The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
07-03-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!
(07-03-2017 01:35 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Do they resent paying to have pot holes repaired?

Believe it or not, yes they do! Here in Wisconsin, our roads are in terrible shape and getting worse. We could repair them except that there is no money in the budget for that. All it would take is a few pennies per gallon added to the gasoline tax, but our governor refuses to do that. He campaigned on reducing taxes (or at least not raising them), and that is more important to him (and presumably, to those who elected him) than fixing the roads.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Grasshopper's post
07-03-2017, 01:43 PM
Fucking Americans.

They still haven't found the metric system.

Aside from my friends, they sound like a bunch of dumb cunts.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-03-2017, 04:12 PM
(07-03-2017 01:26 PM)Banjo Wrote:  This morning I must attend hospital for some tests. This will cost me zero dollars. Why, because I've payed taxes.

It is very good to live in a civilised nation.

I hope one day my Americans friends learn what that means. Sad

I have had four medical appointments in the last two weeks. I have an appointment at the local hospital to have injections in my eyes* before the end of the month. There is no chargé for any of this beyond the taxes I have paid over the years. The United Kingdom is not as wealthy as the USA but some of its spending priorities are far better placed.

[* This sounds a lot worse than it really is - you can't feel anything under a local anaesthetic and you can't see the needle being inserted.]

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

07-03-2017, 04:19 PM
(07-03-2017 11:03 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Those poor, poor insurance CEOs and executives. Won't someone PLEASE think of them???

"Insurance companies could get a big tax break. Obamacare allowed insurance companies to deduct only $500,000 of their executives' pay as a business expense. The GOP bill would repeal that limitation, starting in 2018.
Top insurers pay their leaders millions in compensation every year so this provision could mean a nice tax savings for the companies."

source:
http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/06/news/eco...ment-bill/

Having to pay less tax means that operating orofits will be boosted, so insurance companies can lower their premiums without affecting the bottom line. Surely this a good thing - it's not like any of them would use the extra money to boost executive pay; surely not!

“I am not responsible for actions of the imaginary version of me you have inside your head.” - John Scalzi

[+] 2 users Like Norm Deplume's post
07-03-2017, 04:26 PM
(07-03-2017 04:19 PM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  Surely this a good thing - it's not like any of them would use the extra money to boost executive pay; surely not!

Or refuse to pay up on some technicality.

The last two times I needed insurance, (not health related, that's covered by the state) I had to lawyer up to make them pay. They tried and they failed but I shudder to think I had to go through the same for something as basic as healthcare.
07-03-2017, 04:30 PM
The plan has run into serious opposition by Republicans! Not awful enough!

Conservatives lash out at House GOP’s Obamacare replacement bill

"But key lawmakers and outside groups, who can rile up the party’s base against legislative plans, said the legislation does not go far enough in pulling back elements of President Barack Obama’s overhaul.

“The House Republican proposal released last night not only accepts the flawed progressive premises of Obamacare but expands upon them,” Michael Needham, the head of Heritage Action for America, said in a statement Tuesday. “Congressional Republicans should fully repeal the failed law and begin a genuine effort to deliver on longstanding campaign promises that create a free market health care system.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost...db47b58b46

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
07-03-2017, 04:31 PM
(07-03-2017 04:30 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  “Congressional Republicans should fully repeal the failed law and begin a genuine effort to deliver on longstanding campaign promises that create a free market health care system.”

Isn't making dangerous threats a felony?
07-03-2017, 04:33 PM
Yeah but we have access to all the coverage we want! Rolleyes
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
07-03-2017, 04:40 PM
(07-03-2017 04:33 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah but we have access to all the coverage we want! Rolleyes
Yeah, just like I have access to a tiara from Tiffany's! If I decided I'd rather look fabulous than pay the mortgage...
[+] 6 users Like julep's post
07-03-2017, 04:46 PM
(07-03-2017 04:12 PM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  [* This sounds a lot worse than it really is - you can't feel anything under a local anaesthetic and you can't see the needle being inserted.]

I've had 5 injections already. And it's only 9.45 am.

Happily they are free.

I must be a commie!!!! Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post