The nature of our universe (multiverse)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2012, 01:40 PM
The nature of our universe (multiverse)
This is from a TED talk done by physicist Brian Greene about String Theory, Multiverses and why ours seems fine tuned for life. The end of the speech about what our descendants in the distant future will observe is interesting.

http://www.ted.com/talks/brian_greene_wh..._life.html

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
25-04-2012, 02:26 PM
RE: The nature of our universe (multiverse)
Awesome vid. I'll have to check out more stuff from that site?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
25-04-2012, 03:49 PM
(25-04-2012 02:26 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Awesome vid. I'll have to check out more stuff from that site?
It's an awesome site. Some of the talks are really interesting Smile

Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

Enlightenment is liberating.
25-04-2012, 04:15 PM
We REALLY need to get that "Resources" thing up and going, so people can either post, or submit this stuff to a central archive, and they aren't all just "lost" in old threads. What's holding it up ? Can we just start a "resouces" thread .. should I get some $$ from the old man ? Let's go already. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-04-2012, 04:52 PM
(25-04-2012 02:26 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Awesome vid. I'll have to check out more stuff from that site?
Oh man, you don't know about TED??? You're about to dump a lot of time there broski Smile

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson