The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
10-03-2017, 05:59 AM
RE: The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!
(10-03-2017 05:32 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  welcome to the late 19th century in Germany where we had (an empire still and) this discussion and Bismarck finally had public healthcare introduced in 1883.

Not because he loved the Great Unwashed that much but because of social peace and common sense. Which seems to be an alien political concept in some parts of the world.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
10-03-2017, 06:08 AM
(10-03-2017 05:32 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Next week we will talk about some achievements of the early 20th(!) century, like public insurance for unemployment (1927). Big Grin

The Germans, ya gotta luv 'em. Always smiling. Eating a sausage.

They may have given the world Hitler but did get the Russians and Americans into space.

Can't be all bad. Wink

ConsiderConsiderConsider

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 5 users Like Banjo's post
10-03-2017, 06:25 AM
(10-03-2017 06:08 AM)Banjo Wrote:  They may have given the world Hitler but did get the Russians and Americans into space.

Can't be all bad. Wink

ConsiderConsiderConsider

Hitler was a "glitch" Tongue
Sorry, but we werent able to send them (Russians and Muricans) all into space. Angel

This is Otto:
He introduced public healthcare. Otto was smart. Be like Otto.

[Image: 220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-R68588,_Otto...smarck.jpg]

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post
10-03-2017, 07:46 AM
Paul Ryan is Hitler in sheep's clothing.

I am convinced the asshole would love to see poor and minority people just fucking die already.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
10-03-2017, 07:49 AM
(10-03-2017 07:46 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Paul Ryan is Hitler in sheep's clothing.

I am convinced the asshole would love to see poor and minority people just fucking die already.

He's a fan of Ayn Rand and her philosophy. Do I need to say more?
[+] 5 users Like abaris's post
10-03-2017, 08:28 AM
(10-03-2017 07:49 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 07:46 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Paul Ryan is Hitler in sheep's clothing.

He's a fan of Ayn Rand and her philosophy. Do I need to say more?

The Ayn Rand branch of Libertarianism (she was a hypocrite who took government money for her healthcare problems caused by her smoking!) needs to die in a fire.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-03-2017, 09:07 AM
(10-03-2017 06:25 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 06:08 AM)Banjo Wrote:  They may have given the world Hitler but did get the Russians and Americans into space.

Can't be all bad. Wink

ConsiderConsiderConsider

Hitler was a "glitch" Tongue
Sorry, but we werent able to send them (Russians and Muricans) all into space. Angel

This is Otto:
He introduced public healthcare. Otto was smart. Be like Otto.

[Image: 220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-R68588,_Otto...smarck.jpg]

Great mustache! He and Nietzsche must have gone to the same mustache groomer.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
10-03-2017, 09:36 AM
(10-03-2017 01:54 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I feel a lot better after watching this. At first I was a little worried that they were gonna skimp and use a 1 or 2-pronged approach but they're gonna use a 3-pronged one. 3-pronged approaches always wotk. Perhaps most comforting was from 12:00-13:00 where he explained that "The whole idea of Obamacare is that the people who are healthy pay for the people who are sick, it's not working and that's why it's in a death spiral." It's good that we have experts in charge who can explain these complicated matters to me.

I'll watch it later. His views, aside from the hypocrisy(we pay for his healthcare) and ignorance of how insurance works, are at least consistent with the Republican (conservative) world view - healthy people should not worry about the sick because they are not sick themselves. Things only become important when they directly affect him or loved ones. He can't see(or look) beyond his nose.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 3 users Like tomilay's post
10-03-2017, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 12:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(10-03-2017 09:36 AM)tomilay Wrote:  He can't see(or look) beyond his nose.

Fun fact - did you know your eyes always see your nose but your brain mostly just ignores it. Bet you can't stop seeing it now can you? Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
10-03-2017, 12:37 PM
(10-03-2017 09:36 AM)tomilay Wrote:  I'll watch it later.

Don't bother, it's not worth it. I just found that the "expert" who is in charge of developing this rather consequential undertaking doesn't understand the fundamental concept behind insurance funny as all fuck. In a morbid sorta way.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post