The nuclear age

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2011, 11:08 AM
RE: The nuclear age
(23-11-2011 09:47 AM)The_observer Wrote:  
(23-11-2011 09:18 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I've always referred to them as the "Baby Bombers" instead of the "Baby Boomers". The problem is that I know theres plenty of people who don't fit under that label, but then, do labels ever end up accurate?
Thanks for making my life complicated asshat!

Smile

Hmm. let me see.. so you want to blame the babies who were born during the testing? That's interesting. How about blaming the guys who made and tested the things. What do we call them now? The Greatest Generation? They were the parents of the Baby Boomers. The Baby Boomers were those who were conceived just after WWII.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2011, 12:12 PM
You know, I've had to tell people to go back and read a post again before, but never when it was two sentences.

Perhaps you could point out where babies were blamed. My point was that the joke around here was to call them baby bombers instead of boomers, and that labels are rarely accurate even if you do think I really mean they were baby bombers.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
28-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Perhaps baby bombers should refer to the Viet Cong?

Too soon?

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
28-11-2011, 12:46 PM
(28-11-2011 12:29 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Too soon?

Maybe a little, but you`re close. Wink

28-11-2011, 01:00 PM
(28-11-2011 12:12 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You know, I've had to tell people to go back and read a post again before, but never when it was two sentences.

Perhaps you could point out where babies were blamed. My point was that the joke around here was to call them baby bombers instead of boomers, and that labels are rarely accurate even if you do think I really mean they were baby bombers.

Stark, Do I really sound that way? Jezuz... Don't take it so seriously. I assume people are speaking with a certain amount of levity where the labels are concerned. I suppose you don't do that. I was making a point about the generation that made the stuff being called "the greatest generation". I guess you missed that point being so concerned about my inability to think or read.

I will try to write a little more cautiously when you are involved... I guess. It seems necessary.

28-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Yes, when you quote my post, then say that I was somehow blaming babies, you do sound that way. I wasn't getting offended or anything, I just didn't get where your statement came from, humor or not.

I think I get where you got the impression I was taking it seriously though. When I said, "f you do think I really mean they were baby bombers" I worded it poorly. I didn't mean that I actually thought you might think I was really considering them baby bombers. I was just trying to get at the fact that I don't even get how your comment applied to mine. Plus the first sentence shoulda had a winky face or something (I never think to use those) cuz I very much meant that as a joke (I was actually chuckling to myself thinking you'd get a laugh out of it) I suspect a little miscommunication is goin on.

28-11-2011, 04:03 PM
(28-11-2011 02:42 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Yes, when you quote my post, then say that I was somehow blaming babies, you do sound that way. I wasn't getting offended or anything, I just didn't get where your statement came from, humor or not.

I think I get where you got the impression I was taking it seriously though. When I said, "f you do think I really mean they were baby bombers" I worded it poorly. I didn't mean that I actually thought you might think I was really considering them baby bombers. I was just trying to get at the fact that I don't even get how your comment applied to mine. Plus the first sentence shoulda had a winky face or something (I never think to use those) cuz I very much meant that as a joke (I was actually chuckling to myself thinking you'd get a laugh out of it) I suspect a little miscommunication is goin on.

OK Captain! I will use lots of winky faces... Wink

When I use those, it feels like I'm giving away the punch line.... It's more like a tongue in cheek thing... :-j Or just say, "get it? get it?" WinkWink

I guess the benefit or the doubt is hard to give on a forum... WinkWink

I know you weren't blaming babies!... But I am! EAT! WinkWink