The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
15-03-2017, 07:11 AM
RE: The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!
This is just so cruel and stupid, both.

People with no insurance will wait until they feel really, really bad - then go to the ER, where they get treated. There they find out they have cancer or something - and it's in the last stages. Now they have a choice of spending all their and their family's money to possibly live a little longer or roll up in a corner and die. Meanwhile, the government i.e. the people pay for the ER. Facepalm

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-03-2017, 07:30 AM
(15-03-2017 07:11 AM)Dom Wrote:  This is just so cruel and stupid, both.

I guess the intent is cruelty, although they would call it by a different name. At least the American right has got that bootstraps mentality. If you can't take care of yourself, then rot in the streets. There's also this kicking down on poor people. Sad day for you if you can't pay the bills, don't blame anyone else for your lazyness.

Conservatives in all the world have wet dreams over this American model. They call it taking more responsibility. Another euphemism for I don't care if you land in the gutter.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
15-03-2017, 07:32 AM

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-04-2017, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 10:07 PM by Full Circle.)
Physicians for a National Health Program advocate for a single payer system. I’m just reading now to get up to speed on the details.

"What is Single Payer?
Single-payer national health insurance, also known as “Medicare for all,” is a system in which a single public or quasi-public agency organizes health care financing, but the delivery of care remains largely in private hands. Under a single-payer system, all residents of the U.S. would be covered for all medically necessary services, including doctor, hospital, preventive, long-term care, mental health, reproductive health care, dental, vision, prescription drug and medical supply costs.

The program would be funded by the savings obtained from replacing today’s inefficient, profit-oriented, multiple insurance payers with a single streamlined, nonprofit, public payer, and by modest new taxes based on ability to pay. Premiums would disappear; 95 percent of all households would save money. Patients would no longer face financial barriers to care such as co-pays and deductibles, and would regain free choice of doctor and hospital. Doctors would regain autonomy over patient care.

The Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Act, H.R. 676, based on PNHP’s AJPH-published Physicians’ Proposal, would establish an American single-payer health insurance system.”

FAQ regarding how it works.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
02-04-2017, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2017 10:34 PM by EvolutionKills.)
(02-04-2017 09:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Physicians for a National Health Program advocate for a single payer system. I’m just reading now to get up to speed on the details.

"What is Single Payer?
Single-payer national health insurance, also known as “Medicare for all,” is a system in which a single public or quasi-public agency organizes health care financing, but the delivery of care remains largely in private hands. Under a single-payer system, all residents of the U.S. would be covered for all medically necessary services, including doctor, hospital, preventive, long-term care, mental health, reproductive health care, dental, vision, prescription drug and medical supply costs.

The program would be funded by the savings obtained from replacing today’s inefficient, profit-oriented, multiple insurance payers with a single streamlined, nonprofit, public payer, and by modest new taxes based on ability to pay. Premiums would disappear; 95 percent of all households would save money. Patients would no longer face financial barriers to care such as co-pays and deductibles, and would regain free choice of doctor and hospital. Doctors would regain autonomy over patient care.

The Expanded and Improved Medicare for All Act, H.R. 676, based on PNHP’s AJPH-published Physicians’ Proposal, would establish an American single-payer health insurance system.”

Think about that. Use the doctor you want, because none will be out outside of the small pool selected by your insurance plan. Not having to worry about moving and changing jobs because you might lose coverage, you'll keep it no matter where you are or what your job is. It'll free up people to move and pursue career changes, allowing for a more dynamic workforce. Also the threat of being bankrupted by medical bills will be a thing of the past, and the United States can join the rest of the developed first world in not having such bills be the leading cause of personal bankruptcy.

Of course, this all makes too much damn sense to ever get passed. Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-04-2017, 10:23 PM
(02-04-2017 10:11 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Of course, this all makes too much damn sense to ever get passed. Dodgy

Of course it does. I’d give my left nut to see this enacted.

I bet this plan would even cover having it reattached. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
02-04-2017, 10:31 PM
(02-04-2017 10:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 10:11 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Of course, this all makes too much damn sense to ever get passed. Dodgy

Of course it does. I’d give my left nut to see this enacted.

I bet this plan would even cover having it reattached. Smile

Probably. Tongue

02-04-2017, 11:30 PM
(02-04-2017 09:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...

... and everyone from every other civilised country smiles knowingly to themselves.

Rolleyes

Welcome to the 20th Century.

Tongue

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
03-04-2017, 07:15 AM
(02-04-2017 11:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 09:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ...

... and everyone from every other civilised country smiles knowingly to themselves.

Rolleyes

Welcome to the 20th Century.

Tongue

Hey! We ‘Murikans might be slow to the party but once we get there we’re the first ones to put the lampshade on our heads. You just remember that Mr. Smarty Pants. Angry

[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
03-04-2017, 08:06 AM
(02-04-2017 09:59 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Physicians for a National Health Program advocate for a single payer system. I’m just reading now to get up to speed on the details.

"What is Single Payer?

Just playing the devil's advocate here...

The amount of savings realized from reduced administrative costs is a huge assumption here. For one thing a large part of those administrative costs are driven by government regulation. Those requirements aren't going to go away just because the government starts paying for everything.

Another question is can our government administer such a system any more efficiently than private industry? I can't remember anyone accusing the US government of being particularly efficient lately.

Who exactly is going to administer the system anyway? Making it a government program doesn't necessarily mean government employees are the ones processing the claims.

What happens to all the people currently processing claims for providers and insurance companies? How many of them can go to work in the new system? How many of them are going to be unemployed? What happens to the pension funds for all the people currently working for the insurance companies once their employers go out of business?

I'm not saying we can't or shouldn't have such a system. I am saying we should probably spend a few billion dollars coming up with a comprehensive plan on how to best implement it so we will have a good idea of what it is going to cost, and what the end effect is going to be.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post