The most repulsive comment, a theist has ever said.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-09-2011, 06:34 PM
The most repulsive comment, a theist has ever said.
So I was stumbling earlier today, looking at some Anti-Gay websites when I fell apon a press release from "GodHatesFags.com". Just like all of the other anti-gay websites they attempt to use scripture to back up there claims, and usually add a smirky comment at the bottom. But what they said...made me angry, as it is just disgusting in nature, and in my honest opinion, who ever wrote it should themselves be damned.

So what angered me so much? Well it was this comment.

"THANK GOD FOR IEDS!"

Now I know some of you have served, or know someone who has served. These people put their lifes on the line every day, to protect, guard, and server their country. While the ideals of war may be argued, they still stand and fight. So why does this organization so hate the very people that protect them.

It sickens me to think I share the same land as these people, that I let them be governmed by the same laws, and freedoms.

This is my rant, what's yours.

Link to article.

http://godhatesfags.com/fliers/20110904_...etrich.pdf
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2011, 07:13 PM
RE: The most repulsive comment, a theist has ever said.
This is my favourite:

Your best deeds on your best day are as filthy menstrual rags before God.
http://www.worthychristianforums.com/ind...try1633551

Believe nothing you hear and only half what you see
05-09-2011, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2011 07:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-09-2011 07:13 PM)Joe Bloe Wrote:  Your best deeds on your best day are as filthy menstrual rags before God.

Ooh, ooh, I want to be your best day as a filthiy menstrual rag before God. Please, please, let me be it. ... Seriously dude, I will ruin this shit.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
06-09-2011, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2011 03:50 AM by Ava_Rose.)
The Infamous Westboro Baptist Church
Are you aware that you stumbled across the infamous, funeral-picketing Westboro Baptist Church's website? They are not your typical Fundamentalist Christian group. They could, in fact, rightfully be considered a cult because they 1) have a guru, or controlling, power-hungry leader who is unduly worshiped, 2) skew their parishioners' views of reality by constructing a rigid mental framework of religious rules to live by, and 3) exploit their members. Most of the church members are related, and they are frowned upon even by Christian Fundamentalists. They also make posters that say things like 'Thank God for 9/11' and 'God: USA's terrorist', and they're extreme anti-Semites. They often hang the U.S. flag upside-down just to incite more rage. I've seen footage of them tying it to someone's feet and stomping it across the dirty street. They also believe that Obama is the Antichrist and have stood with hateful signs outside his daughters' school.

If you are interested in their group, watch Louis Theroux's 2006 documentary, The Most Hated Family in America:
http://documentaryheaven.com/louis-thero...n-america/

Louis also made a follow-up earlier this year called America's Most Hated Family in Crisis:
http://documentaryheaven.com/america%E2%...in-crisis/

You will likely be very upset by these videos due to the horrible things the church members say and do... The only thing that makes it better is the documentary maker, Louis, who is always the voice of reason amongst his (often severely disturbed) subjects. He's there to ask the questions the audience is wondering, and he himself is an atheist.

The Westboro Baptist Church essentially rejoices in all the world's evils. They celebrate pointless death and suffering. They are glad when children die and soldiers are maimed and injured. They are glad when disease inflicts itself upon the innocent and people kill themselves and others out of anger and hopelessness. They shock whoever crosses their path because they seem to breach every pro-social strand of genetics woven into our species' evolutionary history.

Their leader Fred Phelps is a sad and angry man who believes that his church is the only group of people on earth able to properly interpret the message of the Bible; and theirs is a message of God's unquenchable wrath against humanity for such 'sins' as homosexuality. Mr Phelps believes that any sort of interview with a member of the outside world is futile and laughable because the heretic's questions are profoundly stupid and unworthy of being asked. I believe it was him (but it may have been another church member), who, when asked if he would be upset if one of his younger family members pointlessly died in a tragic accident, said no; he would rejoice at God's judgment.

Luckily some of the cult's young women were kicked out and have since been able to build lives outside the Church. Two of these women are interviewed in Louis's 2011 follow-up.

I hate watching the church members' demonstrations. Everything they do is intended to sting, shock, and show a profound hatred for the U.S. and all its citizens. Many passersby react to their pickets with strong disapproval and anger. When someone from the public loses it and begins yelling at them or challenging their message, the church members express a sort of fiendish delight - especially Shirley, his vocal and arrogant daughter. It's like they've been trained to dig at people where it hurts most.

It's difficult to know how to react to extremists like those of the Westboro Baptist Church. On the one hand, they seem to embody pure evil; but on the other, they are so hopelessly brainwashed you have to feel sorry for them for being such pathetic human beings. They recently won a Supreme Court battle to protest at funerals due to freedom of speech. In the second documentary, they mention that if they had lost, they may have traveled to the Holy Land to preach... now that would have been interesting! I doubt they would have made it back to America alive. As it is, I'm sure no one would mourn the death of Fred Phelps.

As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods;
They kill us for their sport.
- Shakespeare's King Lear
[+] 2 users Like Ava_Rose's post
06-09-2011, 08:36 AM
Hey, BG.

Two points.

1 - Do you think it's impossible to believe that someone has also said, thank God for Tomahawk cruise missiles?

2 - Calling the thread, "The most repulsive comment, a theist has ever said," implies a link between Theism and the WBC. It's like if the Black Hebrew Israelites said something idiotic (which, of course, they'd never do) and I started a thread called, "The most repulsive comment, a black person has ever said."

Hey, Ava.

Thanks for the Louis Theroux links. I love his show. His racist one was harrowing.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
06-09-2011, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2011 04:17 PM by BGrambo.)
(06-09-2011 08:36 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, BG.

Two points.

1 - Do you think it's impossible to believe that someone has also said, thank God for Tomahawk cruise missiles?

2 - Calling the thread, "The most repulsive comment, a theist has ever said," implies a link between Theism and the WBC. It's like if the Black Hebrew Israelites said something idiotic (which, of course, they'd never do) and I started a thread called, "The most repulsive comment, a black person has ever said."

Hey, Ava.

Thanks for the Louis Theroux links. I love his show. His racist one was harrowing.

Matt

Tomahawk missiles aren't usually aimed at their allies first off, so please read the link I put in there, and secondly they are still theists.
07-09-2011, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2011 04:20 PM by Ghost.)
Hey, BG.

So your issue is that they are happy that American soldiers are dying while they themselves are Americans, not that they are praising a weapon of war that other people demonise (because those people are on the receiving end [IEDs are evil!] but are perfectly happy to praise a weapon that deals out death [suck Tomahawk, terrorist scum] )?

Sure, they're Theists. But so what? The Black Hebrew Israelites are black, but you'd never say, "look at what those black people said," because it implies a link that isn't there, ie, all blacks and all Theists are like this and or capable of this because of these extremists. If you called the thread, "That asshole Phelps said something really fucked up and I'd like to punch him in the dick," I doubt I'd have an issue.

PS: I don't think I need to visit a site calld godhatesfags. I'll just have to take your word that it's fucked up. Like Jules said, "Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker."....... I say that cause I don't wanna frequent a hate site, not becaues I think that the WBC has pumpkin pie-esque qualities. They probably tase more like the inside of my anus, which, for the record, I would not taste.

Matt
07-09-2011, 06:01 PM
(07-09-2011 04:14 PM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, BG.

So your issue is that they are happy that American soldiers are dying while they themselves are Americans, not that they are praising a weapon of war that other people demonise (because those people are on the receiving end [IEDs are evil!] but are perfectly happy to praise a weapon that deals out death [suck Tomahawk, terrorist scum] )?

Sure, they're Theists. But so what? The Black Hebrew Israelites are black, but you'd never say, "look at what those black people said," because it implies a link that isn't there, ie, all blacks and all Theists are like this and or capable of this because of these extremists. If you called the thread, "That asshole Phelps said something really fucked up and I'd like to punch him in the dick," I doubt I'd have an issue.

PS: I don't think I need to visit a site calld godhatesfags. I'll just have to take your word that it's fucked up. Like Jules said, "Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker."....... I say that cause I don't wanna frequent a hate site, not becaues I think that the WBC has pumpkin pie-esque qualities. They probably tase more like the inside of my anus, which, for the record, I would not taste.

Matt

They are using their religion in direct correlation to their hate against their own countrymen. That is why I point them out as theists. Don't like title? Put me on ignore.
07-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Hey, BG.

I'll put you on grumpy.

Matt
07-09-2011, 09:34 PM
The Westboro Baptists are nothing more than professional trolls. The less attention they are given, the better.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
[+] 2 users Like trillium13's post