The myth of the sexually depraved atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2012, 10:29 AM
The myth of the sexually depraved atheist
I'd like to meet this kind of atheist, if he exists, and try to learn his secrets. Apparently some atheist guys want to live out the swinging atheist fantasy, judging from atheist women's complaints about sexual harassment at the conferences; but the men's lack of success shows that they can't cut it.

If anything, male atheists seem to face sexual frustration more than sexual opportunity. Years ago I talked to two atheists (John Sikos and Frank Zindler) who knew Madalyn O'Hair, her son Jon Garth Murray and her granddaughter (and Jon's niece) Robin. The three of them had lived together right up to the time of their abduction and murder by a disgruntled ex-employee and his low-life accomplices. My sources described the unmarried Jon as a middle-aged virgin, and they said that Robin had trouble finding and keeping boyfriends.

Wow, what a letdown. I thought that when it came to sex, the son of America's most famous atheist at the time would have it made, kind of like Hugh Hefner in his prime.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 10:33 AM
RE: The myth of the sexually depraved atheist
(12-07-2012 10:29 AM)advancedatheist Wrote:  Wow, what a letdown. I thought that when it came to sex, the son of America's most famous atheist at the time would have it made, kind of like Hugh Hefner in his prime.

Why would you think that? Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-07-2012, 10:43 AM
(12-07-2012 10:33 AM)kim Wrote:  
(12-07-2012 10:29 AM)advancedatheist Wrote:  Wow, what a letdown. I thought that when it came to sex, the son of America's most famous atheist at the time would have it made, kind of like Hugh Hefner in his prime.

Why would you think that? Undecided
Oh, because of what the bible says:

Galatians 5:19 " Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness."

Ironically the fact that atheism doesn't translate into sex shows that the bible lies to us.
12-07-2012, 10:55 AM
For some reason William Murray, Madalyn O'Hair's son who became a christian, didn't point out in his Mommie Dearest book about Madalyn and the horrors of atheism the disconnection between his mother's alleged doctrines and the fact that her other son and her granddaughter didn't have much going for them sexually:

[Image: 2a54d2d063543e3765cd.bmp]
12-07-2012, 11:29 AM
Myth?!
[+] 1 user Likes StatiK's post
12-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Does wanting to be depraved count? I'm already an atheist. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-07-2012, 12:51 PM
These theists know it. I'm a sexual tyrannosaurus. Mm-hmm.
12-07-2012, 02:24 PM
From William J. Murray's statement in 1999 about the disappearance of his family:

http://www.rfcnet.org/news/default.asp?a...rticle=144

Quote:[font='Times New Roman']My brother would have been forty years old the month he was murdered. He lived with my mother. He had breakfast with my mother. He went to work with my mother. He had lunch with my mother. He had dinner with my mother. He went on vacation with my mother. He never married. He never really even had the opportunity to have a serious relationship with a woman because Of the control my mother possessed over him. My mother had the same control over my daughter. She was just thirty the year she was murdered. She also lived with my mother. My mother used food to control her and make her unattractive to men. By the time she was murdered she was so heavy she had to purchase two airline tickets because she could not fit in one seat.[/font]
So why, then, does Murray perpetuate the myth that atheists have such wonderful sex lives? By his own admission, his brother and his daughter lived more like unmarried, sexually abstinent christians.
12-07-2012, 02:26 PM
From William J. Murray's statement in 1999 about the disappearance of his family:

http://www.rfcnet.org/news/default.asp?a...rticle=144

Quote:My brother would have been forty years old the month he was murdered. He lived with my mother. He had breakfast with my mother. He went to work with my mother. He had lunch with my mother. He had dinner with my mother. He went on vacation with my mother. He never married. He never really even had the opportunity to have a serious relationship with a woman because Of the control my mother possessed over him. My mother had the same control over my daughter. She was just thirty the year she was murdered. She also lived with my mother. My mother used food to control her and make her unattractive to men. By the time she was murdered she was so heavy she had to purchase two airline tickets because she could not fit in one seat.

So why, then, does Murray perpetuate the myth that atheists have such wonderful sex lives? By his own admission, his brother and his daughter lived more like unmarried, sexually abstinent christians.
12-07-2012, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 02:41 PM by ClydeLee.)
A small sample size doesn't make the case for the majority. She clearly was living a polarized life because of who she was and definitely made poor choices in taking care of her family. A lot of that likely would of been because people would know who they were and perhaps they were threatened many times in their lives.

I actually just listened to a podcast of "Living after faith" where they talked to a guy who was doing research on comparing guilt of sex with religion. There had been studies on the past dealing with guilt and sex but this specifically talked withed those who were former religious people on how their sex lives changed and altered their guilt. The differences in denominations shows huge differences and they can be explained pretty well.

Here is the home page for that info: http://ipcpress.com/

The oddest data that came up was how the Unitarian church members were equal on levels of sexual guilt to Atheists/agnostics. They asked all those members why that would be the case, and it turns out, the Unitarian Church takes sexual education serious and teaches their kids the proper benefits of healthy safe sex. Even all atheists/agnostics when raised young don't get those benefits.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson