The most users online at one time was...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2015, 03:23 AM
RE: The most users online at one time was...
(08-08-2015 02:18 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-08-2015 01:45 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  It would be interesting to know the ACTUAL time when that happened and the number of users. I saw that there are 15,730 people in here and I honestly wondered how many of them actually log on.

The statpage says only 38% of registered users have ever made so much as a single post, and there are about 50 posts per registered user as a global average.

So given that there are a few hundred of us accounting for many thousands of posts each, the vast majority of users never post and the vast majority of those who do don't get past single digits.

How much they browse, harder to say.

People like me. That joined in 2011, I've made all of 165 (well 166 now I guess) in that time. (Stat says that's .12 posts per day, or .02 of total posts).

I check in every Saturday or so, see what's new. Usually if I see a thread that is interesting, I find that what I would have said has already been said.

Also many often times I have started a reply and then after reading it, found it to have sounded better in my head then in print and have deleted it without posting.

A friend in the hole
"I'll be back when I want it...not when I need it." - Hawkeye
"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
09-08-2015, 05:05 AM
(09-08-2015 03:13 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  If you search messages by number of posts, that is a bit of an indocator as to the number of active people IMO. It seems that Chas is the undisputed king of posts.

I prefer Prince of Posts, Pharaoh of Phrases, or Palatine of Palaver. Consider

But not Queen of Quotes. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
09-08-2015, 05:11 AM
(08-08-2015 01:08 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Bug? Test? Aliens? Shocking

Maybe all 3 Gasp maybe its a Bug Test Alien Shocking maybe, that's what crashed at Roswell. Dum Dum Dummmmmm

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
09-08-2015, 08:42 AM
(09-08-2015 05:05 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-08-2015 03:13 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  If you search messages by number of posts, that is a bit of an indocator as to the number of active people IMO. It seems that Chas is the undisputed king of posts.

I prefer Prince of Posts, Pharaoh of Phrases, or Palatine of Palaver. Consider

But not Queen of Quotes. No

Tsar of Terse.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
10-08-2015, 07:51 AM

I'd forgotten about that filter!

Turns out I'm 23rd in post count. Huh.

And only ~160 users have 1000+ posts, and given the curve that's more than 50% of total posts accounted for right there.

EDIT: I checked. It's 75%.

... this is my signature!