The new smoking laws (death cards) and government involvement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2010, 04:03 PM
RE: The new smoking laws (death cards) and government involvement
If the smoking individual really doesn't want to stop, it's his/her right to smoke (of course only there where it's allowed).
But of course countries which also have public healthcare want to try to reduce smoking(and other similar stuff), because treating those, who've ruined themselfs by slowly committing a suicide, costs money.

The important thing to do is to try and get the youngsters who are not addicted yet and perhaps haven't even started yet, to not smoke. About 50%, if not more, of the middle school kids in my town start smoking during middle school. Nasty pictures on packages might do something, although I think in most cases the group pressure would win, but at least they'd think of it more. The kids of that age, including me, are smart, but the skill they lack is properly notifying the long-term conseguences when making decisions.

I've tried smoking, many times, different colours and producers, but it feels uncomfortable in my throat when inhaling the smoke and it tastes like.... smoke in slightly different forms.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2010, 04:24 PM

if they REALLY wanted people to stop smoking..they would stop using methods that trigger a sort of oppositional defiance reaction.

I smoke. every time someone turns their nose up at me, starts blathering about the evils of cigs or i see a stupid warning label like the ones mentioned here...it makes me want to smoke MORE.

if they REALLY wanted people to stop smoking...they would do things like make the patch less expensive(FIFTY FREAKIN DOLLARS FOR TEN DAYS WORTH OF PATCHES!!), offer some sort of smoking assistence and similar methods. smoker's rehab kind of thing because for the real hardcore smokers like me...i cant count how many times ive tried to quit, gone literally batpoo crazy and ended up with a lit cig in my hand before i even realized it.
Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2010, 04:54 PM
(19-11-2010 03:21 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I don't see why people should have to stop smoking anyway.

All the "death stick" stuff in blown completely out of proportion. Lots of people in my family have had cancer, only one of them was a smoker.

No one has every claimed that smoking is the only way to get cancer. It does, however, dramatically increase your chances of getting it as well as a whole host of other fun, life threatening diseases. And, all these diseases have a dramatic impact on the overall costs of health care in society. Living in a country that has socialized medicine, you should be very concerned about the impacts of smoking because it can impact the kind of care you can get in the future if cost concerns become a greater factor for the NHS.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
19-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Including the fact that many people have contracted cancer from someone elses habit, ie. second hand smoke. Children are the most common victims of this malady. There need s to be a law stating incarceration, without access to cigarettes, for anyone caught smoking around children.
09-12-2010, 02:21 PM

we already have a massive drop in the tax revenue due to 2 wars on the credit card , tax cut for the rich on the card,the drop in property tax base due to folks walking away from their upside mortgages. now they want to add to this by getting all of us to quit smoking?? watch those tax dollars go out the window too... and the burden will be shifted to ALL tax payers not just the smokers.... better up the taxes on booze and gas fast... and start taxing weed... cause while god ain't short on cash, uncle sam is!!!
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2010, 02:44 PM
TAX RELIGION. Back taxes alone will get the country out of debt and create a hefty bank account.