The nuclear age

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2011, 04:21 PM
The nuclear age
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY

Above is a truly disturbing video of all the known nuclear tests between the years 1945 to 1998. It shows all of the countries who tested, including when they started, when each test was conducted and where it was conducted. At the end it goes through each countries tests and shows via relative scales the amount of testing at each location. Remind me not to move to the Middle East (where Russia tested so much) or the desert southwest of the US.

Imagine how close we really came to permanently fucking ourselves over politics and what may very well be the largest and most absurd dick-wagging contest in the history of life.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2011, 11:44 PM
RE: The nuclear age
I'm proud to say that I don't belong to that generation.
We should strat calling them generation "boom-baby's" instead of "baby boomers".

Are we "generation-cleanup"?

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
23-11-2011, 06:28 AM
We have come so far that you can make small nukes at home with some basic ingredients...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwmHoWfwH...grec_index

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-11-2011, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2011 09:04 AM by mysticjbyrd.)
(22-11-2011 11:44 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Are we "generation-cleanup"?
It looks that way, but first we have to get the keys out of their inebriated hands.

If I lived in the distant future and was researching the 20th century I wouldn't even consider referring to this time as the nuclear age or the information age.
Its most certainly the oil age.
23-11-2011, 09:10 AM
"It takes 40.000 years for radio active material to degrade.
Lets wait 1% of this time with the continuation of this technology to think about what we are going to do with the waste.

So...
I'll see you here in 400 years then"

Madness!!
We are not creating waste for our children, grand children or grandgrand children... We are creating waste for people we don't even have a concept of!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
23-11-2011, 09:18 AM
I've always referred to them as the "Baby Bombers" instead of the "Baby Boomers". The problem is that I know theres plenty of people who don't fit under that label, but then, do labels ever end up accurate?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
23-11-2011, 09:47 AM
(23-11-2011 09:18 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I've always referred to them as the "Baby Bombers" instead of the "Baby Boomers". The problem is that I know theres plenty of people who don't fit under that label, but then, do labels ever end up accurate?
Thanks for making my life complicated asshat!

Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
23-11-2011, 10:49 PM
(22-11-2011 04:21 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Remind me not to move to the Middle East (where Russia tested so much) or the desert southwest of the US.

Hmmn... the desert southwest... where half the residents of Phoenix reported a flying V in 97, and known idiots report delusions of prophethood. Yeah, I'm moving. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
25-11-2011, 08:40 AM
(23-11-2011 09:10 AM)The_observer Wrote:  "It takes 40.000 years for radio active material to degrade.
Lets wait 1% of this time with the continuation of this technology to think about what we are going to do with the waste.

So...
I'll see you here in 400 years then"

Madness!!
We are not creating waste for our children, grand children or grandgrand children... We are creating waste for people we don't even have a concept of!

The cockroach people?
They wont mind.
[+] 2 users Like mysticjbyrd's post
28-11-2011, 06:22 AM
It's gonna be a Fallout scenario sooner or later. Be sure to have you Pip-Boy ready.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post