The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
07-03-2017, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2017 11:14 AM by GirlyMan.)
The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!
And the winners are -the poor, old, and sick! Yay! America is great again! Praise Jesus! Gramma ain't gettin' pushed off no cliff now - she getting like $4K/yr to splurge on the finest cardiologists in the country. And Joe the unemployed plumber is gonna be able to provide great coverage at a decent price for his whole family with those tax credits! And the sick get their own pool! Their own pool! Like the lepers! Wow! Just WoW! Jesus loves me this I know for Paul Ryan tells me so ....

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 13 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-03-2017, 10:01 AM
RE: The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!
As for Congressional Budget Office review of the plan to see if the numbers add up...

Hey, look! It's sparkly unicorns and ice cream!
[+] 6 users Like julep's post
07-03-2017, 10:06 AM
The hypocrisy of the RNC never ceases to amaze me.
[+] 1 user Likes ResidentEvilFan's post
07-03-2017, 10:09 AM
The link doesn't work, but I read all about it last night and could actually feel my blood pressure rising. It makes me SO ANGRY because people will literally die and/or go bankrupt because of these proposals. It better not pass!!

They REALLY fucking hate women and the poor:

The proposal defunds Planned Parenthood. No federal funding can be made, either directly or indirectly, by Medicaid to a healthcare organization that “provides for abortions,” other than those done in cases of rape or incest or to save the life of the mother. That’s Planned Parenthood. It’s proper to note that Planned Parenthood doesn’t use federal funds to pay for abortions, as that’s already against the law. This measure shuts down funding for the organization just because it uses other funds to cover those procedures.

The bill effectively shuts down private health insurance coverage for abortion. According to a House Ways and Means Committee digest, the measure forbids spending federal tax subsidies on health plans that include coverage of abortion, even if the customer doesn’t get an abortion. This would dramatically shrink working Americans’ access to insurance-covered abortions, or would lead to insurers dropping abortion coverage from their plans, or both. Customers could buy separate policies to cover abortions, but couldn’t use the federal subsidy to help pay for them. Insurers likely would charge hugely discouraging premiums for such policies, as the market for them would be tiny.

As of Dec. 31, 2019, ACA rules that required qualified health plans to provide hospitalization, maternity care, mental health services and other benefits would be sunsetted at the federal level. States would have the authority to set them instead. The impact on private, non-Medicaid plans would therefore vary by state. If a state removes maternity benefits, for example, that’s likely to make maternity coverage, among other services, immensely expensive, if available at all.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 8 users Like ShadowProject's post
07-03-2017, 10:13 AM
(07-03-2017 09:08 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And the winners are - the poor, old, and sick! Yay! America is great again! Praise Jesus! Gramma ain't gettin' pushed off no cliff now - she getting like $4K/yr to splurge on the finest cardiologists in the country. And Joe the unemployed plumber is gonna be able to provide great coverage at a decent price for his whole family with those tax credits! And the sick get their own pool! Their own pool! Like the lepers! Wow! Just WoW! Jesus loves me this I know for Paul Ryan tells me so ....

the link doesn't work

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
07-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Try this link.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/06/news/eco...index.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
07-03-2017, 10:25 AM
I have seen first hand what happens when the disenfranchised have had enough; violence, riots, chaos, insecurity...we’re headed that way.

"Higher-income Americans could pay fewer taxes, get more tax benefits. The legislation would eliminate two taxes that Obamacare levied on the wealthy to help pay for the law. Nearly everyone in the Top 1%, who earn more than $774,000 a year, would enjoy a hefty tax cut, averaging $33,000, according to the non-partisan Tax Policy Center. Those in the Top 0.1% would get an average tax cut of about $197,000.”

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
07-03-2017, 10:43 AM
(07-03-2017 10:09 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  The proposal defunds Planned Parenthood. No federal funding can be made, either directly or indirectly, by Medicaid to a healthcare organization that “provides for abortions,” other than those done in cases of rape or incest or to save the life of the mother. That’s Planned Parenthood. It’s proper to note that Planned Parenthood doesn’t use federal funds to pay for abortions, as that’s already against the law. This measure shuts down funding for the organization just because it uses other funds to cover those procedures.

A few days ago I read that EU governments and non governmental organisations have already collected up to 180 millions to go to American Planned Parenthood. They obviously saw the signs on the horizon and try to prevent the worst. I read it in passing, so I haven't bookmarked the story, which was in German. It seems legit, since it was reported by a reputable source.
[+] 6 users Like abaris's post
07-03-2017, 10:47 AM
I hope it is true. Poor women are going to die because of these measures. It's already difficult for rural women to get proper healthcare, this is just going to make it damn near impossible.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
07-03-2017, 10:51 AM
(07-03-2017 10:47 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I hope it is true. Poor women are going to die because of these measures. It's already difficult for rural women to get proper healthcare, this is just going to make it damn near impossible.

I tried to unearth the article but can't find it. It didn't explicitly say Planned Parenthood, but collecting funds for places where women can get abortions and medical abortion advice, because Dump has threatened to cut funds for such places.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post