15 months and 5 months.....and the good reverend said, "god needed his angels back, he brought them home so he could bring you closer to him".. Facepalm

Then when my wife at the time thereafter successfully committed suicide on her third attempt in 2 weeks the good reverend said, "she is at peace now, remember god doesn't give you more than you can handle, he must have great plans for you."

Facepalm

Yeah. F you.

Wow. Just wow.

One of the worst thing I ever saw a whole group of theists do was in regards to the death of a child in a car accident very near Christmas time. The father, a high school baseball coach, was driving with his 7 year old son home from some event when his truck slipped off an icy road into the Columbia river here in Portland. The father got out ok but couldn't get his son out even after many attempts. It was tragic. The parents weren't religious, maybe not atheist but certainly not church goers. A group of fundamentalists swarmed in and kind of took over the whole funeral and handled the press . During the memorial at the high school the pastor of the fundi church, who didn't know the parents or the child, spoke a bunch of platitudes and religious mumbo jumbo while standing in front of large posters advertising for the church along with the web site address to donate to the church. It was on the memorial cards too. Vultures, just vultures.

The parents were in such a state of shock and so distraught I don't think they knew what was happening. They didn't want the fundi church people there but didn't have the emotional strength to tell them to go away.

It was so disgusting!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
26-08-2014, 07:29 PM
The most frightening thing I have ever heard from a believer came from a Muslim who's home I was visiting on a social call. After serving me a drink and talking with me as any polite friend might, things turned ugly. After excusing himself to say prayers, my host returned and a discussion of religion now began, not willingly on my part. Knowing I was a non-believer, my host very slowly and without venom explained how I was going to hell and my entire nation and culture would bow the knee to the new caliphate of Islam that would rise in the Middle East not long from now. He explained this without agitation or anger as if it were simply fact in need of recitation in order to instruct me. It was a stone cold threat issued with self righteousness and arrogance. I excused myself after informing him that I would fight him, his family, and his religion to their deaths or mine if it came down to it, and that it would not be much of a struggle given that his impotent, poverty ridden, and embarrassingly unsuccessful home country and its neighbors have the entire might of the United States Military and armed citizenry to face first. It was one of the most tense moments of my life, but a proud one at that.

Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness.

-Karl Marx
[+] 5 users Like Dark Phoenix's post
26-08-2014, 08:00 PM
My grandmother cheering at every "sign" of the end times... Wars, diseases, famine, earthquakes, tsunamis.

The JWs just can't get enough of death, destruction and human suffering.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
26-08-2014, 08:30 PM
When discussing the origin of man with a Creationist thinker, I asked..."so you really do think that mankind has been around for roughly 7000 years?"

Creationist thinker: "yes"

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
26-08-2014, 08:34 PM
(26-08-2014 08:30 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  When discussing the origin of man with a Creationist thinker, I asked..."so you really do think that mankind has been around for roughly 7000 years?"

Creationist thinker: "yes"

Creationist "thinker"

[Image: Do-not-think-it-means1.jpeg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-08-2014, 09:53 PM
My mother-in-law once said "it takes more guts to believe in god than not". I wanted to say "oh really? How about I wear a Christian t-shirt for a day, and you wear an atheist t-shirt for a day, and we'll see about 'guts' " ... But I didn't... To keep the peace. I think she said it more to the rest of the room than directing it towards me. Can't remember if she knew I was an atheist at that point Consider

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
27-08-2014, 07:02 AM

Facepalm

Yeah. F you.

you have my condolences
[+] 1 user Likes Ace's post
27-08-2014, 07:12 AM
(26-08-2014 01:27 PM)photon9 Wrote:  One of the worse things I've ever heard put forward thing a Christian has ever told me is:

If you were to mass murder 10 people God will forgive you as long as you believe in Jesus (or end up believing at some point in the future)

what the ****ing [self imposed censorship due to extreme hate and not-nice language] idiot does one have to be proud of being in that religion