The most repulsive comment, a theist has ever said.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-09-2011, 02:51 AM
RE: The most repulsive comment, a theist has ever said.
If somebody was to come to their gathering and kill them all very painfully, I wouldn't feel a bit sorry for them, actually, I think I would be pretty glad to see them all dead. And I am not a person who thinks this way, but if you are as retarded as they are and then also very aggressive in your retardiness, then it is best to put you down and out of your misery.

I think it's time that I start reading PLO and IRA manuals again... All these religions have their nutcases who kill people in the name of God, why not be an atheist who kills people in the name of not-God? I never heard of an atheist fundamentalist, don't you think we need one?

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Ghost:
I'd say the difference between being a theist and being black is that theism is a choice (except of course in the case of brainwashing) whereas being black isn't (except for people like Michael Jackson Smile).

/Martin
09-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Hey, MAD.

Choice/no-choice isn't the issue for me. Implying connections to wholes because of parts is.

"Oh look. Another black guy committed a crime. Typical."
"Oh look. Another American shot a Mexican immigrant. Typical."
"Oh look. Another Democrat burned a flag. Typical."
"Oh look. Another Jew produced a movie. Typical."
"Oh look. Another Irishman blew up a mailbox in London. Typical."
"Oh look. Another white man beat up a black guy. Typical."
"Oh look. Another Theist said something disgusting. Typical."

I'm just not a fan of promoting negative stereotypes.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
09-09-2011, 09:49 AM
....And stereotyping is EXACTLY what happens when you make a statement about a group when you are referencing the actions of members within that group. Whether they chose to be a part of that group or not, the entire group should not be held responsible for the actions of individuals. To do so is reprehensible. It is akin to racism. I know that's a bold statement, but hey, I take this kind of thing pretty seriously. I choose to be a farmer. Does that mean that other farmers actions are representative of me? Hell no.

.....(gee, I wonder if I'll get a negative rep for sharing my opinion Wink).....

So many cats, so few good recipes.
15-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Ghost and Stark:
I'm not quite sure I can argue against what you're saying since I agree fully :-)

I would say, though, that I believe to some extent it's ok to stereotype from people's choices. If I for example am a member of Amnesty International you could easily stereotype that I'm most likely a person who cares for Human rights, if I'm a member of a neo-nazi organization I'd probably not like Jews very much. In some parts whenever we decide to express a choice we've made it is because we want society to know something about us. If I choose wear the symbol for Anarchy on my neck it's usually not as a fashion statement.

I wasn't really arguing against your statement that it was wrong to stereotype groups based on individuals within the group, I was merely pointing out that I think it was a bad comparison :-)
I also agree that apart from being theists the group 'theists' probably doesn't have that many things that everyone agrees upon :-)

I also agree now I should have expressed myself slightly better but at the moment I thought I was being funny Smile
[+] 1 user Likes MAD's post
16-09-2011, 09:37 AM
RE: The Infamous Westboro Baptist Church
(06-09-2011 03:38 AM)Ava_Rose Wrote:  I hate watching the church members' demonstrations. Everything they do is intended to sting, shock, and show a profound hatred for the U.S. and all its citizens. Many passersby react to their pickets with strong disapproval and anger. When someone from the public loses it and begins yelling at them or challenging their message, the church members express a sort of fiendish delight - especially Shirley, his vocal and arrogant daughter. It's like they've been trained to dig at people where it hurts most.

And just like that you pinpointed their MO. The group thrives on attention.. Like trillium13 said they could be considered a professional group of trolls. If the "media" and passers by could ingnore them it would take the wind out of their sails.

“We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.” Orson Welles
16-09-2011, 11:26 AM
(05-09-2011 07:13 PM)Joe Bloe Wrote:  Your best deeds on your best day are as filthy menstrual rags before God.

Not just repulsive, but with misogynistic undertones too.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
16-09-2011, 11:34 AM
(05-09-2011 06:34 PM)BGrambo Wrote:  ****edited out the whole post to make this a smaller post****

I'm quoting the original post of this thread

Lumping all people who believe God in with the Jonesboro Baptist church is a dangerous fallacy. They are awful people, reviled by everyone, but hinting that these people even slightly represent other Christians is highly inaccurate. Some of their most vocal critics are Christians.

The Jonesboro church is all operated and run by a single nutjob and consists almost entirely of his family members. They are horrible, evil people to be sure, but that does not make them representative of the theist population as a whole.

All of this may not have been your intent but it's how it came off to me. Do not fall in the trap of defining large swathes of people with the same brush.

[Image: 81564_gal-1.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes 17thknight's post
17-09-2011, 12:46 AM
This is obviously the Westboro baptist church. In short, whenever somebody dies it's apparently an act of god for the person being gay or in the military, or something else. All you need to know about the westboro baptist church cult is that they are fucking trolls. There is actually a documentary about them, "The Most Hated Family In America". Though he didn't ask the questions I would have asked, it does give some insight into how and what they believe in.

Almost all of the cult is comprised of their weird, inbred, anti-intellectual family.
17-09-2011, 04:42 AM (This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 05:10 AM by Filox.)
I am just watching this The Most Hated Family in America and I really have no words for this monstrosity. I am not surprised that much, I know about Westboro, but still, to see and listen to this... My head now hurts.

P.S.

Can somebody from USA explain to me how in the hell can this "church" act and work publicly, without going to jail? They are extremely offensive to homosexuals, ALL other religions, the ARMY (!!), the USA in general, they walk on USA flags, they pick on different celebrities and make gross statements about them. What the fuck? Even in Croatia they would have all been lock in jail or asylum, but first they would all be arrested and prosecuted. And what about the little children? Where is the social service, what the hell are they doing now? If they can not lock them away, why not at least give them a ticket every time they go outside with offensive messages, so that way they would drain their money supply and kill them slowly. What is wrong with USA and criminal justice, I thought you could not behave this way and get away with it. If I were to come to USA and start screaming against "niggers and Jews", how much time would I have to wait before somebody takes me to jail, since I am not a religious figure nor Christian?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson