The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
07-03-2017, 05:57 PM
RE: The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!
(07-03-2017 04:12 PM)Norm Deplume Wrote:  
(07-03-2017 01:26 PM)Banjo Wrote:  This morning I must attend hospital for some tests. This will cost me zero dollars. Why, because I've payed taxes.

It is very good to live in a civilised nation.

I hope one day my Americans friends learn what that means. Sad

I have had four medical appointments in the last two weeks. I have an appointment at the local hospital to have injections in my eyes* before the end of the month. There is no chargé for any of this beyond the taxes I have paid over the years. The United Kingdom is not as wealthy as the USA but some of its spending priorities are far better placed.

[* This sounds a lot worse than it really is - you can't feel anything under a local anaesthetic and you can't see the needle being inserted.]

*Bolding mine.

It may not be so bad, but if you could get pictures of this as it happens, it would make for an awesome avatar. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
07-03-2017, 07:56 PM
(07-03-2017 04:40 PM)julep Wrote:  
(07-03-2017 04:33 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah but we have access to all the coverage we want! Rolleyes
Yeah, just like I have access to a tiara from Tiffany's! If I decided I'd rather look fabulous than pay the mortgage...

Why would you want a roof over your head when you can choose to have jewels over your head instead? Perhaps these decisions would be easier if you'd just decide to stop being a non-billionaire. That's what Trump and his friends chose. Just do what they did.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
07-03-2017, 09:40 PM
(07-03-2017 10:06 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  The hypocrisy of the RNC never ceases to amaze me.

The stupidity of the DNC is equally appalling.

The DNC had a chance to give us "Medicare-for-All", but chose to give us Obamacare instead.

Simply increasing the Medicare payroll tax from 1.45% to 12.8% for employers and employees would generate $2.33 TRILLION, enough to cover the annual cost of medical care by 94%, leaving only a modest $10 co-pay for users.

The enemy numbered six hundred - including women and children - and we abolished them utterly, leaving not even a baby alive to cry for its dead mother. This is incomparably the greatest victory that was ever achieved by the Christian soldiers of the United States. -- Mark Twain
08-03-2017, 12:11 AM
(07-03-2017 09:40 PM)Mircea Wrote:  ...
Simply increasing the Medicare payroll tax from 1.45% to 12.8% for employers and employees would generate $2.33 TRILLION, enough to cover the annual cost of medical care by 94%, leaving only a modest $10 co-pay for users.

Now, now. Don't get all serious with facts and ideas and shit.

This is supposed to be thread where the Canadians, Europeans and Antipodeans get to tease the Murikans for choosing the economics of the freedom to be selfish over the economics of having a healthy tax-paying work force.

Case in point:

(07-03-2017 01:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  ...
Here in Wisconsin, our roads are in terrible shape and getting worse. We could repair them except that there is no money in the budget for that. All it would take is a few pennies per gallon added to the gasoline tax, but our governor refuses to do that.

I'm not quite sure what's so difficult to understand about having good quality road surfaces that will save everyone fuel and having a maintenance program that creates employment which generates tax revenue.

But, y'know, Murika! Land of instant gratification n'all.

As President Jesus said, "Think of the lilies of the field and give no thought for the morrow".

Angel

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
08-03-2017, 12:01 PM
Told ya so. They go from having no health insurance to having it, then they bite the hand that subsidized them. Facepalm

"Ms. Brawley in Monroe, N.C., said she and her husband could barely afford their current premiums, and her deductible of $3,500 a year is far too high. Still, she added, “it’s better than owing $20,000 or $30,000.”

“This is my second year with the Obama insurance,” she continued, “but before then, I didn’t have any and didn’t go to the doctor.”

She and her husband voted for Mr. Trump — the first time she had voted in her life — she said, because “I thought he would make it better.””
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/07/healt...-plan.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
08-03-2017, 12:55 PM
Who Wins and Who Loses Under Republicans’ Health Care Plan

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017...pe=article

The higher your income the more you benefit...backasswards. Facepalm

[Image: age-40-income-40.png]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
08-03-2017, 01:21 PM
(08-03-2017 12:55 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Who Wins and Who Loses Under Republicans’ Health Care Plan

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017...pe=article

The higher your income the more you benefit...backasswards. Facepalm

[Image: age-40-income-40.png]

As much as I'm trying to get away from stereotyping political parties, that's exactly what I would expect from Republicans.
09-03-2017, 12:41 AM

Nice work Birdguy! Now your non-existent insurance will cost more and cover less, not just for you, but for everyone. Way to go dipshit.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
09-03-2017, 05:20 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 05:36 AM by Thoreauvian.)
(09-03-2017 12:41 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Now your non-existent insurance will cost more and cover less, not just for you, but for everyone.

An excellent summary of complex issues -- hopefully the Republican plan won't pass.
09-03-2017, 06:28 AM
Serious Inquiry Only #22 - From Obamacare to Trumpcare

President Trump’s health-care plan probably would make health care pricier for core Trump voters @ The Washington Post

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post