The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
09-03-2017, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2017 11:32 AM by Ruby Crystal.)
RE: The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!
Dodgy Uhg....

Well this is just wonderful for me, poor class person only having one year of college left luckily I'm only going to be 19, however i'm still living under their roof, still looking for a fucking job, and getting insurance will be like pulling teeth.

Isn't the world just great!?

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2017, 12:42 PM
(07-03-2017 11:45 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I don't think the majority of conservative voters will learn. I really don't.

Let's face it, Jesus is a big reason he won. There are scores of people who would like nothing more than see abortion rights overturned. Like truly, this is WHY they voted for him. They want god back in schools, no more abortion and only 'traditional' lifestyles in the mainstream.

Also guns. Can't forget guns.

They will never vote for a democrat. EVER.

The election of Trump proves religion is not that important to them. Except perhaps as cover for something else. Whatever Trump currently personifies, something pretty evil and contrary to their religious teachings actually, supersedes their "attachment" to religion.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 3 users Like tomilay's post
09-03-2017, 12:55 PM
(09-03-2017 12:42 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(07-03-2017 11:45 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I don't think the majority of conservative voters will learn. I really don't.

Let's face it, Jesus is a big reason he won. There are scores of people who would like nothing more than see abortion rights overturned. Like truly, this is WHY they voted for him. They want god back in schools, no more abortion and only 'traditional' lifestyles in the mainstream.

Also guns. Can't forget guns.

They will never vote for a democrat. EVER.

The election of Trump proves religion is not that important to them. Except perhaps as cover for something else. Whatever Trump currently personifies, something pretty evil and contrary to their religious teachings actually, supersedes their "attachment" to religion.

I think it's more complicated than that. Many of the religious right may be pragmatists who are willing to vote for an immoral person as long as he goes along with their agenda (or allows his theocrat VP to do so) -- in the same way that I pragmatically voted for Hillary Clinton even though I dislike her. She was the lesser of two evils.

Also, a lot of Trump's support came from disenchanted working class people (not necessarily religious) who were fed up with both parties and "the system" in general. They voted for Trump because he was an outsider who promised to shake things up. He was not elected by the religious right alone. They were simply one part of a coalition that, together, was enough to elect him.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
10-03-2017, 01:54 AM
I feel a lot better after watching this. At first I was a little worried that they were gonna skimp and use a 1 or 2-pronged approach but they're gonna use a 3-pronged one. 3-pronged approaches always wotk. Perhaps most comforting was from 12:00-13:00 where he explained that "The whole idea of Obamacare is that the people who are healthy pay for the people who are sick, it's not working and that's why it's in a death spiral." It's good that we have experts in charge who can explain these complicated matters to me.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-03-2017, 02:19 AM
(10-03-2017 01:54 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "The whole idea of Obamacare is that the people who are healthy pay for the people who are sick, it's not working and that's why it's in a death spiral." It's good that we have experts in charge who can explain these complicated matters to me.

Oh, I hope he dies choking on his own cock. That is the biggest crock of shit ever. You need the young and healthy people to be insured to spread the risk around, lowering premiums and rates for everyone. Sure, they may pay a little more now; but that will be offset as they get older and their costs would go up. The problem with the individual mandate wasn't that it was too strong, it's that it was too weak. We really just need to bite the bullet and have universal coverage for everyone, and undo that bollocks where the government cannot negotiate for better group discounts from pharmaceutical companies (the government is currently gagged and cannot negotiate for better prices) on account of it representing such a large group of people.

These health saving accounts are great if you can already afford healthcare, but won't help those who need the most help; and will end up being a huge boon as effective tax shelter for the very wealthy.

Once again, I reiterate my hope that Paul Ryan gags to death on his own cock.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-03-2017, 02:24 AM
(10-03-2017 02:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh, I hope he dies choking on his own cock. That is the biggest crock of shit ever. You need the young and healthy people to be insured to spread the risk around, lowering premiums and rates for everyone.

Twitter is abuzz with praise and accolades for his actuarial acumen - Insurance 101 For Paul Ryan: The Healthy Are Supposed To Help Pay For The Sick

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-03-2017, 02:29 AM
(10-03-2017 01:54 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I feel a lot better after watching this. At first I was a little worried that they were gonna skimp and use a 1 or 2-pronged approach but they're gonna use a 3-pronged one. 3-pronged approaches always wotk. Perhaps most comforting was from 12:00-13:00 where he explained that "The whole idea of Obamacare is that the people who are healthy pay for the people who are sick, it's not working and that's why it's in a death spiral." It's good that we have experts in charge who can explain these complicated matters to me.

Yup. It's also reassuring how he sees the people as a 'market'.

I think that says it all.

Quite right that everyone, rich or poor, should be able to shop around for which diseases suit them best.

Dodgy

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
10-03-2017, 02:33 AM
(10-03-2017 02:24 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 02:19 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Oh, I hope he dies choking on his own cock. That is the biggest crock of shit ever. You need the young and healthy people to be insured to spread the risk around, lowering premiums and rates for everyone.

Twitter is abuzz with praise and accolades for his actuarial acumen - Insurance 101 For Paul Ryan: The Healthy Are Supposed To Help Pay For The Sick

My response to every Republican talking head trying to justify their actions that will directly lead to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of American citizens by removing coverage or pricing it out of reach.

[Image: Br0DUgkIUAArfWT.jpg:large]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-03-2017, 05:26 AM
(10-03-2017 01:54 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Perhaps most comforting was from 12:00-13:00 where he explained that "The whole idea of Obamacare is that the people who are healthy pay for the people who are sick, it's not working and that's why it's in a death spiral."

That's how insurance works.

Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
10-03-2017, 05:32 AM
(10-03-2017 05:26 AM)Jay Vogelsong Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 01:54 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Perhaps most comforting was from 12:00-13:00 where he explained that "The whole idea of Obamacare is that the people who are healthy pay for the people who are sick, it's not working and that's why it's in a death spiral."

That's how insurance works.

Facepalm

Hello, dear USA,

welcome to the late 19th century in Germany where we had (an empire still and) this discussion and Bismarck finally had public healthcare introduced in 1883.

Next week we will talk about some achievements of the early 20th(!) century, like public insurance for unemployment (1927). Big Grin

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 9 users Like Deesse23's post