The official "Things That Aren't in the Bible" thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-12-2011, 02:55 PM
RE: The official "Things That Aren't in the Bible" thread
(22-12-2011 02:50 PM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  How about this one - a physical description of Jesus?

I love it - supposedly the single greatest being who ever lived - the one person/god/zombie that is central to life on Earth, and our eternal souls, and well, everything ever in the history of forever, and no one even mentions what he looked like.

Eh, he was probably fairly typical European. Right?

This was posted a while back. A picture of what Jesus most likely looked like if he existed.

[Image: tb_jesuslead-lg-mdn.jpg]

And the story.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2011, 02:56 PM
(13-12-2011 11:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  You're right. I shouldn't have trusted my undergrad and master's classes in Biblical studies.

Just think Eric - now you can invest your educational training to something really useful - like 17th century French poetry... Wink

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-12-2011, 03:23 PM
(22-12-2011 02:50 PM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  How about this one - a physical description of Jesus?

I love it - supposedly the single greatest being who ever lived - the one person/god/zombie that is central to life on Earth, and our eternal souls, and well, everything ever in the history of forever, and no one even mentions what he looked like.

Eh, he was probably fairly typical European. Right?

If I were christian I would say that because God made a commandment about making no images of what is in heaven, and since Jesus was god on earth, then to give a description of him in the bible would tempt some to make a graven image of god. Probably the same idea behind the muslims not making any pictures of mohamed. That worked out well!

Besides this makes Jesus more cosmopolitian. The asians can have an asian jesus, the africans can have an african jesus, americans can have Rick Perry...
22-12-2011, 03:25 PM
yeah but there is a graven image of jesus which catholics kiss

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.