The most laughable/Stupid/Frightening thing a believer has said to you...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 02:48 PM
RE: The most laughable/Stupid/Frightening thing a believer has said to you...?
(01-09-2014 01:32 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 06:47 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Being asked "Why do I hate god" or "why I am angry with god"

Those questions usually induce rage

It induces rage because you know it's true. You hate being told that you believe in God because you know you can't deny it.

The anger stems from the stupidity of the question.

And your statement is of equal stupidity. It really is time for you to fuck off.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 10:07 PM
(01-09-2014 02:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 01:32 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  It induces rage because you know it's true. You hate being told that you believe in God because you know you can't deny it.

The anger stems from the stupidity of the question.

And your statement is of equal stupidity. It really is time for you to fuck off.

An unjustified ad homenim? Wow. You really don't like the truth do you?

Truth seeker.
Find all posts by this user
02-09-2014, 06:15 AM
(01-09-2014 10:07 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 02:48 PM)Chas Wrote:  The anger stems from the stupidity of the question.

An unjustified ad homenim? Wow. You really don't like the truth do you?

Not an ad hominem. You need to look that up, because you don't understand it.

It is a stupid question because you assume what you can't possibly know, you draw an absurd conclusion, and you do it over and over.

Really, it's time for you to fuck off and die.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-09-2014, 06:20 AM
(01-09-2014 01:32 PM)diddo97 Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 06:47 AM)TheStraightener Wrote:  Being asked "Why do I hate god" or "why I am angry with god"

Those questions usually induce rage

It induces rage because you know it's true. You hate being told that you believe in God because you know you can't deny it.
*yawn* in case you didn't notice it, your record is broken. And go fuck yourself with a porcupine.
02-09-2014, 09:48 AM
"The Bible is highly scientific and predicted things that people couldn't have possibly known about at the time."
02-09-2014, 10:14 AM
(25-08-2014 05:46 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  When both of my daughters died from infantile tay-sachs disease 3 months apart at the ages of 15 months and 5 months.....and the good reverend said, "god needed his angels back, he brought them home so he could bring you closer to him".. Facepalm

Then when my wife at the time thereafter successfully committed suicide on her third attempt in 2 weeks the good reverend said, "she is at peace now, remember god doesn't give you more than you can handle, he must have great plans for you."

Facepalm

Yeah. F you.
This literally brought tears to my eyes. Nothing like having your whole life turned upside down all at once. Sad And the reverend's replies... WTAF?!?! I see, so you were too distracted by your daughters from giving gawd its much needed attention so it took your daughters so you could "get closer". Dodgy And since gawd never gives you more than you can handle, how does the rev explain your wife's suicide? Huh (rhetorical) Just unbelievable! Angry

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
02-09-2014, 03:03 PM
When I was arguing with an orthodox preacher and he disagreed with logic.

If somebody points out a fallacy, and you call fallacy fallacy, that doesn't mean you are right. That just means you committed the very fallacy you accused your opponent of.
02-09-2014, 03:06 PM
The sign outside a local church near my house said something like "thank you, god for 120 consecutive days a without snow" .... Facepalm it's fucking summer, but yeah, ummmm thanks god! Dodgy

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta