The official *GUITAR GODS* thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2012, 01:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 05:31 PM by HereticHick.)
RE: The official *GUITAR GODS* thread
WHAT THE TAP DANCING CHRIST IN A POLKA DOTTED TUTU IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD WHEN I CAN GET THROUGH 6 PAGES OF A "GUITAR GOD" POST ON A FORUM AND NOT ONE, NOT ONE MENTION OF THE ILLUSTRIOUS MR. GUY OR ALBERT KING. BOTH WERE MAJOR INFLUENCES ON CLAPTON, HENDRIX, SRV, AND DAMN NEAR EVERY BLUES/ROCK AXE-HANDLER THAT CAME AFTER THEM. Clapton names Guy as the greatest living guitarist. And here's frakkin' why bitches:

and in case that didn't convince you...look out now, cause this shit is serious:

-but if you need just a little bit more...and I know I do:

NOW FOR THE, "OTHER" BLUES KING (NO RELATION):

Son Seals, the greatest overlooked guitarist of blues/funk/soul/rock. Phish ruined his baby, "Funky Bitch". He was damn explosive live, right up to the time he died:

This, right here, this be the real, real shit. Just be REAL quite and enjoy the greatness. R.I.P Son:

Can't forget the man who created funk blues, Johnny Guitar Watson, "The Gangsta of Love". Love his tone. Clean as can be and funky:

This man beat BB King in a guitar duel...enough said:

The Iceman. Nobody else sounds this cold:

Two old school greats, Son House and Skip James:

This cat is my friend; maybe no "Guitar God" by popular measure, but he's amazing so I give him love here. I shot all the videos. I'm good like that with the shooting:

Sol getting down on some Hendrix like a bad, bad man:

-And now...for something completely different. Fripp and Jones:

In case you think I'm strictly a blues-head, I listen to everything and would include several jazz, rock, metal, funk, fusion, bluegrass, classical, players here but I thought I'd crash the server if I gave a full list. OK, my work here is done.

PS one "bass guitar" god. Best on the planet...that's how we VA boys do it (He's from Williamsburg):

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like HereticHick's post

Messages In This Thread