The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
10-03-2017, 07:21 PM
RE: The new healthcare plan is here! The new health care plan is here!
(10-03-2017 12:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 09:36 AM)tomilay Wrote:  He can't see(or look) beyond his nose.

Fun fact - did you know your eyes always see your nose but your brain mostly just ignores it. Bet you can't stop seeing it now can you? Big Grin

I bet it affects binocular vision to some extent. But we are used to it. If you get Abe Lincoln's nose and deep sockets, it might become more apparent.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2017, 07:23 PM
(10-03-2017 12:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-03-2017 09:36 AM)tomilay Wrote:  I'll watch it later.

Don't bother, it's not worth it. I just found that the "expert" who is in charge of developing this rather consequential undertaking doesn't understand the fundamental concept behind insurance funny as all fuck. In a morbid sorta way.

I knew Paul Ryan as vile but not dumb. This is eye opening.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 1 user Likes tomilay's post
12-03-2017, 10:51 AM
(07-03-2017 10:25 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I have seen first hand what happens when the disenfranchised have had enough; violence, riots, chaos, insecurity...we’re headed that way.

"Higher-income Americans could pay fewer taxes, get more tax benefits. The legislation would eliminate two taxes that Obamacare levied on the wealthy to help pay for the law. Nearly everyone in the Top 1%, who earn more than $774,000 a year, would enjoy a hefty tax cut, averaging $33,000, according to the non-partisan Tax Policy Center. Those in the Top 0.1% would get an average tax cut of about $197,000.”
Some smooth-talking administration lawyer was saying on TV this morning that this is not Trump's total tax plan, it is just a side effect of the health care bill. But -- and trust the administration on this!! -- over the next year or two, taken as a whole, there will not be tax breaks for the wealthy. Really. Honest.
12-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Quote:The link doesn't work, but I read all about it last night and could actually feel my blood pressure rising. It makes me SO ANGRY because people will literally die and/or go bankrupt because of these proposals. It better not pass!!

You can always count on house republicunts to march in lock step.

[Image: tumblr_n2lzzwYNaZ1reh0fqo1_400.gif]

Easy to see where they learned that from.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
12-03-2017, 01:15 PM
What I don't get is how some worker can vote republican or conservative at all. Its blatantly obvious that they only give a big fuck you and a saturated belch in the general direction of working people. Same goes for Dump. Didn't they notice on which party ticket he was running or were his racist slurs sufficient to get them hooked and to hold still for the sordid lead pipe treatment?
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
12-03-2017, 02:30 PM
(12-03-2017 01:15 PM)abaris Wrote:  What I don't get is how some worker can vote republican or conservative at all. Its blatantly obvious that they only give a big fuck you and a saturated belch in the general direction of working people. Same goes for Dump. Didn't they notice on which party ticket he was running or were his racist slurs sufficient to get them hooked and to hold still for the sordid lead pipe treatment?

It's a mystery to us all.

#sigh
12-03-2017, 02:33 PM
(12-03-2017 02:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 01:15 PM)abaris Wrote:  What I don't get is how some worker can vote republican or conservative at all. Its blatantly obvious that they only give a big fuck you and a saturated belch in the general direction of working people. Same goes for Dump. Didn't they notice on which party ticket he was running or were his racist slurs sufficient to get them hooked and to hold still for the sordid lead pipe treatment?

I think they mostly believe the trickle down economics idea. The golden boy will usher in a golden era for them.

Trouble is, the golden boy is really orange Blink

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
12-03-2017, 02:41 PM

Much of it is due to the right-wing and alt-right media (Fox, Brietbart, Limbaugh, etc etc) that continue to spew lies as truth. Goebbels (I think it was Goebbels) said something like, "Tell lies often enough and people will start believing them as truth." (The quote is something like that; I'm too lazy to look it up at the moment.)

Given that the conservative mind is predispositioned to respond to fear* more than being rational (which is why they are also more likely to both make up fake news and believe it**), they are more likely to believe those lies and respond accordingly.

* Conservatives Big on Fear, Brain Study Finds

** Studies show conservatives are more likely to think false information about threats are credible and Why conservatives might be more likely to fall for fake news
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
12-03-2017, 02:51 PM
(12-03-2017 02:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think they mostly believe the trickle down economics idea. The golden boy will usher in a golden era for them.

You know what trickles down? Diarrhea. That's what they get. But only if the super rich overfed themselves on tax payers dollars.
12-03-2017, 07:09 PM

It is not a mystery at all.

[Image: 101512-shows-dont-sleep-racism-romney-ry...-shirt.jpg]

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 5 users Like Minimalist's post