The myth of the sexually depraved atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2012, 02:43 PM
RE: The myth of the sexually depraved atheist
Damn I never quite get things right...I am much more deprived than depraved.

SMH...who knew one letter could make such a difference.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-07-2012, 05:25 PM
I've done 'depraved' I guess but that was down to being a rock musician more than an atheist.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
12-07-2012, 10:00 PM
(12-07-2012 12:51 PM)StatiK Wrote:  These theists know it. I'm a sexual tyrannosaurus. Mm-hmm.

Ouch!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
12-07-2012, 10:06 PM
(12-07-2012 10:29 AM)advancedatheist Wrote:  Apparently some atheist guys want to live out the swinging atheist fantasy, judging from atheist women's complaints about sexual harassment at the conferences; but the men's lack of success shows that they can't cut it.

If anything, male atheists seem to face sexual frustration more than sexual opportunity...

Yeah, it's kind of a problem -- the sexual harassment and the sexual frustration, and I'm pretty sure one follows the other. The atheist community is mostly male. Look at any thread in any atheist forum and you'll find there's about one female poster for each four male posters (according to such a count I took on a richarddawkins.net thread on this subject). There aren't enough female atheists for us, which means that they get hit on aggressively in our attempts of beating each other to the women.

I have a girlfriend at the moment, and she's Catholic... she just happens to be a rational thinker, so we agree on almost every topic despite the difference in religion. I'd rather be with an atheist, but there's a shortage.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post
12-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Could I please have your definitions of "depraved"?

I just want to be clear on this vs "healthy sexual / sensual appetite".

Thanks.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
12-07-2012, 10:29 PM
I imagine that there are more male atheists than female. I also imagine that your chances of coming across a female on a forum are much less. Perhaps it's time to create an atheists dating service? I get 40%
Hate to say it but facebook has some neat atheist pages where you can "meet" people.
[+] 2 users Like Noelani's post